Ahsoka (Disney+) | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Ahsoka (Disney+)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Mando S3 trailer looked great too so lets wait and see.
Fair but this looks for the most part like what I'd want to see with this character

Hopefully it wont feel like Mando and feel like a part of a story and not tell its own story over that. Since its season 1 I feel like it should be easier
They are looking for where Thrawn/Erza are and along the way are attacked by the bad guys.

Fair but this looks for the most part like what I'd want to see with this character

Hopefully it wont feel like Mando and feel like a part of a story and not tell its own story over that. Since its season 1 I feel like it should be easier
They are looking for where Thrawn/Erza are and along the way are attacked by the bad guys.
It does look like, as long as they actually tell a solid story and the writing isn't crap, the pieces are all there.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
I get a much more prevalent "Rebels Successor" vibe than anything live action here; in part due to Hera, Sabine, and Ahsoka (Alongside the small glimpse of Mena as Ezra); but the fact they are pushing Thrawn and the Heir to The Empire storyline as a central aspect is probably one of the bigger things at play here.

Optimism is a good word to use here, I just wish there was a tiny bit more.

I get a much more prevalent "Rebels Successor" vibe than anything live action here; in part due to Hera, Sabine, and Ahsoka (Alongside the small glimpse of Mena as Ezra); but the fact they are pushing Thrawn and the Heir to The Empire storyline as a central aspect is probably one of the bigger things at play here.

Optimism is a good word to use here, I just wish there was a tiny bit more.
This show is definitely live action Rebels. Calling it Ahsoka feels a bit weird having seen this trailer. I'm expecting this to be the only season of the show (maybe two?) considering we're building towards a movie now with all of these shows.

This show is definitely live action Rebels. Calling it Ahsoka feels a bit weird having seen this trailer. I'm expecting this to be the only season of the show (maybe two?) considering we're building towards a movie now with all of these shows.

From what has been spoken by MSW (Which I won't share here for obvious reasons of spoilers), it seems like it'll atleast be two; as they want to do multiple seasons.

The new Trailer....looks great

Interested to see how it all comes together, it has a lot to do. It's its own show but also kinda Rebels season 5 and also setting up Thrawn for 90% of people who still dont know who he is

I like that they’ve got some new villains coming into the mix for this. My concern (as someone who loved Rebels) has been that this show will be too inside baseball for a casual fan, but I feel like having the primary antagonists be two new dark Jedi will help with that.

I also feel like we’ve returned to the visual style of Mando Seasons 1 & 2 (in a good way). Very excited for this one.

Will post thoughts on EP2 later, but I genuinely quite liked Episode 1 here.

Feels more cinematic than Andor, in part due to the more solid use of practical and digital effects; the music felt John Williamsy, and Filoni's writing actually favored really well in setting up and starting the narrative beats to come.

Will post thoughts on EP2 later, but I genuinely quite liked Episode 1 here.

Feels more cinematic than Andor, in part due to the more solid use of practical and digital effects; the music felt John Williamsy, and Filoni's writing actually favored really well in setting up and starting the narrative beats to come.
More cinematic than Andor?!?

More cinematic than Andor?!?
The lens and shot composition is on par with it so far, and the effect quality actually looks really good (outside of how much light emits and projects onto actor faces with the lightsabers).

They also got Ahsoka and Heras Twi’lek tails to look rather convincingly with the actresses who are playing them. There is one specific effect that I won’t go into with spoilers; but the way it looks and walks around is rather great to see too.

Outside of that, you can very much tell it is a sequel to Rebels, and that’s not a bad thing but I’d give warning to watch a recap or the show proper.

May I ask who wrote/directed episode 1? Is this all Dave or…?
Filoni for both credits in episode one, all the episodes were solely written by him.

EDIT: Episode 2 feels more like a proper sledgehammer to finally get us moving to look beyond what we know of SW, what is present and the possibilities that can come. It gives me a high level of intrigue to know what awaits beyond this and the Filoni movie more than anything else.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nick
So just watched episode 1 and initial thoughts are “damn, this could’ve been its own trilogy”. Like, this episode was so good. Felt serious/mature, while being classic Star Wars at the same time.

Compare this to Mando S3 and it’s insane how the tone is so different with this feeling extremely promising and Mando S3 just feeling like a kids show.

The one negative I have is that i know cast have said this is essentially Rebels S5 and I can really feel that while watching the show. They’re talking about stuff like Ahsoka is multiple seasons in and I should know what they’re referencing. Smart I guess bc now it has me wanting to watch Rebels lol.

Also, a 94% on RT. Disney+ seems to finally have another hit on their hands. Hopefully it keeps up the quality the rest of the season.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Enjoyed the first two episodes quite a bit, except for...
... another character surviving being impaled by a lightsaber. Disney needs to stop that.

Special shoutout to (the late) Ray Stevenson, who I think is bringing quite a bit of depth and nuance to his villain role.

I'll try not to hate on it too much

But my issues with it are it's really slow for no reason.

Like SW in 3 minutes sets up enough where you want to know more and this.....kinda takes two episodes to set up what's happening but doesn't feel as tight as Mando first season

It's not that I didn't like a lot of parts of it, it was nice seeing characters from lothal like Clancy Brown as the Governor and the senator was one of the candidates from Rebels that Ezra met undercover in the Empire.

Ray Stevenson is doing a lot with the little he has so far

So it has good parts but it also has like loads of info they can't tell you about because its a sequel show, things like making another character a Jedi.....and 3 "sith". I'm just tried of everyone being a Jedi or Sith, where the hell were all these people during the war?

Also this is the second show to have a fake out death in the first episode....just stop it this is what makes people say all writers are lazy and and AI could do their job because...it is lazy. If you going to kill someone do it, and if not then at least wound them but no it's like the attack never happened.

Like rebels, its going to be a show with Moments I love but also parts that the writers just seem to not know how to move the story forward.

I'm just tried of everyone being a Jedi or Sith, where the hell were all these people during the war?
I'm not a big fan of this stuff either, as I think it somewhat undermines Luke's journey in the Original Trilogy (where Yoda explicitly tells him that, once Yoda's gone, "the last of the Jedi will you be," and there's the heavy implication that the Emperor and Vader are the last remaining Dark Side Force-users), but that's been a factored-in aspect of Filoni's storytelling for me by this point.