Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 286 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So yesterday was a good day. Just kept spamming MK SR line...11 times. Great ride.

For reference, in case it's useful to anyone, here's the posted wait vs single rider breakdown:

10:00, posted 120, SR 20
10:30, posted 150, SR 35
11:20, posted 150, SR 40
12:15, posted 130, SR 35
Ride went down approx 1:20-2:45
3:00, posted 60, SR 5
3:40, posted 90, SR 15
4:10, posted 100, SR 10
4:35, posted 100, SR 5
5:00, posted 85, SR 0
5:15, posted 85, SR 10
5:50, posted 60, SR 40

We were impacted by the long mid-day breakdown, but on weekdays, other than early access & park opening, 3:00-5:30 seems to be the sweet spot for SR short waits including walk ons. After 5:30, the SR line grows too long due to APs after work & school. A posted 60 min wait but still 40 min SR wait is terrible.

Squeezed a few mini games and 2 Bowser Jr's in there. Only 5-10 min waits after 5:00.

Made a big mistake of making a Toadstool reservation for 1:00 pm. Line took 50 min, and even after ordering, took 40 min to get our food. Highly recommend going either before 11:00 or after 4:00. Line was probably half that or less at those times. Food was great for theme park food though. Short ribs 9, pesto chicken 8, spaghetti 8, garlic knots 2-8, super star lemon 9, tiramisu 8, cupcake 7 (8-9 if you love frosting). Garlic knots initially came out cold and hard, probably bc they were sitting there waiting for the entrees to be done. I don't like to ask, but these were gross. TM happily replaced them, and they went from a 2 to an 8. Btw, if you're already seated and forgot to order something or want to add more, you don't have to wait in the whole line, they'll direct you straight to the counter short line to order. Even if it's just another super star lemon to go on your way out. :)

Not to be that guy, but does SNW truly count if his voice is nowhere to be heard in the land? Sure he's playing the movie incarnation of the character, but it's nothing but Charles Martinet's voice whenever you hear the Mario Bros. in the land.

For the record, I'm okay with his voice overall in the movie (latest trailer and a few clips from before I already thought were fine helped), so I ain't saying this out of the Twitter Pratt Hate™
Is it just me or has the app been buggy lately? When I booted it up today just to check my scores and stuff, my band was no longer there on the app, and when I tried to scan it, I either got a "Server Error, Please Try Again later" Popup or the same setup popup except now it claims the name on my power up band is taken and I can't even get past it, as it keeps saying the name is taken and stuff.
Also as an update to this, I think I might nuke my USH app and reinstall it, as I've now noticed my band is still there but it's inaccessible, and I can't even remove it. Probably explains why I'm stuck and can't re-scan it.
Screenshot_20230310_143904_Universal CA.jpg
EDIT: All it took was a reinstall of the app, thankfully. Didn't even have to re-scan my band.

Last edited:
Pratt is winning at who has the most theme park attractions.

GotG:MB
GotG:CW
JWRA
JW: Velocicoaster
Emmett's Flying Adventure Ride
And SNW
Ehhhh.... SNW doesn't count. He's in a movie based on a popular video game franchise which has a land in Universal's parks. Pratt serves no role in the theme park lands and the lands wouldn't have been anymore popular had he been a part of the attractions. People are there for Mario. Synergistically it works out great that there's lands recently opened, but again, Pratt had no role in them.

I also don't think Pratt voiced Emmett in Flying Adventure Ride, but Pratt popularized that character so i'll give him credit.

Now that they're using online reservations for Toadstool again, that's actually the easier way to get access to the land. Around 7:20am yesterday from home, I was able to get reservations for pretty much anytime and chose the 11:30am slot. When I got on property at 9:50am, the earliest VL access to the land was 5:05pm. They let me in at 11:25am so 5 mins early. Land was still pretty crowded (park was sold out) but at least I didn't have to wait until 5:05 to get into the land.

Lined up outside the cafe at 11:35am. Didn't order until 12:10. Got seated about 10 mins later. Food didn't arrive for another 20 mins.

