Halloween Horror Nights 2022 (USH) - Tips & Tricks | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2022 (USH) - Tips & Tricks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Express is sold out for the first 2 weeks. Expect longer standby. Sucks but money rules and Universal wants more. Although the FFP is a bargain so just go a bunch of times.
I’d wish that in September or something we can have days that the tickets cost 100 but no fast passes

I don’t mind long lines but long lines because I can’t buy a sold out pass is BS

I skipped opening weekend this year, mostly because of the weather. I hope the operations improve, as I don't have Express or an FFP. I am seriously considering the FFP however.

Has anyone upgraded to FFP in the park this year? I might next Thursday, I'll be sure to let you know how it goes if I do.

Also, I've been told After Hours bar opened with the Early Entry houses, so you could rope drop Pizza Fries lol

While ops of letting in FOL is terrible, I have to assume that last night was another major "unusual" night. With several mazes closing or closed at various times, I imagine it must have been very hard -- if not impossible -- to finish everything. I do not think that will be the case for most nights of the year (or at least I hope).

While I am going several nights this year, my friends I am going with are not. Did anyone see the After 11PM Express upgrade stands? If conditions are the same tonight, I want to make sure we get through everything.

While ops of letting in FOL is terrible, I have to assume that last night was another major "unusual" night. With several mazes closing or closed at various times, I imagine it must have been very hard -- if not impossible -- to finish everything. I do not think that will be the case for most nights of the year (or at least I hope).

While I am going several nights this year, my friends I am going with are not. Did anyone see the After 11PM Express upgrade stands? If conditions are the same tonight, I want to make sure we get through everything.
They had the 11pm express available opening night, saw signs all over the park. It’s probably not gonna rain tonight so that will make things easier, but I am sure wait times will be long regardless. They’re gonna be long all season, imo.

People should either get FFP and go every week, or go two/three times with express. I’m doing the latter. I had general admission on Thursday but that’s never an issue opening night.

They had the 11pm express available opening night, saw signs all over the park. It’s probably not gonna rain tonight so that will make things easier, but I am sure wait times will be long regardless. They’re gonna be long all season, imo.

People should either get FFP and go every week, or go two/three times with express. I’m doing the latter. I had general admission on Thursday but that’s never an issue opening night.
I personally go 3 times. Once opening weekend, once in the middle, and once either toward the end or in November if it's ever available (I don't think it will be this year). It's actually cheaper for me to buy GA tickets on the specific nights I am going than Ultimate FFP, believe it or not. Going a 4th time would constitute a savings in getting the Ultimate FFP, but while I live close to Universal, I can't see myself going more than 3 times.

lol

Or or or they add more nights and have those as none Fast Pass nights so everyone can enjoy them.

I love HHN but basically since I've gone they have had an issue with General ticket holders getting on all mazes and that susks...period. Its not like General are getting in for 30 bucks you are paying 72-100 bucks

Even if they refuse to do a night that costs more to get in but no FOL, then try to help the lines out by
1) Limiting it to using your wrist band for FOL to every 15 mins, so if you go on the weekend first you cant then cut everyone else who was waiting in line for Killer clowns/Monsters
2) Have FOL use the App and have to book a time, to help guest flow
3) Add more shows
4) Add more capacity to mazes or try a double line mazes where you have the scare actors in the middle of the maze and two lines of people (a right and left) going through

Or try, something my frustration is I'm sure on survey's for years lines has to be the number one thing guests don't like about the event.

Especially when Express is selling out everynight and to knowledge if you have a general ticket you can't just upgrade it ahead of time, its just not an ideal system right now. Its basically pay 200 bucks and come a few times to see everything or get a FOL for 200+ bucks. I'd like more options then that and assume everyone on here would as well

Per the App
By 6:10 pm The Weekend/Blumhouse was at 60 mins, Monsters and clown at 30

Now just 15 mins later Weekend is at 3 hours, Blum at 90 mins and Clowns at 60 mins

Reactions: Stonecoldfreak1
I seriously considered going a second night in a row, but the rain made me want to chill and wait until my next time which is this Thursday. Seems I made the right call. Lol

Well at least you did. Looked like everyone else braved it, to our surprise.

