Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Mandalorian

Then the show isn't for you....its fantasy based and anytime they do something like this its to make X character look cool.

Its a made up creature so maybe this one brings food back to the nest and then chews it up for the babies....because its made up like the force, bacta spray, armor that can't be destroyed and gravity in space
You're literally just giving it a pass because you like it. In any good fantasy, there's good story. There was very little good about the side quest with the bird and a lot of bad writing.

You're basically saying that because Star Wars is fantasy, it's automatically good and there can never be anything wrong. So by that logic, I guess the creation of Jar-Jar Binks was great? And The Rise of Skywalker was one of the best movies ever, right?

You're literally just giving it a pass because you like it. In any good fantasy, there's good story. There was very little good about the side quest with the bird and a lot of bad writing.

You're basically saying that because Star Wars is fantasy, it's automatically good and there can never be anything wrong. So by that logic, I guess the creation of Jar-Jar Binks was great? And The Rise of Skywalker was one of the best movies ever, right?
You can dislike it

I'm just pointing out that the bird thing isn't near as bad as other things that have happen....because we want Maul back he is no longer cut in half...It makes no sense but Maul is now my favorite villain so who cares if it makes sense

This episode was was to show Bo and Mando part of a group and to expand on more lore stuff and show off side characters growing. If you didn't care for it cool, I'm just saying why I enjoyed it and that SW has so many logic leaps at this point most don't bug me as long as they do it for a reason....unlike say Leia flying from space into the ship and that affecting the plot in zero ways, that bugs me

Then the show isn't for you....its fantasy based and anytime they do something like this its to make X character look cool.

Its a made up creature so maybe this one brings food back to the nest and then chews it up for the babies....because its made up like the force, bacta spray, armor that can't be destroyed and gravity in space

What's going outside of canon is that a huge f'ing bird wouldn't rip a child apart for food to share with it's babies just for the plot convenience of The Mandalorians being able to get there and save him just in time.

A giant starship -- in canon constructed piece by piece in the void of space -- staffed mostly by soldiers with laser guns trained to shoot any intruder shouldn't have a giant sewer-monster living in its internal plumbing, just chillin'. And how could a 10-story-tall dinosaur living in a random asteroid in the dead of space get enough caloric intake on a daily basis to survive (ignoring the lack of atmosphere)? But ... that's Star Wars.

The larger point here, and I saw Grace Randolph do 10 minutes making similar arguments: you don't notice the plot holes unless you're bored. As long as you're along for the ride you just go with it. If you're nitpicking, the show has lost you.

The larger point here, and I saw Grace Randolph do 10 minutes making similar arguments: you don't notice the plot holes unless you're bored. As long as you're along for the ride you just go with it. If you're nitpicking, the show has lost you.
But see, here's the thing. I was all freaking in on the first two seasons to the point i'd stay up until 3am on the east coast to watch the show. Every Episode. And I loved it. I'm not sure what it is as it's hard to pinpoint. But I felt, as I said in another point, that the first two seasons were able to feel rather mature for the show that it is. It didn't treat the audience as if everyone was just there to see Grogu, certainly not in the first season. This season has some similarities to the first two seasons but something feels off and idk. Maybe it's just time I tap out after this season. :shrug:

So Disney is going to have to really cut back on Disney plus because if Mando can't even draw viewers then you really have to rethink this whole App
They already are majorly cutting back and rethinking everything. There’s virtually no such thing as a D+ original anymore since it will inevitably end up airing on Hulu or Broadcast eventually. Or in the case or pretty much all originals except Star Wars and Marvel, most upcoming D+ content is scheduled to simultaneously stream on D+ and air on broadcast networks like Disney Channel, NatGeo, and ABC. Hell, even Andor and The Mandalorian have made their way to ABC, Freeform, and FX so actually Star Wars isn't safe for this.

Also, Disney and Hulu have been sharing a lot of originals lately with Andor going over, many of the music specials Disney has going to Hulu, and more.

On the flip side Love, Victor and The Orville came to D+ last year and the upcoming Eva Longoria-directed Searchlight movie “Flamin’ Hot” (which was supposed to be Hulu exclusive) will co-stream on Hulu and Disney+ this summer.

Theyvare trying their hardest to make sure that this content that they are spending millions on actually gets seen but also by co-streaming and sharing between D+ and broadcast, it means that they are saving money so that each network doesn’t have to produce as much content. D+ and Hulu provide the content and then the networks take it all and put it on a loop instead of creating new things for each channel plus streaming for an audience that’s extremely thin already with broadcast networks.

Last edited:
They already are majorly cutting back and rethinking everything. There’s virtually no such thing as a D+ original anymore since it will inevitably end up airing on Hulu or Broadcast eventually. Or in the case or pretty much all originals except Star Wars and Marvel, most upcoming D+ content is scheduled to simultaneously stream on D+ and air on broadcast networks like Disney Channel, NatGeo, and ABC.

Also, Disney and Hulu have been sharing a lot of originals lately with Andor going over, many of the music specials Disney has going to Hulu, and more.

On the flip side Love, Victor and The Orville came to D+ last year and the upcoming Eva Longoria-directed Searchlight movie “Flamin’ Hot” (which was supposed to be Hulu exclusive) will co-stream on Hulu and Disney+ this summer.

Theyvare trying their hardest to make sure that this content that they are spending millions on actually gets seen but also by co-streaming and sharing between D+ and broadcast, it means that they are saving money so that each network doesn’t have to produce as much content. D+ and Hulu provide the content and then the networks take it all and put it on a loop instead of creating new things for each channel plus streaming for an audience that’s extremely thin already with broadcast networks.
Well I hope that they are willing to do something else is by end of the year this strategy still isn't working

But the Hit show losing huge interest is not a good sign. They also are making less on each film they put out so at some point they need to look at why these products keep losing people interest.

