Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 171 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The one that we all thought was “top secret” was never happening. It was a red herring being spread around.

Nope. Sorry for the misinformation.

No offense, everyone is allowed to speculate but - your account is a week old. Other people with longer histories and track records disagree with you. Don't be surprised if you don't get the response you expect.

Ima go out on a limb here and say we probably shouldn't get too hyped over something coming from an account that's less than a week old.

Well said.

Last edited:
No offense, everyone is allowed to speculate but - your account is a week old. Other people with longer histories and track records disagree with you. Don't be surprised if you don't get the response you expect.

Take what this new account says with a grain of salt. It was created May 6th. Look at posting histories and join dates. If you are looking for realistic info look at the mods, Legacy, Ringwraith, Joe etc. Again, nothing is ever certain but people with proven track records and history > accounts created on May 6th.

Well said.
If you look above that post Ringwraith also agrees it’s not happening

This is going to be a warning flare to all would-be leakers and those that have received leaked information:
As a general PSA for those that would like to see certain IP's come to the event. HHN is in actual jeopardy of losing one or more of the speculated IP's if information is leaked. If you want to see some of your favorite characters/sets/movies/shows come to life and you have certain info on some or all of them, please, for the community's sake, keep it to yourself.

It's at level: "F around and find out." And it may be the reason we can't have nice things.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Guys it doesn’t matter if an account is 1 week old or 10 years old take the information as YOU want. No reason to get all up in arms about information spread. Believe what you want, we all should know that nothing is a guarantee until universal itself makes an announcement. Until then simply take any info with a grain of salt and have fun SPECULATING.

That’s what this is about, not picking fights from others in the community based on discussions being had. This is why HNN, legacy, other big names don’t want to spread anything anymore. Everyone reads into it to much and then when it doesn’t happen, everyone is quick to point blame against them.
Let’s chill out and let the season play out, and in the mean time have fun Speculating!

Sorry for double post but didn’t want this attached to other post!

. Everyone reads into it to much and then when it doesn’t happen, everyone is quick to point blame against them.

When someone says “There was confusion about "rights" circulating the
Stranger Things discussion, which made people think the rights weren't secured. Because of that, some folks are still skittish about the threat of losing the
rights. The rights issue was specifically for a song that had to be separately negotiated. Those music rights weren't impacting the availability of Stranger
Things itself, which was (turns out) ALWAYS in the plan.”

I don’t think people are “reading into it too much” when they believe ST is secured and has always been in the plan after statements like that.

When someone says “There was confusion about "rights" circulating the
Stranger Things discussion, which made people think the rights weren't secured. Because of that, some folks are still skittish about the threat of losing the
rights. The rights issue was specifically for a song that had to be separately negotiated. Those music rights weren't impacting the availability of Stranger
Things itself, which was (turns out) ALWAYS in the plan.”

I don’t think people are “reading into it too much” when they believe ST is secured and has always been in the plan after statements like that.

Yeah, I absolutely would not write off ST4 coming this year at this point.

How can they be "out" if Universal hasn't stated they're "in?"
Completely agree. Anything is possible until the day Universal makes announcements and it's all set set in stone. EVEN THEN I'll still take it with a grain of salt until I see it opening night. Flashbacks of Scream and the scrapped HHN 25 commercial and scrapped merch come to mind *shudders*. As someone who's followed the HHN speculation community since the untimely end of The Vault and the prime years of HNNightmares, I as well as many of the Veterans here have seen houses from Scream to The Conjuring, to the countless times they tried to have AWIL before 2013 and failed, to even last year with Hellblock Horror and a certain IP that required contacts ;) that have been scrapped either with a few months or little to no time to spare. It can happen for many reasons, sometimes budget, sometimes disagreements with the rights holders, and in this context, major leaks within the community. And to those saying that quitting because of leaks does not make sense money-wise need to understand that good business is not just about profits, but also reliability and integrity. If a company sees that, after confiding TOP SECRET information with Universal, that it's "mysteriously" out on a spec map for the world to see, then that's just poor business in their eyes.

