Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Busch Gardens Williamsburg

This new attraction definitely looks interesting to me. While the theming might plus this attraction, I definitely think as a thrill ride Verbolten will be the better indoor Kaoster due to elements like the "black-out" helix.

If this is legit...this coaster be cooky.

Hmmm, was expecting something like Laf Track or Cobra's Curse

I suppose there is some variation from Verbolten with the motorbike (i.e. Sea Rescue) design

Here's hoping they keep the story from Darkastle and we get some thematic elements

Last edited:
Ah, I see we got to finish 2021 with a two-for-one deal with leaked coaster plans this week.

Hmmm, was expecting something like Laf Track or Cobra's Curse

I suppose there is some variation from Verbolten with the motorbike (i.e. Sea Rescue) design

Here's hoping they keep the story from Darkastle and we get some thematic elements
I don't hate the idea of the train cycling through the layout again. That's actually a pretty good use of space. It'd be nice if they put some effort into the theming and story though.

Ah, I see we got to finish 2021 with a two-for-one deal with leaked coaster plans this week.

I don't hate the idea of the train cycling through the layout again. That's actually a pretty good use of space. It'd be nice if they put some effort into the theming and story though.
If they kept the Darkastle theme it could be you're trying to escape the castle and Ludwig redirects you back

I just picture him saying "leaving so soon, I think not, things are just starting to get going" or something like that

It has potential to be very unique and a fun surprise for people that don't know it's coming

Also, prediction, I see the cars themed to horses

If they kept the Darkastle theme it could be you're trying to escape the castle and Ludwig redirects you back

I just picture him saying "leaving so soon, I think not, things are just starting to get going" or something like that

It has potential to be very unique and a fun surprise for people that don't know it's coming

Also, prediction, I see the cars themed to horses
Curse of Dark Pony Express?

Curse of Dark Pony Express?
Honestly, yes, that's exactly what I was thinking, but dark horses

And not a cable launch of course

And also not a Vekoma lol

Here's a POV for anyone who hasn't seen it at Knotts

Here's a POV of the Intamin Family Launch coaster (and more of what we can expect from DarKoaster)

Last edited:
Using some clever projection mapping, lighting, and projections you could make the second lap look very different than the first.

This is along the lines of what I was thinking, show off various scenery/panels during the first lap and show a different batch for the second. Projection mapping is a good way to go, or you have two different set pieces on opposite sides of the track, and you light one for the 1st lap, then the other for the 2nd. Also, Ludwig is a werewolf, so you can play with that aspect.

Either way, if they can pull this off, then this is a great, creative use of limited space!

I imagine they'll want to separate this from Verbolten so the experiences don't blur together

Although, dark ride elements and theming don't have a very good half life at SeaWorld Parks

I hope they surprise me tho

Great news!

Very! I was initially contemplating a first time trip this year but pushed it back since it felt like this rumor was gonna' happen, so I'm glad I did!

*Update* So, renaming a little food stand from Snack Hutte to BarKastle is an amazing glow-up. And it really cements that DarKastle is returning since there's most likely no way they'd make references to DarKastle out of the blue like this.

Last edited:
Very! I was initially contemplating a first time trip this year but pushed it back since it felt like this rumor was gonna' happen, so I'm glad I did!

*Update* So, renaming a little food stand from Snack Hutte to BarKastle is an amazing glow-up. And it really cements that DarKastle is returning since there's most likely no way they'd make references to DarKastle out of the blue like this.

I love that they're reviving the DarKastle idea...it really was a fun theme and idea

I'm looking forward to a unique family coaster in the space

In the seemingly reoccurring theme of news continuing for BGW, the county approved the 355ft height extension for the park. Which is good news for the fan-dubbed "Drachen Spire" project.

Good for the park, though admittedly unlike Darkoaster, it's not a project I'm gonna' postpone my trip an extra year for.