Well I hope that they are willing to do something else is by end of the year this strategy still isn't working

But the Hit show losing huge interest is not a good sign. They also are making less on each film they put out so at some point they need to look at why these products keep losing people interest.
The Mandalorian was not marketed well. I know many who didn’t know it was on again until recently. They should’ve waited until after TLOU to start the show and the should’ve made a big deal on GMA, and pretty much everywhere Disney could. It felt like it just started out of nowhere.

Big step up this week. Still not very interested in the Mandalorians storyline - but the action was great and the cliffhanger got me excited for where this could go, even if I saw it coming.

Last edited:
Really great live action debut for Peter Ramsey, and a fantastic episode all-around. Probably the best of the season so-far, and I think BDH is next week too!

Also really starting to feel like they're finally shifting who is the main lead in The Mandalorian, and I don't mind the change one bit.

Really great live action debut for Peter Ramsey, and a fantastic episode all-around. Probably the best of the season so-far, and I think BDH is next week too!

Also really starting to feel like they're finally shifting who is the main lead in The Mandalorian, and I don't mind the change one bit.
I think a lot of that probably at least partially comes down to Pedro's lack of availability when filming the season, plus I imagine as the seasons go on, Pedro Pascal is only getting more expensive so if they can change it so the show is more ensemble than focusing on just him and Grogu, than it helps to move focus away from him while still having Mandalorian action.

Also, Bo-Katan is honestly a much more interesting and complex character than Din Djarin.

I think a lot of that probably at least partially comes down to Pedro's lack of availability when filming the season, plus I imagine as the seasons go on, Pedro Pascal is only getting more expensive so if they can change it so the show is more ensemble than focusing on just him and Grogu, than it helps to move focus away from him while still having Mandalorian action.

Also, Bo-Katan is honestly a much more interesting and complex character than Din Djarin.
At the end of the day, I figured it'd eventually have to boil down towards being on the Mandalorian culture at large; especially to see what happens to them over the course of the timeframe, but I definitely agree that Bo's characterization is genuinely fascinating to see how they take her in this space. Makes me really wonder when Sabine and Bo meet's up together again; how they'll handle the character dynamics if Bo is going to fulfill the title and destiny of Manda'lor.

Also speaking of Rebels: Zeb! Voiced by Steven Blum nonetheless! Really glad that they're staying consistent to the animated voices for live action when it comes to most of the characters. Makes me interested how they're going to tackle Hera.

I do like this season but I feel like this story as a video game would be even better

As for them maybe switching to who they focus on, I feel like this is why the show will die

The show had an audience then killed part of it with the fake out of the ending of season 2.
People like Grogu and mandalorian and don’t care about the rest, now deep fans care about this stuff but the general public don’t care as much

If Disney is fine with losing people keep going but to me they need to keep it simple and listen to fans over just doing another MCU but Star Wars

I do like this season but I feel like this story as a video game would be even better

As for them maybe switching to who they focus on, I feel like this is why the show will die

The show had an audience then killed part of it with the fake out of the ending of season 2.
People like Grogu and mandalorian and don’t care about the rest, now deep fans care about this stuff but the general public don’t care as much

If Disney is fine with losing people keep going but to me they need to keep it simple and listen to fans over just doing another MCU but Star Wars
Spot on, though I don’t think it’ll die. The viewership will fall drastically over time and I think it’ll make them pivot and either wrap up the show earlier than they want or switch back to what made it successful. But I can’t see a cancellation.

I do think that the focus being so heavy on Bo-Katan this season is slightly weird and I’d almost have rather they built this story up in a Bo-Katan spinoff prior to Mando Season 3. We’re 5 episodes in and the story feels like it’s just getting started.

I do think that the focus being so heavy on Bo-Katan this season is slightly weird and I’d almost have rather they built this story up in a Bo-Katan spinoff prior to Mando Season 3. We’re 5 episodes in and the story feels like it’s just getting started.
Convinced more than ever Marketing forced Baby Yoda on the writers this season. With Grogu off-screen, maybe an occasional flash to him training, we could have focused completely on the Din/Bo storyline/Mandalorian culture. His role on Madalor would've been better served by the droid anyway from a story perspective, and otherwise he's just been a background character to make memes.

After 9 episodes apart, his decision to return to being a Mandalorian in the season finale would have hit a lot harder.

Convinced more than ever Marketing forced Baby Yoda on the writers this season. With Grogu off-screen, maybe an occasional flash to him training, we could have focused completely on the Din/Bo storyline/Mandalorian culture. His role on Madalor would've been better served by the droid anyway from a story perspective, and otherwise he's just been a background character to make memes.

After 9 episodes apart, his decision to return to being a Mandalorian in the season finale would have hit a lot harder.
Yeah, I think that one decision in BoBF to quickly bring them back together has hurt this show in a big way.

A video breaking down last episode

Also just to clarify, I think the show is still good. To me all these episodes are 7/10s. Which isn'tbad its just season1 but especially 2 to me blow this season away. The fight against the Kyra Dragon, the finale from last season, Bobe Fett appearing and being badass, the only episode last season I didn't love was the Ice planet episode but besides that to me it was almost perfect Star Wars.

I feel like while this story is important if its a set up for the Universe after the sequels, just sucks it took over the flagship show and to me is kinda splitting the focus on what made it the best star wars outside of Rogue one at the time.

I've struggled at times to decipher what I think is not good versus what I feel is too clone wars for my personal taste. I mostly enjoyed the most recent episode but can't say I'm all that interested in a show that primarily focuses, or even heavily focuses, on bo-katan moving forward.