Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Ahsoka (Disney+)

The show ended well, it has many things still going on....so season 2 or another series will pick up the stories not done yet.

It had some cool action and Thrawn is just....so well done.

The show ended well, it has many things still going on....so season 2 or another series will pick up the stories not done yet.

It had some cool action and Thrawn is just....so well done.
My issue is this episode felt much more like a penultimate episode rather than a season finale.

That aside, it was a really good episode and they are unfortunately going to need to recast Baylan, which will be a tall task. Baylan was the best part of this series (thanks to Ray Stevenson) along with Thrawn.

Yeah, some of the shots felt weirdly static (in the temple interior especially). I’m wondering if scenic limitations prevented more dynamic shots from being filmed in that particular location, because the ‘outdoor’ sequences didn’t have any issues for me.

I didn’t mind the lack of macro resolution in the finale since we know that at the very least a movie is in the pipeline, and they still outlined what everyone’s immediate next step is. I do hope that we hit the ground running in whatever’s up next, though.

So I think the show for me is in the middle.

Andor/Mando season 1/2 are at the top of the new TV shows
Tales of the Jedi I really love and still go back to watch episodes alotttttt and Clone Wars Finale season (but ignore this if you dont count cartoon shows)
Ahsoka falls below those but are above Bad Batch, Boba Fett, Mando Season 3, and Obi Wan

I think the villains in this are very interesting but somehow I feel like the hero's are....off. I feel like this also causes big moments for them not to hit like meeting Ezra again...and ezra seeing Hera...these strand out as moments that could have been like when Luke showed up at the end of Mando or even when Boba Fett was in Mando...but feel like the moments around Ezra felt....just not as special as they should have, at least for me

But Thrawn and Bylon are just...so well done and Shin grew on me.

It's for me a hard season to judge, it feels like a part of a story. Even Mando season 2 which ended with no epilogue felt more like the ending of a story.

Is Skeleton Crew tied into this timeline?
Yes

Baylan had to be one of the Big bad's in mind for the Mando cross Sequels Film

So they are going to have to recast him or drop a HUGE plot which i doubt they want to do