Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 284 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Damn, the weather really deterred a lot of people today. CityWalk (and I'd imagine by the park by extension) was DEAD. MK was only an 80 minute wait and I think the virtual queue wasn't even being used at all.
Is it actually 80? When I went a few days ago it was posted at 100min but the line only went slightly past the bomb factory. Super inflated times

I am so glad I decided on next week for my trip and not this week. lol

By the way how does the reservations at Toadstool's Cafe work exactly? I've heard conflicting info about whether you need to walk in and make a reservation right when the land opens or not. I'm going in the middle of the week so I'm not sure if this is only something they do on days that would be busier.

I am so glad I decided on next week for my trip and not this week. lol

By the way how does the reservations at Toadstool's Cafe work exactly? I've heard conflicting info about whether you need to walk in and make a reservation right when the land opens or not. I'm going in the middle of the week so I'm not sure if this is only something they do on days that would be busier.

It's been empty relatively this week actually! Mario Kart wait times are always inflated for breakdowns. For toad's, it's basically open as a free for all until they get super backed up and then they start giving return times.

Reactions: Gartooth
I was at the park between 3:30 and 6 pm yesterday, and it was slow enough that Universal didn't bother posting a Team Member at the exit tunnel to keep people from entering that way.

During that time, I got multiple rides using Single Rider on Mario Kart, I played one key challenge game and the BowserJr. game, hit all the blocks around the land, and then took one ride on Jurassic World. (The only thing was that the reservations for Toadstool Cafe were already gone by the time I got thtere.) It was perfect for getting a lot of stuff done.

Also, the outdoor beverage cart was no longer out. It was replaced by a park bench that didn't look especially Nintendo themed. Looked more like a Flintstones bench, to be honest.

I also stopped by yesterday. They are trying to enforce not exiting via Peach's castle, even when the area is not crowded. I was able to easily see Princess Peach without queuing up beforehand - the band scans are not working yet, but her speech and facial movements were much more intelligible and pronounced.

Safe to say when Mario Kart is claiming a 30 minute wait, it means it's a walk-on. They closed the single rider line in the last hour and turned off the preshows, keeping the doors open. Ops in there needs help, quick - lots of brutally slow dispatches.

Games were always busy, even in the last hour. Something to keep an eye on - seems many families were leaving Bowser Jr. for last, leading to a queue spilling out of his castle around 20 minutes to close.

I also stopped by yesterday. They are trying to enforce not exiting via Peach's castle, even when the area is not crowded. I was able to easily see Princess Peach without queuing up beforehand - the band scans are not working yet, but her speech and facial movements were much more intelligible and pronounced.

Safe to say when Mario Kart is claiming a 30 minute wait, it means it's a walk-on. They closed the single rider line in the last hour and turned off the preshows, keeping the doors open. Ops in there needs help, quick - lots of brutally slow dispatches.

Games were always busy, even in the last hour. Something to keep an eye on - seems many families were leaving Bowser Jr. for last, leading to a queue spilling out of his castle around 20 minutes to close.
Whats funny is I thought I'd play the games somedays and not do rides....looks like that will almost never happen on most days unless its off season.

We need more games...like yesterday and hope we get 1 or 2 within the next 12 months

Reactions: joerodriguez
Agree on the ops at the load station. So many empty rows when I went at night a few days ago. They only had one line sorter who understandably couldn’t keep up with the dual station. That stretch from preshow to the bottom of the stairs is brutal when it’s like this, meanwhile single riders are flying by to the right of you.

Oh that's a bummer, it was working the other day for her!

Oh that's a bummer, it was working the other day for her!

I think they're still troubleshooting some stuff. Again, even without the band scan, the movements and speech are night and day versus how they were in previews. It's genuinely impressive and you can tell it's delighting guests.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
So is the issue with loading not enough cast?

Would like an ipad help so they could just send people and see how many open spots they have left?

I see. So could this possibly work on a day where they do have the characters out? Part of me wonders if it could be pushing it if you don't do single rider MK, but hopefully we can get data on that and characters soon:

Enter -> games (-> characters?) -> Mario Kart -> Toad's

Thanks for the insight nonetheless.

We just spent Friday-Monday in the park (I know it's a lot) and had early entry on Saturday & Sunday. Saturday it was raining and Sunday it was dry. Obviously no characters were out on Saturday, but on Sunday they had times listed at their respective meeting spots. Mario & Luigi were scheduled for 12:30 PM for some reason, but Peach's first appearance was at 7:30 AM.

That whole hour, everyone was just going straight to Mario Kart. We kept playing games until about 7:20 and I realized Peach's queue was empty. We kept playing games and walked over at 7:29 and were the first ones queued up. I think even if Mario & Luigi were scheduled to come out during that early hour, people would have ignored it as well. It seems like everyone's goal is to solely jump in line for the ride. Even after we took a photo with Peach, no one was really hopping in line?

We came back at 12:20 for Mario & Luigi. The line easily took about 90 minutes. Their sets were super short, maybe like 10 minutes long?

I think you could easily do everything and get in line for Toadstool just before opening. So yeah, enter - games - characters - ride - eat... Just don't worry about Bowser Jr. until after eating. Needing the 3 keys seems to keep that thing at no wait most of the day.

Damn, the weather really deterred a lot of people today. CityWalk (and I'd imagine by the park by extension) was DEAD. MK was only an 80 minute wait and I think the virtual queue wasn't even being used at all.

Friday, Saturday and Monday it was so dead. No virtual queue at all. It was super nice compared to when they turned that VQ on Sunday. My phone was dying while I was waiting in line for Mario & Luigi and I needed to go grab a Fuel Rod. Luckily the TMs at the exit allowed me to re-enter for that.

So they let me scan my band for Peach on Sunday morning. I tried to do it again later in the day for Mario and the TM said they were discontinuing that because Japan told them to? I thought that was a really weird response.

Reactions: BriefCasey
So is the issue with loading not enough cast?

Would like an ipad help so they could just send people and see how many open spots they have left?
They just need 2 TMs to line sort at all times. Lately during my night visits it’s just been one and trying to sort for the dual stations (16 rows) is overwhelming for just one. During the first weekend of soft openings they had two TMs and it wasn’t an issue at all, line moved quick! I can’t confirm if they have two TMs in the mornings and the one sorter issue is only present at night.

They just need 2 TMs to line sort at all times. Lately during my night visits it’s just been one and trying to sort for the dual stations (16 rows) is overwhelming for just one. During the first weekend of soft openings they had two TMs and it wasn’t an issue at all, line moved quick! I can’t confirm if they have two TMs in the mornings and the one sorter issue is only present at night.
Try grouping 24 rows of 8 people by yourself -- ah the memories (oh and back then we weren't even allowed a cheat sheet to keep track of how many people you had in a row. It was like playing human Tetris!)/

Try grouping 24 rows of 8 people by yourself -- ah the memories (oh and back then we weren't even allowed a cheat sheet to keep track of how many people you had in a row. It was like playing human Tetris!)/

They had the cheat sheets the other day, so...

They had the cheat sheets the other day, so...
I know. Lucky them. A lot of stuff they have now was verboten when I worked there. (Heck, the porters have shorts now. We had to wear the whole outfit - including vests - until a certain date regardless of how hot it was)