Onenthing I want to mention about the After Hours Bar is they need to relay the 21+ rule better with a sign at the bottom. Also, the fact they don’t have non-alcoholic beverages (at the very least, just water) was very strange.

FYI - they do sell HHN Express in park day of, so you’re not out of luck.

Reactions: JS610
Looked at the wait times tonight. WOW it’s packed!

As of 9PM Tram is a whopping 85 min! Everything else is at least 50 min except for Hotel which is 35 min. Weeknd is 100 min while La Llorona is 90 min!

Reactions: Jerroddragon
While it was packed today a lot of the times on the app were also inaccurate, the tram at 9 though listed at 85 was about 45, a few of the times were accurate like Killer Clowns and Hotel (may have been the only one longer than the posted time), but there were a few times that the listed wait was almost twice the actual (not sure if that is a trend or just how things were today).

While it was packed today a lot of the times on the app were also inaccurate, the tram at 9 though listed at 85 was about 45, a few of the times were accurate like Killer Clowns and Hotel (may have been the only one longer than the posted time), but there were a few times that the listed wait was almost twice the actual (not sure if that is a trend or just how things were today).

Yeah i don’t think they’re incredibly accurate yet, they’ve been everywhere since opening night

Reactions: Rideguy70
Man it was PACKED tonight. Was only able to do three mazes and the Tram. la llorona, The weeknd, and clowns was 2 plus hours almost all night..

plus heavy lines for any food or drink, really bummed out a majority of my group.

the death eaters were cool tho and hogsmeades was nearly empty which was a nice breather..

Last edited:
Reactions: Jerroddragon
Man it was PACKED tonight. Was only to do three mazes and the Tram. la llorona, The weeknd, and clowns was 2 plus hours almost all night..

plus heavy lines for any food or drink, really bummed out a majority of my group.

the death eaters were cool tho and hogsmeades was nearly empty which was a nice breather..
My friends have played this game before and it’s why none of them would join me. They know if they go with me when I have a general ticket we will do 3, maybe 4 mazes and they just can’t bring themselves to pay 200 bucks for the front of the line passes

glad the death eaters were fun and yeah I’m praying for the day universal let’s you order food from the app.
No idea why they are letting six flags beat them at the food ordering game but that would be a good step to let you order on the app and be able to sit down while you wait for food

Line management seems horrible this year, tonight was the 2nd night where i noticed they would either let the whole express line in until it was empty or every 20-25 express people for every 5 GA people. Not sure if they’re overselling express, but I’ve never seen it that bad.

Reactions: StopMakingSense
Would you guys say its feasible to see everything in one night now or do you think we've come to the point where FoL is a must?
Was thinking of forking out the moolah for FoL Unlimited next time. But dunno if its worth it.
We had Express Unlimited and still felt the pain from the closures and line mismanagement all night. I'll admit we got through every maze twice (with the exception of KKFOS and the Tram), but to do it we were going from queue to queue nonstop from 6 pm until 1 am. In the past when we've had express, we could have zoomed through every maze twice in about 4 hours. We regretted spending the extra money for unlimited this time around.

Line management seems horrible this year, tonight was the 2nd night where i noticed they would either let the whole express line in until it was empty or every 20-25 express people for every 5 GA people. Not sure if they’re overselling express, but I’ve never seen it that bad.
My money is on way overselling express. Friday night most express lines were minimum 15 minute waits, some closer to 30. My past experiences have been that most houses are walk-ons with express, with the rare occasion of waiting 10 minutes max.

My money is on way overselling express. Friday night most express lines were minimum 15 minute waits, some closer to 30. My past experiences have been that most houses are walk-ons with express, with the rare occasion of waiting 10 minutes max.
Weird, every mazes (besides the weekend) I saw people waited at max a minute or less for express.