Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna bring this here, as compiled by @HHN Maddux: tomorrow seems to be our date if what Legacy says is correct! Alongside a smol mistake by @GrimmFan
Well, some answers from Legacy on the Discord:

"Q": May 16th 9:00am EST mark my words
A: They can’t announce that early for a shared house

Q (regarding TLoU): It’s the IP that is basically set in stone
A: I’m of the mindset they’re all set in stone at this point, unless a production company tries to do an RKO out of nowhere.

Q: So everything is basically locked in at this point
A: I believe so.

Q: So Monsters actually might not be the one announced first?
A: If what I’m hearing is accurate…

Made the mistake of confusing the threads.

Oh sometimes he does it later in the day I still have hope. If he does say "by the prickling of my thumbs today/later" then that means the announcement is actually tomorrow. I mean if tickets drop I would be down.

Last edited:
I have not been keeping up with HHN Hollywood at all so I’d love to be filled in. Today at the park I noticed there’s no HHN construction going on in the WaterWorld queue.

Does this mean the theater will be used for a show? Where’d they relocate the house to?

I have not been keeping up with HHN Hollywood at all so I’d love to be filled in. Today at the park I noticed there’s no HHN construction going on in the WaterWorld queue.

Does this mean the theater will be used for a show? Where’d they relocate the house to?
No maze at waterworld, someone mentioned here about a show going there

HNN has previously brought up in their spec map of a show going into the venue, with a new location being placed seemingly in another soundstage (possibly SS24 due to the elephant doors being wide open now for weeks).

As for WaterWorld: I have previously reported (on both TPS's Discord and HNN's discord), that it is going to infact be used for a show prior to when HNN posted their spec map. Whether it's SlaughterWorld, WaterWorld modified, or something else entirely: that is understandably not clear.

I have heard unverified rumors from years past that the cast at the time hated doing Slaughter World. That was way back in like 2007 and 08, but I think with that entire cast now no longer working the show (Greg Dolph retired?) they can probably get the cast now to do it. I think the biggest factor against Slaughter World coming back is they they could probably only do three shows MAX as I imagine they would probably have noise restrictions and have to pay the stunt people bookoo bucks to perform after hours. I have no hard evidence or data to back this up, I’m just making an educated guess with how AGVA or whatever union they’re under works/logistics of operations.

I just don’t know what else they could have there besides Slaughter World. The Water World venue is a tricky venue to work with as you have a very small “stage” surrounded by a large body of water and everyplace else in the venue is kinda hazardous to work with for non-stunt performers. Maybe the budget for HHN is finally adequate to where we can have a quality event and have the glorious return of Slaughter World?

Last edited:
Or they could just run Waterworld like normal? Don't know if that's a likely option, but it would certainly take the least effort. I'm gonna hope for something original and innovative though

as Freak mentioned albeit: there are sound issues that become apparent quick that at certain times unless they get clearance, they can’t operate the show with the effects as is due to the noise bleed that affects the area.

Times could’ve changed that perception, particularly as Dark Arts and Nighttime Lights have come into play of having larger scale shows run during periods affecting that, but I do think that is going to be the million dollar question in how you make the effects work.

__
If it wasn’t for the lagoon at USF getting renovations, I almost wonder if they could’ve tried to put in a Ghoulish/projection based show with pulling out a fountain system like they did for that one show in the 90s.

No more Crapperwokeez lol, I don't know what they have to do with Halloween, or entertainment for that matter. Something in the Waterworld show venue sounds promising, anything other than Jabberwokeez sounds promising. Bill and Ted face the Smokers for Waterworld, maybe they could alternate between a PC and a non-PC version of the show.

I have no idea what's coming, but the visible facades are intriguing.

No more Crapperwokeez lol, I don't know what they have to do with Halloween, or entertainment for that matter. Something in the Waterworld show venue sounds promising, anything other than Jabberwokeez sounds promising. Bill and Ted face the Smokers for Waterworld, maybe they could alternate between a PC and a non-PC version of the show.

I have no idea what's coming, but the visible facades are intriguing.
The Jabbawockeez weren't everyone's cup of tea, but there is no denying that they aren't entertainment. They just weren't a great fit for a Halloween event.

I saw the Bill and Ted show the year it was pulled, and even then it felt dated. Not sure what if anything will happen at the Waterworld venue, but hopefully it'll be something fresh.

Status
Not open for further replies.