And there's nothing wrong with speculating or making "educated guesses." It's blatantly revealing info that can oust your sources and potentially threaten the status of your favorite IP that's the issue. All I'm saying is, if you know something, then don't reveal your whole hand. Keep your hand close to your chest. That's why I loved with everyone like Legacy and the revered Dr. Jimmy used to do Cryptic Games in the past. But the game and times have changed. As someone send before, codenames aren't fun anymore, it's now about protection; and with certain speculators in general, the BS has gotten a little worse, so no more fun little games unfortunately. Just have fun with speculating, however choose how you post what you know wisely.

Don't knock a week old account just for their age. Even though I'm a week old as well, I can confidently say that I know 75-80% of what's happening this year, given that no last minute changes happen (which they will. They always will.) I never cared for the IU forums for a second. I only came to IU after Nightmares' online forums became barren and sad unfortunately, and I wanted some speculative life to be breathed into me once more. I still love the community and I'm enjoying my time here :lol:

I will say one thing though directed at Ringwraith and HHNIcon, and you can PM me if you'd prefer: How sure are you that it's not Stranger Things? Just taking that potential IP coming with a grain of salt until I see more concrete info either here or elsewhere. Thank you.

Last edited:
How can they be "out" if Universal hasn't stated they're "in?"

Because it’s been shared by the board’s most credible insider that rights for both ST (which were secured a long time ago) and I believe master of puppets (secured more recently) were a go, and that the ST house was a go.

Thus, “in.”

If something fell through after the fact because of overly sensitive corporate personalities on either side, then it becomes “out.”

But it was clear from Legacy’s very direct post that rights for ST AND a difficult to acquire song related to ST were complete.

So yeah, it wasn’t announced yet, but unless they were securing rights just for fun or future considerations, it was “in” at that point.

Because it’s been shared by the board’s most credible insider that rights for both ST (which were secured a long time ago) and I believe master of puppets (secured more recently) were a go, and that the ST house was a go.

Thus, “in.”

If something fell through after the fact because of overly sensitive corporate personalities on either side, then it becomes “out.”

But it was clear from Legacy’s very direct post that rights for ST AND a difficult to acquire song related to ST were complete.

So yeah, it wasn’t announced yet, but unless they were securing rights just for fun or future considerations, it was “in” at that point.
What if your last statement is true and now they’re scrambling to replace an IP?

Things are never truly in until confirmed by universal

I always love how most people treat credible sources like Legacy and the moderators' words like gospel. They have credible sources, yes, but there's one thing you always need to consider: speculation here solely relies on spoken word, and information is always volatile. Until I physically see it announced or at the event, then it's not happening. Also the speculation this year has been weird, and if it's been all but confirmed, and then you're hearing about a new IP all of sudden, then you have 2 possibilities: 1) You just heard bad info, or sadly but unsurprisingly, 2) it just got scrapped.

What if your last statement is true and now they’re scrambling to replace an IP?

Things are never truly in until confirmed by universal
Happens every year.

This is all just a great reason to have an announcement next week!

I am going to assume the headlining spots will be IT and Conjuring because nothing's been said by Universal yet. I am so excited because TBH those are my favorite properties. Can't wait to finally meet Valak and Pennywise this year!

/s (but not really because every year I hope for this)

I always love how most people treat credible sources like Legacy and the moderators' words like gospel. They have credible sources, yes, but there's one thing you always need to consider: speculation here solely relies on spoken word, and information is always volatile. Until I physically see it announced or at the event, then it's not happening. Also the speculation this year has been weird, and if it's been all but confirmed, and then you're hearing about a new IP all of sudden, then you have 2 possibilities: 1) You just heard bad info, or sadly but unsurprisingly, 2) it just got scrapped.

Happens every year.
unfortunately it does for a variety of reasons

Reactions: ArcherofChaos21
drunk cary grant GIF by Turner Classic Movies

Status
Not open for further replies.