Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disneyland Resort

I'll go on record as a big fan of Web Slingers. it's tremendously fun, re-ridable and captures the great energy that has made the tom holland spider-man movies so enjoyable.

I'll go on record as a big fan of Web Slingers. it's tremendously fun, re-ridable and captures the great energy that has made the tom holland spider-man movies so enjoyable.
Not digging your view - but I think you've probably perfectly encapsulated why I find it so terrible, lol. Find it annoying, one-and-done, and lacking of charm when it has its entire plethora of Marvel characters to incorporate alongside Spider-Man.

Not digging your view - but I think you've probably perfectly encapsulated why I find it so terrible, lol. Find it annoying, one-and-done, and lacking of charm when it has its entire plethora of Marvel characters to incorporate alongside Spider-Man.
It also lacks immersion. The transitions take place between plain unthemed walls for crying out loud. Like I said previously they should have done the SLOP model at USH: large curved screens surrounded by practical set pieces. Choosing to use those spider bots was done on purpose just for the sake of selling toys. Classic Chapek move.

Not to get this too off topic, but it bears repeating since I've been seeing this talking point quite a bit lately. No one - and I mean no one - should want NBCUniversal to acquire Warner Bros., under any circumstances, especially for something as petty and inconsequential as wanting a competing theme park land.
Yes. That's one very sick company//studio.

This is a pretty fun speculative article:
From what I gathered from this article is that the Avengers E ticket was sent back to the drawing board yet again under Iger, and the new gift shop at the Avengers HQ is being constructed to free up space in stage 17. Which could mean Disneyland Forward might be moving forward (pun intended) and they are plans to revamp Hollywood land whether It becomes Avatar or not. Or a pop-up Avatar experience will be constructed in stage 17 while a actual land is constructed. I personally think Avatar will go/be a better fit in Disneyland proper. Either way it sucks that yet another Avengers attraction could have been cancelled. I was actually really digging the concept of this Multiverse attraction. If the Multiverse attraction has indeed been axed like this article suggested it has been, I hope they announce a new concept for an Avengers E ticket at D23 2024. Though I am being to think it will be a long, long, time before we will get any Avengers E ticket.

A nearly complete upheaval of Marvel Executives in the film and product divisions will probably further stall Disney mgt/Imagineers development of an appropriate Avengers and/or other Marvel oriented attraction.

Lets wait and see, we are all talking about lots of rumors with zero facts.

I doubt Disney would push this back too far

My guess is Avengers and Pandora will both be in the park by 2028 for the Olympics.

I do want to remind everyone that at least for Disneyland Toontown didn't take long, Big Hero Six is happening within 6 months and Splash will be worked on here later then WDW but still be done in 2024. Along with Indy getting a two new effects along with maintenance in just 3 months.

The only project in recent memory that really took longer then it should have is the Adaventureland tree

From what I gathered from this article is that the Avengers E ticket was sent back to the drawing board yet again under Iger, and the new gift shop at the Avengers HQ is being constructed to free up space in stage 17.
Speculative article, emphasis on speculative.

Speculative article, emphasis on speculative.
I hope it's speculative. The Multiverse concept for the E ticket sounds dope. Plus Dave from FreshBaked claims he has heard from cast members that there has been some movement backstage where the Multiverse attraction would go. I think if this iteration of the Avengers E ticket was truly dead rumors would have gotten out.

I hope it's speculative. The Multiverse concept for the E ticket sounds dope. Plus Dave from FreshBaked claims he has heard from cast members that there has been some movement backstage where the Multiverse attraction would go. I think if this iteration of the Avengers E ticket was truly dead rumors would have gotten out.
Of course there’s movement, they’re in the middle of turning the Avengers HQ building into a merchandise location.

At this point I think the best case scenario is a Marvel E-ticket opening at 2028 at the earliest for the Olympics.

Disney Logic = Why push to open the Avengers E-ticket for 2026 and force ourselves to have something open for the Olympics two years later when we can simply have the Avengers be the Olympics addition?

totally missed that, thought they were just building a small stand where the work walls were. this ride is never getting built
I am not sure about how construction works, but would it be possible to still have this gift shop open and build the E ticket at the same time or would they have to close the gift shop if and when they finally break ground on the E ticket? I am sure the space inside the Avengers HQ is already laid out for the gift shop with a point where the Multiverse attraction or hypothetical attraction would exit out. But I still find it pathetic Disney can even break ground on an E ticket based around their highest grossing franchise. If this was Universal they would have started construction as soon as they announced.

I am sure the space inside the Avengers HQ is already laid out for the gift shop with a point where the Multiverse attraction or hypothetical attraction would exit out.
this seems to be the case.

fwiw, I’m not sure disney “can’t” build this attraction so much as it’s choosing not to. I don’t particularly have any feeling about this, but if anything I’d attribute it more to cold cynicism than incompetence.

this seems to be the case.

fwiw, I’m not sure disney “can’t” build this attraction so much as it’s choosing not to. I don’t particularly have any feeling about this, but if anything I’d attribute it more to cold cynicism than incompetence.
The cynicism stems from the fact Disney knows they can get away with not offering much in the way of new attractions, yet tons of people will still give them their hard earned money in large part due to the Disney brand. If enough die hard Disney fans would wise up to the fact that Disney is taking advantage of them by realizing they can not invest in the park right now knowing they will come anyways and stop going or planning vacations to Disneyland or World, Disney would get the memo and start actually investing in new park experiences to actually convince people to come.