Tried the Super Mushroom Soup and took on the Bowser's Fireball Challenge. The server asked if we wanted to take a picture of the soup before he took the cap away. I guess people have been stealing them. Haha.

Damn, the mushroom soup is soooo good. Really intense and concentrated mushroom flavor with less than pureed mushroom bits for extra texture. Plenty of umami. If this was served at Souplantation (RIP), I'd probably go for 5-6 bowls of it. It's that good.

I love spicy food and have a pretty high heat tolerance. For reference, the Fire Flower Spaghetti has no heat whatsoever for me so I'm not sure how some of you think it's spicy. The flavor of the giant meatball and mushroom marinara sauce is the same as the Fire Flower Spaghetti. The hot sauce on the side wasn't really spicy at all to me. I tasted it first and asked for a second cup of hot sauce just to see if more of it would give it more heat. Sadly, it didn't. I ended up drinking all the hot sauce and it didn't even make me pant or reach for water. Also, the flavor is not good at all. Too much vinegar. A nice salsa roja would have made this much better, but I get they're going for Italian and not Mexican. For the price they're charging, they should have thrown in a bed of spaghetti.

Now that they're using online reservations for Toadstool again, that's actually the easier way to get access to the land. Around 7:20am yesterday from home, I was able to get reservations for pretty much anytime and chose the 11:30am slot. When I got on property at 9:50am, the earliest VL access to the land was 5:05pm. They let me in at 11:25am so 5 mins early. Land was still pretty crowded (park was sold out) but at least I didn't have to wait until 5:05 to get into the land.

Lined up outside the cafe at 11:35am. Didn't order until 12:10. Got seated about 10 mins later. Food didn't arrive for another 20 mins.

Tried the Super Mushroom Soup and took on the Bowser's Fireball Challenge. The server asked if we wanted to take a picture of the soup before he took the cap away. I guess people have been stealing them. Haha.

Damn, the mushroom soup is soooo good. Really intense and concentrated mushroom flavor with less than pureed mushroom bits for extra texture. Plenty of umami. If this was served at Souplantation (RIP), I'd probably go for 5-6 bowls of it. It's that good.

I love spicy food and have a pretty high heat tolerance. For reference, the Fire Flower Spaghetti has no heat whatsoever for me so I'm not sure how some of you think it's spicy. The flavor of the giant meatball and mushroom marinara sauce is the same as the Fire Flower Spaghetti. The hot sauce on the side wasn't really spicy at all to me. I tasted it first and asked for a second cup of hot sauce just to see if more of it would give it more heat. Sadly, it didn't. I ended up drinking all the hot sauce and it didn't even make me pant or reach for water. Also, the flavor is not good at all. Too much vinegar. A nice salsa roja would have made this much better, but I get they're going for Italian and not Mexican. For the price they're charging, they should have thrown in a bed of spaghetti.

Wait the Bowser meatball is out? How much is it?

I hope things can get better but why can say the Harry Potter Restaurant seem to on more guests then this one? I just dont really want to eat at any place where it takes 30+ mins just to wait to be seat and not have food until another 30 mins. Good for you who love it but I'm just not a fan of the slow system they have to ever want to eat there again

I mean, the land just opened. People are in the midst of spring breaking, on top of tourist season kicking into gear. Of course the brand new, novel Toadstool restaurant is gonna be slammed and overwhelmed compared to the "old" Three Broomsticks. Saying you'll never get to eat there again seems pretty hasty when, with time, things will certainly mellow out once the novelty of the land wears off and everyone dying to experience it has gotten it out of their systems. I'd even say by this time next year, things will have stabilized back to normal and most people will be able to just walk right in no problem, at least on any of the multitude of non-peak days.

I mean, the land just opened. People are in the midst of spring breaking, on top of tourist season kicking into gear. Of course the brand new, novel Toadstool restaurant is gonna be slammed and overwhelmed compared to the "old" Three Broomsticks. Saying you'll never get to eat there again seems pretty hasty when, with time, things will certainly mellow out once the novelty of the land wears off and everyone dying to experience it has gotten it out of their systems. I'd even say by this time next year, things will have stabilized back to normal and most people will be able to just walk right in no problem, at least on any of the multitude of non-peak days.
Its kinda apple to oranges but I also just don't remember the Potter restaurant being a mess to ever get into over her in Hollywood

I'm mainly asking whats going on? Why can't you just get a time wait 5 mins, order and be at a table within 20 mins or less? It seems like a lot of issues for a restaurant that doesn't allow you to do anything to the food meaning it seems like its prepacked in a way, so just not sure why this place takes you around an hour just to get food.

