Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 2022 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
WB themselves. Although I personally have my doubts. It's been 2 years (obviously one of those was a pandemic) and the event wasn't a smashing success as it is. Personally, I'd like to see WB properties back at Universal. The Exorcist and Beetlejuice are a big indicator that it's possible. And if that's the case, next year there are some HEAVY HITTERS that HHN still haven't touched that people have been clamoring for: IT and The Conjuring-verse would sell out the event every night with just those two.
Ya know what, I'm adding that to my official speculation. I don't have faith HMH will return!
- Scream
- IT
- The Conjuring
- House of Dracula
- Stranger Things
- Chucky
- Halloween
- Original
I'll take The Thing officially off my list, but make it my official WILD CARD/BACKUP entry for any of these if they fall through.
If this anywhere near close the line up, that is a VERY stacked dream year.

Last edited:
WB themselves. Although I personally have my doubts. It's been 2 years (obviously one of those was a pandemic) and the event wasn't a smashing success as it is. Personally, I'd like to see WB properties back at Universal. The Exorcist and Beetlejuice are a big indicator that it's possible. And if that's the case, next year there are some HEAVY HITTERS that HHN still haven't touched that people have been clamoring for: IT and The Conjuring-verse would sell out the event every night with just those two.
Ya know what, I'm adding that to my official speculation. I don't have faith HMH will return!
Sadly, I don’t see the Conjuring ever coming to HHN. Too much legal red tape the powers that be don’t want to touch with the Warren family and all.

I don't see Gremlins coming in the foreseeable future, Ghostbusters did receive a lot of constructive criticism that kinda made HHN wanna push away from that for a bit

Haha is he being purposefully obtuse by not specifying either “that” in this sentence? I mean, the characters for the next UCM maze seem fairly obvious and SSQ was only thematically related, no? Or were they supposed to exist in the same universe? Feel like they could do a UCM maze and a SSQ maze at the same time but maybe I’m missing something.

Personally, I'd rather they just continue the story that Bride has set up. No one said you can't use the "queens" for the next setting of the UM house, but I think it only makes sense to continue it with Dracula for a revenge story.

Well that’s odd. I remember hearing HMH was gone because the area they used was going to be reconstructed and no longer available? Maybe I’m wrong though. I guess they could hold the event somewhere else but it wouldn’t be as easy as the previous location.

My understanding was that AT&T-Time Warner no longer had any interest in doing their own location-based entertainment experiences. With the AT&T shuffling and Discovery sale, I suppose that could change, but the comment above reads much more like an overexcited social media intern than any sort of official word.

My understanding was that AT&T-Time Warner no longer had any interest in doing their own location-based entertainment experiences. With the AT&T shuffling and Discovery sale, I suppose that could change, but the comment above reads much more like an overexcited social media intern than any sort of official word.

Which makes me wonder if that I Like Scary Movies thing from 2019 was in the works prior to them making this decision.. if it was, then it was far enough for WB to go "Okay fine, we'll run with it for now"..

That just reminded me that HMH was actually 2018 and not 2019. Yeah, that ain't coming back.
Which makes me wonder, why didn't Universal jump on IT for this 2021?

That just reminded me that HMH was actually 2018 and not 2019. Yeah, that ain't coming back.
Which makes me wonder, why didn't Universal jump on IT for this 2021?
I think a certain virus that had the same name of a certain beer may have had something to do with this.

With USH being shut down for over a year and HHN having to be canceled, it only makes sense to work with what you got when you’ve already lost a lot of money from having to deconstruct the houses and cancel the event.

I figure you probably can't actually read too much (if anything) into this, but the week of Halloween I visited the Warner Brothers Studio Store, and they had a Horror Made Here window display.

I figure you probably can't actually read too much (if anything) into this, but the week of Halloween I visited the Warner Brothers Studio Store, and they had a Horror Made Here window display.

Didn’t know Corpse Bride was theirs. They should make it a maze!

Status
Not open for further replies.