Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 341 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The classic monsters concept art looks...not great. I like the castle, typically gothic on a mountain. But the houses at the gate look more English than Bavarian. The theater looks like the London Shakespeare theatre and is an Elizabethan style of architecture. The little church in the middle looks more like an American Ikea thingy, the kind that you see everywhere with the fake plastic "stained glass" windows and a speaker for a church bell. It's a hotchpotch of styles and non-sense. I hope the end result is going to be much better but the fact that someone dared to draw this is beyond me.

• Haha
Reactions: jarmor
So is Creature from The Black Lagoon the rumored attraction going into the expansion plot in the Monsters land ?

The classic monsters concept art looks...not great. I like the castle, typically gothic on a mountain. But the houses at the gate look more English than Bavarian. The theater looks like the London Shakespeare theatre and is an Elizabethan style of architecture. The little church in the middle looks more like an American Ikea thingy, the kind that you see everywhere with the fake plastic "stained glass" windows and a speaker for a church bell. It's a hotchpotch of styles and non-sense. I hope the end result is going to be much better but the fact that someone dared to draw this is beyond me.
The art we're seeing is only one artist's take on the land, and it is outdated. They do explorations like this and take the best ideas from each of them for the final vision, but this is NOT the final vision.

So is Creature from The Black Lagoon the rumored attraction going into the expansion plot in the Monsters land ?
Yes.

Based on what you've heard/can infer, is there any chance this is an attraction that could be added to the opening day lineup to compensate for the VR Potter ride going to USF?
I will say this, and this is 100% speculating, but, supposedly Creature was intended to be an opening day attraction back in the beginning. It was held off until phase 2 because one of the technologies involved on the ride was going to take a little bit longer in development. IF they have worked out that tech in the time that the park has been delayed, they could jump on this and get it done sooner.

It may have already gone through design processes and be ready to go, but it'll still be dependent on whether materials and ride system manufacturing can be ready in time. Either way, I feel good about this one happening, even if it remains phase 2, because it was so far along already.

I will say this, and this is 100% speculating, but, supposedly Creature was intended to be an opening day attraction back in the beginning. It was held off until phase 2 because one of the technologies involved on the ride was going to take a little bit longer in development. IF they have worked out that tech in the time that the park has been delayed, they could jump on this and get it done sooner.

It may have already gone through design processes and be ready to go, but it'll still be dependent on whether materials and ride system manufacturing can be ready in time. Either way, I feel good about this one happening, even if it remains phase 2, because it was so far along already.
I imagine Monsters gets the first expansion there anyways, or Potter, but I don’t see another Potter E ticket for a bit. This is super encouraging though!

This has probably been answered before, but I'm having a complete brain lapse at the moment: What exactly is the Creature boat ride system rumored to be? Are we talking more some type of flume ride, something more akin to the Jaws ride, or something that falls somewhere in between?

This has probably been answered before, but I'm having a complete brain lapse at the moment: What exactly is the Creature boat ride system rumored to be? Are we talking more some type of flume ride, something more akin to the Jaws ride, or something that falls somewhere in between?
Only guesses so far as far as I know.

Only guesses so far as far as I know.
Do you believe Uni Creative had other ride concepts for the Potter land besides the ones we know ?

The second attraction was suppose to be the VR Broom ride but then it was moved back to USF ??

Do you believe Uni Creative had other ride concepts for the Potter land besides the ones we know ?

The second attraction was suppose to be the VR Broom ride but then it was moved back to USF ??
I’ve only heard of MoM and VR broomstick for rides. There’s possibly a small theater in there too. MoM has gone through several iterations, but should be set in stone now.

1E6909D5-2EE4-42CC-B4DB-7347C84FF14C.jpeg

Thanks to @Alicia and her hard work, she posted this on Twitter. While I am extremely excited for Epic Universe does ten rides not seem kinda light for this park?

Obviously quality over quantity is important but bearing in mind out of this ten we have a Sky Fly and Splash Boat system that can be found in loads of places and isn’t exactly groundbreaking.

View attachment 15684

Thanks to @Alicia and her hard work, she posted this on Twitter. While I am extremely excited for Epic Universe does ten rides not seem kinda light for this park?

Obviously quality over quantity is important but bearing in mind out of this ten we have a Sky Fly and Splash Boat system that can be found in loads of places and isn’t exactly groundbreaking.
Islands of Adventure opened with 10 rides, including a carousel and a spinner for Seuss.

And just because this is what we think we know now, doesn’t mean this is everything the park will open with. Still years of speculation maps to come!

Islands of Adventure opened with 10 rides, including a carousel and a spinner for Seuss.

And just because this is what we think we know now, doesn’t mean this is everything the park will open with. Still years of speculation maps to come!
Do you think they might possibly add another land to fill out opening day offerings ?

I remember an article mentioning Illumination as a property for the park.Sorry if I’m asking you so many questions I’m just very curious about the development of this park.

Do you think they might possibly add another land to fill out opening day offerings ?

I remember an article mentioning Illumination as a property for the park.Sorry if I’m asking you so many questions I’m just very curious about the development of this park.
I can see Secret Life if Pets added to the opening lineup. Many are hoping for the Monsters phase 2 at opening. Maybe they could have a new Potter ride ready to replace the missing VR experience. Lots of possibilities! Still too early to tell though.

Reactions: londonwerecat

Based purely on my personal preferences, I wish the park (as we know it today; things could change) was going to open with more rides, yes.

But I also feel that every park in Orlando other than Magic Kingdom needs more rides. Epic Universe seems to be trying to be well-balanced (three coasters, three dark rides, four family/kids rides), so at least that's a good start (even if I'm not interested in all of them). Hopefully Creature from the Black Lagoon -- if not added for opening day -- is a Horizons/Imagination situation, where it's already being built when the park opens and it arrives only a year or two later.

and they still don't have 10 'rides' (9 rides, one of which is a 55 second flat ride).
DAK is 20 years old and only has 8 rides
DHS is 30 years old and only has 9.
EPCT is 40 years old and only has 11, including Guardians.

Like, whether we like it or not, 11 rides at EU is one of the highest counts in Orlando Day 1. And if Comcast is set on aggressive expansion as they have said they are, it will only get bigger. 11 is a good place to start, even if I personally want to see more.

View attachment 15684

A lot of qualitative studies across both resorts have determined the average guest is satisfied with ~7 to 8 experiences (not even necessarily rides) per day. I think the variety in themes and ride types will also help make the day feel fuller. It’ll be a nice size compared to most new opens.

ETA: Less rides at opening means less rides that’ll get stale after just a couple of years. More flexibility for expansion is always better for repeat visitors (and more $$)

Reactions: Nico
Status
Not open for further replies.