Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 170 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What "White Whales" are even left? It's very difficult to imagine one bigger then ST.

I mean... It? Maybe? But that's WB, and HHN has worked with them frequently. Who hasn't HHN worked with... Disney (that won't change)? A24 (Their films aren't likely to set the general public's hair on fire)?
Scream franchise, Conjuring universe, IT, Hellraiser, The Thing, and The Lost Boys. Those are the ones I can think of rn lol.
So no Stranger Things then?
Nope. Sorry for the misinformation.
:smirk:

Scream franchise, Conjuring universe, IT, Hellraiser, The Thing, and The Lost Boys. Those are the ones I can think of rn lol.

:smirk:
They've done Thing twice. Conjuring, IT, and Lost Boys are all WB, with whom Universal has a regular relationship. Scream... well, we know the history of Scream at the event, but I suppose it's possible - I'd question how much of a "white whale" it would be given the history of the IP at the event, Hellraiser has a complicated rights situation, but the most recent installment was Disney (and demonstrates that it's not a property that's going to be a big draw for the general public).

Everything else aside, none of those feel like "white whales" the way American Werewolf, Shining, Exorcist, and Ghostbusters were.

Silence of the Lambs was distributed by Orion Pictures, which is an imprint of MGM, which itself it now owned by Amazon. MGM's film library and rights history is so convoluted (especially pre-Turner library purchase in 1986) that it's hard for me to tell if HHN has worked with them, but HHN has not worked with Orion or Amazon from what I can tell.

The other big one that comes to mind is a Stephen King property. The problem with It from what we've talked about on here was King's reluctance to work with the event, not Warner Bros. If we're talking specifically production company and not right's holder, then this might also be out.

EDIT - MGM was involved in the production of Cabin in the Woods, but has not been used in any other capacity. A deal with MGM also opens up the possibility of Amityville Horror and Addams Family.

The only Hellraiser films worth using are owned by Disney.

Hellraisers and Hellbound: Hellraiser II were released by New World Pictures, which was purchased by News Corporation. News Corporation spun the library off with 21st Century Fox, which was acquired by Disney.

Reactions: Casper Gutman
My friend’s dog told me we’re getting a house in the IOA Lagoon.

Here’s the full quote:
“woof woof bork bork bork bark bark bark woof woof woof”

He’s been right in the past so take this with 100% legitimacy

Reactions: Bort and Ahmanet
I mean if we are doing that, PF and the Water tunnel are now available as a house location
Terror Mines 2
Futurama Buy GIF

While it's always fun to speculate, I think the lack of announcements is giving this year a chaotic 2020 feel again, where we were pulling things out of thin air and putting wishes before sensible ideas. Universal is probably eating this craziness up, as it drives more intrigue for the event. Also, I know the spec map makers post this each time they release it, but I feel like I have to emphasize it here:

The spec maps are not fact.

This event is an organic amoeba that's constantly evolving and changing as months go along. If there's a "secret IP," it's secret for a reason, so throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks, isn't helpful. I know I sound like a "get-off-my-lawn" old person, but this is guidance that I believe will make us all better.

I appreciate the excitement, but I'm advising all of this so that people don't ride this emotional roller coaster only to be disappointed in the end.

I hope this makes sense and that I don't sound like a downer.

Well, some answers from Legacy on the Discord:

"Q": May 16th 9:00am EST mark my words
A: They can’t announce that early for a shared house

Q (regarding TLoU): It’s the IP that is basically set in stone
A: I’m of the mindset they’re all set in stone at this point, unless a production company tries to do an RKO out of nowhere.

Q: So everything is basically locked in at this point
A: I believe so.

Q: So Monsters actually might not be the one announced first?
A: If what I’m hearing is accurate…

Status
Not open for further replies.