Knott's Berry Farm | Page 67 | Inside Universal Forums

Knott's Berry Farm

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Sorry I've been slacking on updates....

Why you sorry? You don't owe us anything, but I do appreciate your effort. Feels like there's less than 10 of us on here with Knott's passes. Maybe even as little as 5 so great to see anyone providing updates here.

The new (outdoor) covered dining area is bigger than it looks! Could've used a ceiling fan or two though
[/QUOTE]

I visited during soft opening and don't remember it not having them, but they do have several ceiling fans now. This is going to be a great spot to hang out and people watch during Scary Farm to watch the Gore-ing 20s scare zone.

Double drinking fountain with water bottle refill

Nice addition, but it's not ice-cold water. Might as well go to the nearby Prop Shop Pizzaria's drink station or any other drink station for cold water refills where you can get ice. That is probably the best drink station in the park. Finally, Cherry Coke, Pibb Xtra and Acai Blueberry Pomegranate Vitamin Water, which I believe is the first time those have been offered at the park.

------

I've dined at the pizzeria about 16 times already. Really generous portions for the pasta. The meat sauce is so meaty that you can make 2-3 meatballs out of the ground meat from the sauce. Pizzas are better than the other pizza places in the park. I've noticed that once the pizzeria opened, Fireman's BBQ has almost no wait now, which usually had a 30-min. wait during peak times so not sure if the pizzeria is cannibalizing from Fireman's.

No pics, but from my last visit on Saturday, many Scary/Spooky Farm decorations are starting to arrive.

Regarding Soak City, it was absolutely dead this past Saturday. Maybe it was due to hurricane/tropical storm Kay or that's just how it usually is towards the end of the season, but I don't think I've ever seen it this dead. It didn't rain, but did sprinkle here and there during the afternoon. Next weekend is the last weekend for the season.

With the new chaperone policy, I feel the strong police presence at the front of the park and within the park has died down since it was implemented. Used to have about 5 different police cruisers from neighboring cities parked out front and mounted police, but they're no longer there. Still waiting to see how the chaperone policy improves Scary Farm ops. Either way, the parks have been so much more enjoyable lately. We'll see if that continues through Scary Farm.

I've dined at the pizzeria about 16 times already. Pizzas are better than the other pizza places in the park. I've noticed that once the pizzeria opened, Fireman's BBQ has almost no wait now, which usually had a 30-min. wait during peak times so not sure if the pizzeria is cannibalizing from Fireman's.
I've only gotten food from here once & it was an underwhelming experience haha. I tried to keep my expectations low because "new" & "theme park", but unfortunately, having worked in the restaurant business (fast food too), I found myself annoyed by their clearly "not ready" to operate status.

There was one person per "station", which is fine and all... but the girl "serving" the pizza was SLOW & clueless. This should've been a quick in & out process, especially since it wasn't slammed busy.

The family infront of me got the last two slices of the Boysenberry BBQ chicken pizza :puke: I just wanted my basic pepperoni (actually I think I gave in & got the meat lovers even though I regret it every time at Universal lol). Anyway, instead of getting my pizza so I could be on my way. She turns around confused. Looks around. Then decides she needs to immediately replace the Boysenberry pizza first before finally asking me what I wanted. And meanwhile nobody was getting the pasta before/after me, all I can think is... since you're just standing there, maybe you should've helped out the pizza girl so we all wouldn't be waiting.

I don't know if the service has improved, but they clearly were NOT trained & ready to open back in July.

As for Fireman's BBQ, that line is hit or miss, but Boardwalk BBQ is better anyway lol

Thanks for the updates @Wesker69 and @Stryker! I haven't been to Knott's in a while (despite it being a stone's throw from me) with life being extra busy at the moment. We tried to make it down for the last weekend of Summer Nights but missed it. Since Scary Farm is starting up soon, I will be there a lot more - looking forward to it! I too am very curious to see what it will be like this year with the chaperone policy in effect.

