Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hawkeye (Disney+)

It will be interesting to see the numbers for this show but literally it’s marvel

they haven’t had a flop in so long, I’m sure even if first week people are not watching it by week two it will pick up viewers

Review embargo up for Hawkeye and the show currently sits at 86% with 36 reviews, with an average of 7.6/10 for the first 2 episodes.

Eh. I definitely think it’s the weakest of the Marvel shows so far (not counting What If… which feels separate from the “continuing canon” shows). It feels like Hawkeye has no clue what type of show it’s trying to be. A lot of the make-up/hair decisions feel like cheap caricatures and the writing isn’t popping yet for anyone.

Eh. I definitely think it’s the weakest of the Marvel shows so far (not counting What If… which feels separate from the “continuing canon” shows). It feels like Hawkeye has no clue what type of show it’s trying to be. A lot of the make-up/hair decisions feel like cheap caricatures and the writing isn’t popping yet for anyone.
I respectfully disagree. I’m enjoying the Kate Bishop character so far, it’s nice seeing Hawkeye humanized a bit and most of all, it’s not doing two things that I didn’t like about the previous shows.

1) I appreciate that it doesn’t feel like it’s setting up a bunch of future shows or complicated concepts like the multiverse (WandaVision, Loki)

2) It doesn’t feel pandering and heavy handed like some scenes in FatWS.

Granted it’s still early and it could go a bunch of directions…but this feels like an older Iron Man type movie. Small scale, fun characters and a simplistic story that’s self contained.

Last edited:
I also disagree. I think Hawkeye knows exactly what type of show it wants to be tbh, which is a street level superhero show, much in the same vein as the Netflix MCU shows (which makes sense with the rumor of one of the characters that will be appearing in the series). Steinfeld and Renner's chemistry is great and tbh, in just one episode, we learn more about Hawkeye than we had in all prior of Renner's appearances over the last 10 years in the MCU.

Also, I think it's incredibly hard to judge a show based on the first two episodes. For example, I felt FatWS got off to a bang, but sort of didn't stick the landing (I still loved FatWS, but the finale was a bit weak to me and the antagonists were extremely weak to the point you forgot about them much of the time), whereas Loki and WandaVision sort of did what we all wanted to see and only got better as the shows went on imo. These first few episodes, like all MCU shows, were about character building. Only time will tell if this show gets better or is just meh.

Nah, the award goes to the weird-fanfic-masquerading-as-show that is Loki.

On unrelated note was that blond chick at the end supposed to be Yelena Belova?

Only watched the first episode and liked it a lot, but this is hands-down the most comics accurate D+ series so far. Which I really like.

The David Aja credits are amazing on their own.

And then, Pizza Dog.

'Nuff said ;)

Only watched the first episode and liked it a lot, but this is hands-down the most comics accurate D+ series so far. Which I really like.

The David Aja credits are amazing on their own.

And then, Pizza Dog.

'Nuff said ;)
Same. I’m waiting to watch the second episode tomorrow, but this was the most comics accurate since WandaVision. WV distinctly pulled from two comics - House of M and The Vision whereas this show pulls mostly from the Kate Bishop Hawkeye comic along with some of the early Clint Barton stuff.

I enjoyed the episode, especially the Rogers the Musical scene and a lot of the low level action towards the end with Kate in the Ronan outfit.

Maybe it’s just because I enjoy the Netflix Marvel stuff, but this reminded me a bit of that and I expect Moon Knight to have a similar feel, except even more gritty. There was some plot conveniences that I had to overlook, but I’m looking forward to where this show takes us, especially since we know Yelena is after Clint and will make an appearance in the show.

Oh, and the opening credits are great with this show.

I felt like diving into Clint’s hearing starting to go is a very interesting direction, yet should be so obvious given we know Echo is going to be introduced here and get a spin-off, along with the amount of war Clint has been involved in and him being a mere mortal.

I felt like diving into Clint’s hearing starting to go is a very interesting direction, yet should be so obvious given we know Echo is going to be introduced here and get a spin-off, along with the amount of war Clint has been involved in and him being a mere mortal.
This is the one new element, so far, I’m really interested in seeing play out.

So while I think this show is in ways weaker than other MCU shows before it

I'm enjoying it, Kate is the main star even if the name of the show is Hawkeye and so far I'm liking her character.

It sucks I think Hawkeye is so broken and he was at his best years ago but now isn't even cracking too many jokes and kinda has lost his reason to be in the MCU. I hope we get a deeper dive into him by the end. Overal its like a 6/7 show that im still enjoying but know it will not be for everyone

Anyone else worried that Clint will die at the end of the series? Just a odd hunch.
I would usually say yes, but higher ups have publically discussed keeping Renner on. Plus, we've seen little commitment to the killing of MCU TV characters (I.E the maximoff twins who are introduced in the same series), but we know that they could just be lying (remember when they said Eternals didn't need a sequel?)

Anyone else worried that Clint will die at the end of the series? Just a odd hunch.
I would usually say yes, but higher ups have publically discussed keeping Renner on. Plus, we've seen little commitment to the killing of MCU TV characters (I.E the maximoff twins who are introduced in the same series), but we know that they could just be lying (remember when they said Eternals didn't need a sequel?)
Features Spoilers for WandaVision, Loki, and Hawkeye
It really does feel like they are setting that up, which honestly would make sense. Almost every D+ series in the near future and those that have already released are focusing on succession/complimenting characters of sorts. Billy will replace Wanda (eventually), Sam replaced Steve, Kate replaces Clint (likely holding the same mantle), She-Hulk replaces Hulk, Ms. Marvel either works with and/or eventually replaces Carol, etc.

Really these series are just extended cut origin stories for characters that we are going to see come into play in films, but at the end of the day, I keep going back to Feige's comment about not needing to see D+ shows to still follow the MCU and so far he's right. While things of consequence have happened, not much outside of a few costume changes cant be explained away in a sentence or two. Even Sylvie busting open the multiverse can be explained away in No Way Home. Because of that, I really can't see Hawkeye actually getting killed because that would take some major explaining, but alas we'll just have to wait and see.

It really does feel like they are setting that up, which honestly would make sense. Almost every D+ series in the near future and those that have already released are focusing on succession/complimenting characters of sorts. Billy will replace Wanda (eventually), Sam replaced Steve, Kate replaces Clint (likely holding the same mantle), She-Hulk replaces Hulk, Ms. Marvel either works with and/or eventually replaces Carol, etc.

Really these series are just extended cut origin stories for characters that we are going to see come into play in films, but at the end of the day, I keep going back to Feige's comment about not needing to see D+ shows to still follow the MCU and so far he's right. While things of consequence have happened, not much outside of a few costume changes cant be explained away in a sentence or two. Even Sylvie busting open the multiverse can be explained away in No Way Home. Because of that, I really can't see Hawkeye actually getting killed because that would take some major explaining, but alas we'll just have to wait and see.

If rumors are seemingly accurate, I don't think people should necessarily say She-Hulk is replacing Hulk/Banner.

I do think Hawkeye's going to be safe. Though i'm betting by the end he will fully go deaf and we'll have him adjust fully to ASL.

A few more thoughts after watching Episode 2:
The Swordsman is just WAY too mustache twirly for my liking and i'm gonna have to be convinced on the Tracksuit Mafia isn't just Flag Smasher 2.0 as far as Disney+ show villains go.

Nope. They won't do something that consequential to the MCU in a Disney+ series.

Agreed about a lot of these being origin stories. That makes it so that they can just jump straight into the movie they want to tell with these characters in the movies and establish these characters before putting them into the movies, meaning they will be putting out less origin movies since those stories are being told on streaming.