Universal Studios Japan General Discussion | Page 54 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Studios Japan General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Wow I need that Dragon at USH like yesterday, so cool.

Really hope these small kinda updates happen more often as the Parks keep gaining bigger crowds and more profits

One thing USJ does that USO does not is partner with musical artists to promote the parks and IP...from Charli XcX and Galantis with Born to Play to working with popular Japanese artist to promote the parks....and then incorporates those songs into their version of RRR...hollywood dream while we can't even get an update.

One thing USJ does that USO does not is partner with musical artists to promote the parks and IP...from Charli XcX and Galantis with Born to Play to working with popular Japanese artist to promote the parks....and then incorporates those songs into their version of RRR...hollywood dream while we can't even get an update.

I think its not a bad idea but also maybe US artist don't want to be associated with the parks? The industry might just be very different, and I have no idea if its true or not but I'm just taking a guess that most just want to do what they want vs being an Ad

How do people in japan feel about universal vs Disney in terms of seasonal events? It seems like universal has a ton of new things all the time from the videos I have viewed. Maybe this is due to having one park vs two. In particular I thought the universal night parade was better than Disney in japan or the US has done. I am not sure how their other parades compare. Universal food seemed to be more specialized to events but the Disney food seems to be a much better value possibly just due to the ownership not setting prices as high for Disney.

How do people in japan feel about universal vs Disney in terms of seasonal events? It seems like universal has a ton of new things all the time from the videos I have viewed. Maybe this is due to having one park vs two. In particular I thought the universal night parade was better than Disney in japan or the US has done. I am not sure how their other parades compare. Universal food seemed to be more specialized to events but the Disney food seems to be a much better value possibly just due to the ownership not setting prices as high for Disney.
TDR has been losing some support among its local base in Japan since the pandemic, at least the ones who I follow. Obviously Disney is still popular in Japan and the parks aren't hurting for attendance, but TDR has been very bare minimum ever since re-opening in 2020. The continued lack of APs and silence on if they're ever coming back is a big one, plus neutered entertainment and budget cuts hitting seasonal events and food particularly hard.

As a local, I feel like there's very little to keep me coming back to Disney lately. The seasonal events are small and lame (TDS's 25th anniversary in 2021 was a joke and so is this year's TDL 40th from the looks of things). Meanwhile USJ is doing Horror Nights every year (still not 100% back to normal but they're getting there, hopefully this year), just launched a new day parade and has WAY better food.

• Wow
Reactions: OrlLover and Nico
TDR has been losing some support among its local base in Japan since the pandemic, at least the ones who I follow. Obviously Disney is still popular in Japan and the parks aren't hurting for attendance, but TDR has been very bare minimum ever since re-opening in 2020. The continued lack of APs and silence on if they're ever coming back is a big one, plus neutered entertainment and budget cuts hitting seasonal events and food particularly hard.

As a local, I feel like there's very little to keep me coming back to Disney lately. The seasonal events are small and lame (TDS's 25th anniversary in 2021 was a joke and so is this year's TDL 40th from the looks of things). Meanwhile USJ is doing Horror Nights every year (still not 100% back to normal but they're getting there, hopefully this year), just launched a new day parade and has WAY better food.
Fantasy Springs looks cool though. Maybe that will draw people back

I’m shocked because TDR is always getting praised among the Disney community as being the best park. But I guess it isn’t perfect either which I say sarcastically.

I’m shocked because TDR is always getting praised among the Disney community as being the best park. But I guess it isn’t perfect either which I say sarcastically.
There are valid reasons to praise TDR (perfect maintenance, good customer service, strong attraction lineup including classic attractions with no changes) but the resort is very idolized among the theme park community. Some of that I think is gatekeeping (it's "exotic" and not easy to travel to for many people), or first impressions reacting to the positive differences with the U.S. parks. It's different when you visit somewhere once compared to living there and going back multiple times.

TDR is a strong resort on paper but imo it has always missed the "soul" of a Disney park. There's some critical component missing which it doesn't really get and so it sometimes feels like merely a foreign imitation to me. Plus it has all of the baggage that all Japanese institutions do; reluctance to change, slow to modernize, terrible digital infrastructure, stubbornness against accommodating foreigners etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: OrlLover