Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 172 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like we'd all be better served speculating about the potential originals that may be coming based on the info that has been floating around. Universal has solid oversight for these, as they aren't likely to be removed from the lineup due to circumstances outside of their control.

Personally, I'm intrigued by the carnival idea, as there are several links to past characters that aren't Jack. Carey, Oddfellow and Nathaniel Crowe could all be involved or it could be some brand new story.

I feel like we'd all be better served speculating about the potential originals that may be coming based on the info that has been floating around. Universal has solid oversight for these, as they aren't likely to be removed from the lineup due to circumstances outside of their control.

Personally, I'm intrigued by the carnival idea, as there are several links to past characters that aren't Jack. Carey, Oddfellow and Nathaniel Crowe could all be involved or it could be some brand new story.
I love the Nathaniel Crowe lore. It basically states the land for HHN was always cursed and strange disappearances happened during Jacks Carnival of Carnage

The IPs are what get my party excited to attend. But every year the originals we talk about repeatedly outnumber the IPs we talk about repeatedly.

HHN originals really are awesome.

I'm honestly excited for all of the originals this year if they happen to be true! Especially The Crossroads Devil and Dr. Oddfellow house. With Oddfellow, there's so much liberties and easter eggs you can have with Jack and other deep seated lore. Maybe a Legendary Truth easter egg perhaps?

Last edited:
I still think it's worth considering casting needs. Chucky, as well as a majority of the speculated IP, feature smaller characters that would be best filled by duck-height women. It seems to me that the taller, bulky guys might have a bit of luck with TLoU... but that leaves the tall women and slender men out. This is where I might land on Nightingales as an original, and might imagine that Oddfellow might end up being a spindly performer that doesn't immediately lend himself to a Vecna, Steve Harrington, Clicker, or Joel.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
HHN is an odd thing to me. We hear how houses are planned out a year or more in advance. That construction starts many months in advance. But then we also hear that things fall through last minute and IP's are fluid. If they plan this stuff that far out, how are contracts not signed and locked down? I don't see how "the rightsholders are watching and if it gets out it'll fall through" would ever happen.

Or is this just all smoke and mirrors and ip's are never in danger of falling though? And we are just fed crap to throw us off? I can definitely see fake ip's being leaked and fake stories about IP's being dropped because they were leaked. That makes sense in a lot of ways. But I can't see how a signed IP would be dropped or how they'd start building a maze for an IP that wasn't signed.

HHN is an odd thing to me. We hear how houses are planned out a year or more in advance. That construction starts many months in advance. But then we also hear that things fall through last minute and IP's are fluid. If they plan this stuff that far out, how are contracts not signed and locked down? I don't see how "the rightsholders are watching and if it gets out it'll fall through" would ever happen.

Or is this just all smoke and mirrors and ip's are never in danger of falling though? And we are just fed crap to throw us off? I can definitely see fake ip's being leaked and fake stories about IP's being dropped because they were leaked. That makes sense in a lot of ways. But I can't see how a signed IP would be dropped or how they'd start building a maze for an IP that wasn't signed.
I don't pretend to know everything, but I do know that IPs have dropped out late in the process. Just last year, Evil Dead Rise was replaced with Universal Horror Hotel in Hollywood apparently as late as July. And there's whole videos made on Scream dropping out several years ago, replaced with The Purge.

Also, I have also heard reports that Jordan Peele's US was a late IP addition, replacing Tooth Fairy at HHN 29. So I'm believing the insiders on this one

I don't pretend to know everything, but I do know that IPs have dropped out late in the process. Just last year, Evil Dead Rise was replaced with Universal Horror Hotel in Hollywood apparently as late as July. And there's whole videos made on Scream dropping out several years ago, replaced with The Purge.

Also, I have also heard reports that Jordan Peele's US was a late IP addition, replacing Tooth Fairy at HHN 29. So I'm believing the insiders on this one

I definitely could see a better IP coming in later in the process and replacing something else. That makes sense.

But an IP dropped late is a "why?" question. Just the house is going to suck and they decide to go another direction?

last year universal wanted Last of Us and early negotiations fell through because Last of Us got delayed. They then negotiated Evil Dead, built the house and then the IP pulled out because they delayed the release.

Scarecrow last year was rumored to be a full house until they managed to get another IP signed on. It then became a scarezone.

Scream was going to be at HHN 25, Universal started building the house and then they had a disagreement over props used. Scream pulled out at last second.

Last year, HHN also had a disagreement over The Weeknd licensing. To compromise, we ended up with very few pieces of Weeknd merchandise.

IPs can pull out for any number of reasons. Would they pull out over a board gossiping, no probably not. Would they pull out over a full leak of the planned house, leaked concept maps or leaked pictures? Absolutely.

Last edited:
last year universal wanted Last of Us and early negotiations fell through because Last of Us got delayed. They then negotiated Evil Dead, built the house and then the IP pulled out because they delayed the release.

Scarecrow last year was going to be a full house until they managed to get another IP signed on. It then became a scarezone.

Scream was going to be at HHN 25, Universal started building the house and then they had a disagreement over props used. Scream pulled out at last second.

Last year, HHN also had a disagreement over The Weeknd licensing. To compromise, we ended up with very few pieces of Weeknd merchandise.

IPs can pull out for any number of reasons. Would they pull out over a board gossiping, no probably not. Would they pull out over a full leak of the planned house, leaked concept maps or leaked pictures? Absolutely.

That's why it's odd. If I'm Universal, why would I start building a house if the contract isn't signed and these decisions made already? Even the merch thing. Why wasn't that decided long before? But why would Universal put themselves in a situation where the wrong person seeing the plans and posting them could cost them whatever they have invested in construction? Or a rightholder being a drama queen and and have the ability to pull out over props. I'm sure theres super IP's that they need to give more control over to to get the deal signed, but, at this point, HHN is a monster. They have options.

Idk. Not a big deal in the end. I'm just trying to understand the situation better. Maybe HHN is a different animal. Could you imagine that Epic being under construction at the state it is now and Nintendo just pulling out?

That's why it's odd. If I'm Universal, why would I start building a house if the contract isn't signed and these decisions made already? Even the merch thing. Why wasn't that decided long before? But why would Universal put themselves in a situation where the wrong person seeing the plans and posting them could cost them whatever they have invested in construction? Or a rightholder being a drama queen and and have the ability to pull out over props. I'm sure theres super IP's that they need to give more control over to to get the deal signed, but, at this point, HHN is a monster. They have options.

Idk. Not a big deal in the end. I'm just trying to understand the situation better. Maybe HHN is a different animal. Could you imagine that Epic being under construction at the state it is now and Nintendo just pulling out?
Sometimes the contracts are signed and IPs still pull out.

Universal doesn’t own these properties, they are licensing/renting them for a certain time period. If a party feels that Universal isn’t holding up their side of the contract, they can pull out of the contract.

Sometimes the contracts are signed and IPs still pull out.

Universal doesn’t own these properties, they are licensing/renting them for a certain time period. If a party feels that Universal isn’t holding up their side of the contract, they can pull out of the contract.

That's on universal legal then I guess. Why write the contract allowing them to do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.