Wait the Bowser meatball is out? How much is it?

Came out Friday, I think. Saw in on the menu in the app then. It's $24.99.

I hope things can get better but why can say the Harry Potter Restaurant seem to on more guests then this one? I just dont really want to eat at any place where it takes 30+ mins just to wait to be seat and not have food until another 30 mins. Good for you who love it but I'm just not a fan of the slow system they have to ever want to eat there again

To be fair, the park was sold out yesterday so I expected long lines, even with a rezzy. This was actually the longest I've waited to order and be served. Other times were quite reasonable. Perhaps try eating during off-peak hours like 3-4pm.

I think they need to streamline their kitchen better during peak dining hours to have the food come out faster. If you're waiting 20-30 mins to get your food after being seated, you're taking up valuable table space with nothing to do. This just adds to low turnover for the tables.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
Came out Friday, I think. Saw in on the menu in the app then. It's $24.99.

To be fair, the park was sold out yesterday so I expected long lines, even with a rezzy. This was actually the longest I've waited to order and be served. Other times were quite reasonable. Perhaps try eating during off-peak hours like 3-4pm.

I think they need to streamline their kitchen better during peak dining hours to have the food come out faster. If you're waiting 20-30 mins to get your food after being seated, you're taking up valuable table space with nothing to do. This just adds to low turnover for the tables.
I've just seen lots of people say they are waiting a long time for food.

When I've done it, its a little above what I'd like but also have never waited since the land officially opens and crowds now are much worst. With No changes to items being allowed, I'd just hope they can up the system to be faster and get people in and out within 40 mins vs the 60 mins that happens on peak days because spring break, summer and Christmas will all have this land at peak.

Its kinda apple to oranges but I also just don't remember the Potter restaurant being a mess to ever get into over her in Hollywood

I'm mainly asking whats going on? Why can't you just get a time wait 5 mins, order and be at a table within 20 mins or less? It seems like a lot of issues for a restaurant that doesn't allow you to do anything to the food meaning it seems like its prepacked in a way, so just not sure why this place takes you around an hour just to get food.
Three Broomsticks is MID. Toadstool is where the good food is at. Plus it’s at SNW so of course it’s gonna get slammed especially during Spring break. That’s it. Simple as that. They can only serve so many and so much at once.

Reactions: ParkExplorer9513
Three Broomsticks is MID. Toadstool is where the good food is at. Plus it’s at SNW so of course it’s gonna get slammed especially during Spring break. That’s it. Simple as that.
So from now until after summer, its just going to be long wait? They can't go any faster?

My point is the land is going to be peaked and the system seems slower then it should be, because you should not be waiting 20 mins in line to order when you have a time back is my point.

Not trying to argue but ask if it can be improved, then great and if not cool I'm staying away from it for a long time. The food was good but nothing to me I must have.

yes, the really popular restaurant at the really popular land will probably be a zoo for awhile. that doesn't mean operations can't improve; but food and bev operations continue to be negatively impacted by the pandemic, so this isn't much of a surprise. I'm unlikely to check out SNW until next year, and I live just an hour away, primarily because it's going to be very crowded. I'm happy to wait for things to chill out.

Food operations do really need to improve in Toadstool, ate there twice, once at 9:15 am waited 30 minutes to order and then 40 minutes for our food to come out, but we got a lot and it was slammed so it was expected. Went back at the end of the night because they had been out of desserts earlier so we only ordered the cupcake, tiramisu, and mushroom soup at 9 pm and walked out after 10 pm because it took 50 minutes for our food to come out. All of that should have been pre-made and grabbed off a shelf or scooped into a bowl. Love the land, TM's all are very friendly, but something is seriously wrong with ops and management there and it needs to improve.