Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 166 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad it's not just me, the Express merge point for that is absolutely awful. Maybe they'll figure out a way to improve on that this year.

So disappointing - I’m really looking forward to this house but the queue has the absolute worst Express merge of them all.

It was so nice skipping that queue almost every visit last year.
The merge point isn't that bad. For the parade building where Beetlejuice was the merger is at a point where you only need to wait 5-10 more min and for the other one where Hill House was the merger is so close to the entrance that there is almost no wait. Icons last year had a worse merge point

Looks like the next Tribute Store façade has been installed.

It's likely not for HHN yet. But, I can see them keeping it up and slapping some new paint/décor onto it to make it into the version that we saw in the Monsters announcement (and maybe future announcements?)

It looks like it already needs some new paint and decor slapped onto it

Wowza

• Haha
Reactions: Ahmanet
Watch out everyone, crazy old Wiress is gonna say one of her crazy old things again. Everyone should stop saying "x property isn't coming because y owns the rights". Remember Legacy talking about how this year is going to be "wild and unpredictable"? Who's to say that Uni hasn't already made some deals with other companies that we're unaware of? Not everyone here works for Universal and even then, not everyone who DOES work for them knows about all the IP stuff going on. Everyone's talking about "this would be great but Disney owns it now", but do you really think Disney's ever going to use horror properties in their parks? Sorry for the long rant, but I think we're thinking too logically. Too sane. Occam's Razor doesn't apply here, we've replaced it with a chainsaw (it's more efficient). Come on y'all, it's HHN. If we're told it's going to be wild and crazy, you bet your sweet bippy it's going to be crazy.

Watch out everyone, crazy old Wiress is gonna say one of her crazy old things again. Everyone should stop saying "x property isn't coming because y owns the rights". Remember Legacy talking about how this year is going to be "wild and unpredictable"? Who's to say that Uni hasn't already made some deals with other companies that we're unaware of? Not everyone here works for Universal and even then, not everyone who DOES work for them knows about all the IP stuff going on. Everyone's talking about "this would be great but Disney owns it now", but do you really think Disney's ever going to use horror properties in their parks? Sorry for the long rant, but I think we're thinking too logically. Too sane. Occam's Razor doesn't apply here, we've replaced it with a chainsaw (it's more efficient). Come on y'all, it's HHN. If we're told it's going to be wild and crazy, you bet your sweet bippy it's going to be crazy.
There are IPs out there that can't be obtained at all. Relationship with the rightsholder could be muddy, the rights for a specific IP are being fought over, it's too expensive, Uni and the rightsholder couldn't come to an agreement, or the rightsholder simply doesn't want their IP at HHN.

Last edited:
The merge point isn't that bad. For the parade building where Beetlejuice was the merger is at a point where you only need to wait 5-10 more min and for the other one where Hill House was the merger is so close to the entrance that there is almost no wait. Icons last year had a worse merge point
It’s less the length and more the Ops - pretty much a perpetual inability to count. And the scanner always seems to be on the extreme limit of whatever WiFi router they connect to.

Of the circle of people I know who get FF+Express every year, it’s the only spot that gets called out as an annoyance every single year.

Reactions: sjago13
It’s less the length and more the Ops - pretty much a perpetual inability to count. And the scanner always seems to be on the extreme limit of whatever WiFi router they connect to.

Of the circle of people I know who get FF+Express every year, it’s the only spot that gets called out as an annoyance every single year.
The only thing that annoys me there is that people with express get to walk in first during stay and scream. I don’t want to waste my express that early but I would very much like to be the first to walk through the house at least once. I feel like that if you waited right at the front of stay and scream the whole time you should be the first and not express. Also never really had an issue scanning there. If it didn’t work they just let me through

Now pure speculation, but if Netflix wanted to try some sort of ST/Halloween attraction(s) on their own, that might explain the sudden breakup. (That still has yet to be confirmed.)

Quoting myself, and this doesn't directly tie into Halloween or Orlando, at least not yet, but Netflix seems to have figured out it can do ST attractions on its own:

$54/head + 100% of merch revenue may be a number Universal just couldn't match. *If *ST isn't there in September, I have to think this played a role. (Tho if I were a betting man, I'd still put small amounts on it coming to HHN31.)

I'm not too engaged in the exploits of the wealthy elite (unless it's the Shinra Electric Power Company, of course), but are there any rights holders/directors/creators who have directly expressed their wish to not have their property at HHN?

I'm not too engaged in the exploits of the wealthy elite (unless it's the Shinra Electric Power Company, of course), but are there any rights holders/directors/creators who have directly expressed their wish to not have their property at HHN?
Disney, Stephen King, and JK Rowling are very against having their IPs featured at HHN. Not really sure if there's more than that.

Reactions: Darko

Didnt John Murdy (Hollywood’s creative director) do something that annoyed Jason Blum (Blumhouse) so much that Blumhouse properties are off for HHN?

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.