Ahsoka (Disney+) | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Ahsoka (Disney+)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm not a big fan of this stuff either, as I think it somewhat undermines Luke's journey in the Original Trilogy (where Yoda explicitly tells him that, once Yoda's gone, "the last of the Jedi will you be," and there's the heavy implication that the Emperor and Vader are the last remaining Dark Side Force-users), but that's been a factored-in aspect of Filoni's storytelling for me by this point.
My issue is adding more

Cool Ezra and Ashoka were added to shows that needed them but this show does not need another Jedi type character (also the shows were for kids)

I hope Disney is taking this in consideration with the new Rey Movies

I feel like SW feel's like a dying brand. Andor and Ashoka both got good or great rating and...the fans just aren't there like they seem to be for older characters even if the show's are not as good...like Boba Fett/Obi Wan

Because normies don’t know who tf Cassian Andor or Ahsoka Tano are. These shows are seeing different sections of the Star Wars fandom show up, but not the whole community like for larger characters.

I’ll have to restart it. I fell asleep during episode 1 which I normally don’t view as a great sign. Seems like the general consensus here is that it’s great.

Reactions: Michael S
I’ll have to restart it. I fell asleep during episode 1 which I normally don’t view as a great sign. Seems like the general consensus here is that it’s great.
I like parts of it.....but unlike Rebels which makes it's own thing and then add's Clone Wars lore in. This is very much a sequel show

I'm not saying you can't like it without watching Rebels but feel like it's more interesting if you have.

I'm trying to be fair on it but for me it's realllllly slow for how basic the idea is, I feel like the first episode could have done what this show does in two episodes.
In a way reminds me of Secret Wars where the show is all set up for an interesting reveal, when I wish it just skipped to the interesting reveal part and not hold it back for season 2 or a movie

Reactions: Nico
I like parts of it.....but unlike Rebels which makes it's own thing and then add's Clone Wars lore in. This is very much a sequel show

I'm not saying you can't like it without watching Rebels but feel like it's more interesting if you have.

I'm trying to be fair on it but for me it's realllllly slow for how basic the idea is, I feel like the first episode could have done what this show does in two episodes.
In a way reminds me of Secret Wars where the show is all set up for an interesting reveal, when I wish it just skipped to the interesting reveal part and not hold it back for season 2 or a movie
Slow was main take away. I also have never seen Rebels or Clone Wars sooo o_O

Reactions: Jerroddragon
I'm excited to hear your thoughts

I watched the first two with my cousin and GF and my cousin asked me on every character if they were from Rebels or not...lol

my big hesitation toward watching the show (other than my general apathy) is definitely knowing it's filoni's baby. I just can't get into the other stuff he has had a heavy hand in.

my big hesitation toward watching the show (other than my general apathy) is definitely knowing it's filoni's baby. I just can't get into the other stuff he has had a heavy hand in.
I'd wait

This could be another good show...or just another show where some people like it and it has moments but overall isn't really that special of a show.

I know many will argue with me but...I'm kinda tired of set ups that may not pay off, just in this case they are looking for Thrawn...why do we need a season for that. By episode 3 we could have him found and get to the real interesting story stuff...but it wont be we will do the normal story stuff and lead us to wanting more, which is why I compared it to Secret Wars

If Secret Wars middle was the end of the show...then hot dam it might have led to an amazing show.

I like slow burns, but this definitely feels like you are just being thrown into a show in its fifth season… because you are.

It’s sort of like the new Justified: City Primeval miniseries. Sure, you can watch that without having watched Justified, but your experience will be greatly enhanced if you’ve seen Justified.

That all said, I enjoyed the first two episodes and am planning to watch Rebels. Tonight’s episode was shorter and much more mediocre imo. This one 100% felt like it would’ve been kinda cool animated but felt a bit cringe at times in live action.

Last edited:
I feel like the show is just not for me

It's slow and we really aren't seeing much new here. Many of these things reminds me of clone wars/rebels

It feels like the show is just going to drag it's feet and tell another story we've heard before, my issue seems to be just too much set up. I wish they would make it where the shows were just pure new information and not just another show with a Jedi training someone and the bad guys just doing bad guy stuff

If you do not like his style, do not watch it. It's full of all the hackneyed contrivances his other shows have, and the childish, stilted writing is even worse than it was in Mando S3.

Somehow Dave made a lead character with less personality than one that wears a helmet 99.9% of the time.

If you do not like his style, do not watch it. It's full of all the hackneyed contrivances his other shows have, and the childish, stilted writing is even worse than it was in Mando S3.
yeah, this is exactly what I can't get past. the writing on his other work is so juvenile that I can't get into the story.

I think throughout his career, David has had a fascination with the concept of the stoic warrior, yet he seems to only invest in the ephemeral, surface-level qualities of that archetype.

This leads to an overabundance of what I call "knowing-smile-itis", a condition whereim a character can only express emotion through a furtive frown, a knowing smile, or their equivalents in body language.

Last edited:

Somehow Dave made a lead character with less personality than one that wears a helmet 99.9% of the time.
I do not agree the writing is more childish than Mando S3, but it definitely has the animation feel. And yeah, Ahsoka is so boring in this show and while Sabine looked interesting after the first few episodes, somehow she fell into situation and is pretty boring in episode 3 as well.

It doesn’t help that Filoni is the only credited writer on every episode of this series, which should be illegal. I’m thankful that Filoni created these characters which could be truly interesting, but he should not be at the helm of writing for them in live action.

I do not agree the writing is more childish than Mando S3, but it definitely has the animation feel. And yeah, Ahsoka is so boring in this show and while Sabine looked interesting after the first few episodes, somehow she fell into situation and is pretty boring in episode 3 as well.

It doesn’t help that Filoni is the only credited writer on every episode of this series, which should be illegal. I’m thankful that Filoni created these characters which could be truly interesting, but he should not be at the helm of writing for them.
I love him but like Lucas

He seems to be better as a person to come up with ideas...and have others translate those to the screen

I will say....Baylan seems cool but they aren't focusing on him near enough. Huyang is also a surprise hit for me, droids are the one thing they have done well since Disney took over

For me, his ideas aren't all that great either. They're all basically watered down versions of the Expanded Universe ideas, which were not very robust to begin with.

For me, his ideas aren't all that great either. They're all basically watered down versions of the Expanded Universe ideas, which were not very robust to begin with.
Clone Wars and Rebels.....are pretty dam great

Not perfect but both are great shows overall

Clone Wars and Rebels.....are pretty dam great

Not perfect but both are great shows overall
Clone Wars is like 10% great and 90% unwatchable tripe

Rebels is better, but still just caught up in memberberries too much to be truly good.

Everything live action he's had a hand in is nearly unwatchable, outside of Mando S1.