Halloween Horror Nights 2022 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2022 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any hope for Hellraiser? I'm figuring no, but doesn't hurt to ask.
Only reason why I have hope for Hellraiser at HHN in the future is that the new reboot is coming out I think next year. That might push the creative teams on both coasts to pursue Hellraiser!
I'd love to see it at the event but probably not. The First Film has rights issues and the New Reboot by David Bruckner coming out next year is being distributed by Hulu which is owned by Disney.

Can anyone explain what exactly happened with Beetlejuice and Halloween 3? They both seemed like locks until they weren't

Can anyone explain what exactly happened with Beetlejuice and Halloween 3? They both seemed like locks until they weren't

The rumors are...

Beetlejuice merch was printed early in Hollywood while the maze was not as confirmed as it was in Orlando. Printing the merch also might have the broken Beetlejuice's contract. Right holders got mad and pulled out of the event.

Halloween 3 forgot to cover the Sliver Shamrock, revealing for months what was going to be in that location. This also might have the broken Halloween 3's contract. Right holders got mad and pulled out of the event.

I would really love HHNH’s take on a Catacombs house with the exit spilling out into the Parisian courtyard scarezone. Would be cool to seem you’re going through the catacombs to emerge in the city of Paris during a plague (we can do plague themes again now, right?!).

Reactions: MikePat and Freak
I would really love HHNH’s take on a Catacombs house with the exit spilling out into the Parisian courtyard scarezone. Would be cool to seem you’re going through the catacombs to emerge in the city of Paris during a plague (we can do plague themes again now, right?!).
Unfortunately, the folks who run Hollywood are the ones that will go out of their way to avoid controversy, so I don't see them touching any subject matter involving a virus or a plague for at least five years if not more. Yet again, they do occasionally make the baffling decision to have a "Fu-manchu" character for the Demons of the East scarezone from a few years back, so maybe their occasional misstep can bring a cool plague maze. :lol:

With that said, a Catacombs/plague house would be doooope for an original in Parisian. I got to do Catacombs at HHN 20 and I really liked that house (At least what I could remember lol). The facade could blend very well for it surroundings and not to mention the spillover zone would be perfect. The tight space in Parisian would work to its advantage. Man, I really want a Catacombs house in Parisian now. They could probably get around the plague controversy by making it about the undead from the French Revolution or something.

Sucks that the Demons of the East zone was doomed from poor decisions and outrage. I would've really liked to have seen a Demons of the East house. I'm kinda baffled that Knott's is the only event so far to tackle a theme involving Japanese evil spirits. Such a house would lead to some stellar set design and some great costumes and creature effects.

This is actually interesting you brought this up.

I believe their where rumblings that the original maze planned for HHN Hollywood 2020 was going to be a Plague/Dark Ages maze. I even think the rumblings even pointed it to being the West Coast version of Dead Exposure from Orlando.

Does anyone know more about this or was that wild speculation?

I believe their where rumblings that the original maze planned for HHN Hollywood 2020 was going to be a Plague/Dark Ages maze. I even think the rumblings even pointed it to being the West Coast version of Dead Exposure from Orlando.

I remember this being discussed a while back. They scrapped it early on in 2020 due to Covid. But on a parallel timeline, I would’ve been interested to see how it would’ve turned out.

Reactions: HydraGen2299
Silence of the Lambs would be great, as long as they throw in Red Dragon & Hannibal/some original stuff in there, otherwise guests will be fairly confused why someone not Hannibal Lecter is attacking them.

Speaking of classics, I'd still love a Psycho maze. That section in the HoH was my favorite.

Last Night in Soho would've been so cool, but alas! The pandemic claimed another interesting horror flick. Would've loved to see that delicious, delicious scenic though.

In terms of upcoming movies that haven't been discussed much: Black Phone feels like good fodder for a compilation maze, as does "untitled John Logan thriller." Adrift, Dark Harvest, Salem's Lot, and Nope are upcoming maybes. Knock at the Cabin, idk how Shyamalan feels about HHN but maybe.

I'm very curious if, as production ramps up, the Universal Monster flicks that Uni is actually making will start to have more of a presence at the event. Invisible Man was a hit, and Wolfman and Renfield have high-profile packages.

I seriously think Halloween (2018) should be the next maze. A good Halloween movie for a long time, and we still have a few Halloween mazes over the recent years whose films' critical reception aren't that good. The burning house would be a good sight to see in the maze.

I remember this being discussed a while back. They scrapped it early on in 2020 due to Covid. But on a parallel timeline, I would’ve been interested to see how it would’ve turned out.

I recalled reading the planned 2020 maze was a full-blown maze of ToXXXic Tunnel.

Reactions: HydraGen2299
I remember that too what was up with that?

The rumor was pretty much as mentioned, it was gonna' be ToXXXic Tunnel, and since the general concept is something toxic being a virus/infecting people, unfortunately that wasn't gonna' fly.

I’d kill for a Gremlins maze, but being a Warner Bros. property, if Horror Made Here does return for 2022 (and beyond), I think chances are slim Gremlins would come to HHN, even if WB doesn’t actually use the IP for their own event.

Agreed, HMH's return would put a wrench in anything WB-related. An even if they don't use Gremlin's, I'm sure negotiating with WB would be on the dicey side due to the Beetlejuice incident. Because of that, even if everything fell into place for the IP to be an option, I would say Orlando has the better chance of getting it since they didn't lose their Beetlejuice.

Status
Not open for further replies.