The new pizzeria looks nice, maybe I will get to try it out soon. I would love to see those Coke Freestyle machines at more places. So awesome to be able to mix and match (especially when they have a Pibb Zero!).

If that section the park is any indication of the way things are moving over there, I think we'll be happy with the Fiesta Village updates.

Um, did they literally make that spike on Monty vertical? Or am I Trippin’?
It's just the angle of the camera from Jaguar.

They can't exactly do much with either spike at the current moment due to Camp Snoopy Truck Ride & the Camp Snoopy Train, which both are below. Both spikes will need to be retracked..

Here's the "front" spike of Montezooma
....from the back row of Jaguar

20220919_141000.jpg

Required Jaguar Statue Shot
20220919_140857.jpg

Okay, so it's a little rough (I've been on much worse), but my love of Jaguar has grown A LOT. Of course I'm also a sucker for ancient ruin themed rides.

The problem with Knotts is... they want to give Fiesta Village this big revamp, but of course it's going to require them to close off the land entirely. That's going to be difficult with Haunt, then Holidays, and of course Peanuts Celebration, Spring Break, Boysenberry Festival, BOOM its summer again.

They need to bite the bullet & just start getting it done. Of course, this is also why the park needs more flat rides in other areas so Fiesta can take a Siesta to reopen in May 2023.

As for Jaguar... it needs a deep cleaning, fresh paint (don't change that color scheme), nighttime upgrades, queue renovation, fog effects. Refurbished trains.

I know it wont...but I would loveeee Jaguar to get some love as they redo this land....I know it might but would love some effects especially at night added to the ride

I'm sure Jaguar will get some love, even if it's a simple paintjob and some fog effects as shown in the concept art/video. They can't revamp Fiesta Village and leave Jaguar untouched. Lighting package would be nice or at least bring back the fire effects.

The problem with Knotts is... they want to give Fiesta Village this big revamp, but of course it's going to require them to close off the land entirely. That's going to be difficult with Haunt, then Holidays, and of course Peanuts Celebration, Spring Break, Boysenberry Festival, BOOM its summer again.

I don't see them closing the land off entirely. Right now, it's just the arcade, gift shop, stage, drink station and Papa Loca. Next to close I believe is Fiesta Dogs and a temporary booth/cart will serve as its temporary replacement. I would think the upgrades will be done in phases. I could see parts of the currently closed up Fiesta Village open up before they start working on the other parts of the area.

Also, am I the only one bothered by those that mispronounce Jaguar as "Jag-wire"? I see "Grimoire" as being another word being butchered.

Reactions: deadbydawn
I don't see them closing the land off entirely. Right now, it's just the arcade, gift shop, stage, drink station and Papa Loca. Next to close I believe is Fiesta Dogs and a temporary booth/cart will serve as its temporary replacement.
All those are part of the same building haha... its not like they're completely separate.. considering the lack of movement, don't expect this to be done "first".

They won't set up a temporary booth for Fiesta Dog, they'll just make popular items available elsewhere (similar to Papa Loca).

Both Revolucion & Sol Spin are going to have to go down because they're getting a complete revamped paint job to be more cohesive with the renovation.

Also those midway games are on the chopping block & the Jaguar ruins fountain area redone too.

Nice dump! Excited for the upgrade, this area really needs it. It shows it in the renderings but, hopefully they don't forget about the trees and shade like SFMM does with all their new lands.

From Saturday.

Circular staircase getting built for the Fiesta Plaza stage.
FV1.jpg
Some plumbing work for the new Cantina Del Sur.
FV2.jpg
Nothing but dirt now between WaveSwinger and La Revolucion.
FV3.jpgFV4.jpg
Huge mound of dirt removed that created a massive hole in the ground. I believe a small fountain will go in this spot.
FV5.jpg
Monty's entrance.
FV6.jpg