Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 31: Ghoulish! A Halloween Tale

The first 7 minutes are ok. The last 3 minutes of the show make up for it. Not as great as the original MoM, but way ahead of last year.
It does run too long but everything works well connected to each other.
It is all cohesive. One long show fully connected to each other

I watched it Sunday & I enjoyed it and that was from *not* the best vantage point. The last 3 minutes is definitely the best part, but I really enjoyed the beginning of the show too. I think it's a very well rounded, fun, hokey, & spooky enough show.

I think I'm the complete opposite of everyone else, I vastly preferred the middle of the show over the beginning and end 2 minutes

This show was perfect. Well. Perfect until “we need to toss the Wknd in there too” happened. Completely out of place. Especially when I thought there was gonna be a whole pumpkin lord section to close it out with vines projected on all the buildings (which is already part of the theme of the event) and some more neat pumpki. Lord animations and some dialogue like he has at the beginning of the park. But nah. He disappears and that s***y music starts and kinda pulls the rug out for me. Whole star deduction for that. 3 stars. Otherwise flawless.

This show was perfect. Well. Perfect until “we need to toss the Wknd in there too” happened. Completely out of place. Especially when I thought there was gonna be a whole pumpkin lord section to close it out with vines projected on all the buildings (which is already part of the theme of the event) and some more neat pumpki. Lord animations and some dialogue like he has at the beginning of the park. But nah. He disappears and that s***y music starts and kinda pulls the rug out for me. Whole star deduction for that. 3 stars. Otherwise flawless.

Some people find the Weeknd end the best part of the entire show
Not me. I love the other stuff. But a lot of people prefer that ending stuff. I can see why they added it. They kinda had to

If I was still in Orlando, I'd probably watch this at least twice each night. The Weeknd definitely feels forced, but eh... whatever. Be thankful it wasn't under my control, you'd have gotten kpop and/or Universal Monsters :tease:

But seriously, how much did Universal pay Disney for this show? This was so well done & fits that "traditional/classic" Halloween vibe.

One minor complaint is that certain segments of the show are too loud and make the speakers sound like they're going to explode. Same issue as last year, but improved in some scenes.

If I was still in Orlando, I'd probably watch this at least twice each night. The Weeknd definitely feels forced, but eh... whatever. Be thankful it wasn't under my control, you'd have gotten kpop and/or Universal Monsters :tease:

But seriously, how much did Universal pay Disney for this show? This was so well done & fits that "traditional/classic" Halloween vibe.

The first show in 2019 was actually much more amazing. It felt 3D without the glasses. I love this one. But the one in 2019 was very iconic.

Some parts used every building for projection and every part of the lagoon had a different video playing
2019 show was wall to wall/ water fountain to water fountain full of effects and clips and scenes of the movies and shows.
In person it was insane

Great show, doesn’t try to rehash the Marathon concept and goes in an all new direction.

Yes I'm glad that it is a new direction. But some of the clips kinda feel like stock footage lol

I wish it had more recorded dancing like the skeletons dancing, or more clips of the hhn actors like pumpkin lord on some areas.

Last edited:
Found the show to be so so delightful! It was a nice break from the scares and felt very Halloween-ish. I thought the music was fun, and I didn’t mind the addition of the Weeknd.

I thought this show was absolutely wonderful! The artwork this year screams Halloween to me, so to see it in animated form was delightful. The "living portion" of the show is by far my favorite, especially the Disturbia cover (soooo much better than the original). Anyway, two thumbs WAY up!

-Andy

Screamscape is reporting that Ian has caused too much damage to the show to allow it to continue for the rest of the event’s run. Any confirmation on this?

Still not running as of tonight. Didn't see any signage, either, which doesn't fill me with confidence.

Screamscape is reporting that Ian has caused too much damage to the show to allow it to continue for the rest of the event’s run. Any confirmation on this?

i wonder what kind of damage exactly
i wonder if they could bring it back with some stuff removed. maybe just do part of the show that works

The Twitter account is still sticking with this answer. What are the odds they actually reopen it on one of these final nights? Seems unlikely but I’m holding hope. Haven’t seen it yet.