Antarctica - Empire of the Penguin | Page 21 | Inside Universal Forums

Antarctica - Empire of the Penguin

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I also like Turtle Trek. The pre-show rooms need a little work. It might have been because we went fairly close to after opening, but it seems the employees were not really doing what they should be to control everything or do the proper pre-show. I want to go again to see if they worked out those bugs, but the last time I went it was closed (the actual show) they still let you walk through the pre-show area though.

As for this (to get back on topic) I think anything will be better than what was there before. So I am excited.

I went through Turtle Trek the week it opened and the preshows were uneventful even then. As for them working out those bugs... it seems like SeaWorld Parks never fix things, they let them get worse. King Tuts tomb comes to mind right away.

When I went on TurtleTrek, I found the pre-show rooms to be very relaxed, but not a mess. They were actually what I liked the most from the whole attraction :look: The 3D was not the best, IMO. But overall, I enjoyed the whole experience; it was something unique for both SWO and Orlando parks in general.

I definitely think Antarctica will blow TurtleTrek out the water, though... :thumbs:

When I went on TurtleTrek, I found the pre-show rooms to be very relaxed, but not a mess. They were actually what I liked the most from the whole attraction :look: The 3D was not the best, IMO. But overall, I enjoyed the whole experience; it was something unique for both SWO and Orlando parks in general.

I definitely think Antarctica will blow TurtleTrek out the water, though... :thumbs:
Obviously Antarctica will. It's a ride for starters lol. Turtle Trek can be a bit uncomfortable with the standing.
I have to agree about the pre-show. Did you see those huge sea cows?

Hey guys! Just got official word from my supervisor at SeaWorld that I'm being transferred to be an opening crew member for Antarctica! I know all about the ride and everything by the way. You guys are gonna love it.

Well Congrats I am really looking forward to it!!

Hey guys! Just got official word from my supervisor at SeaWorld that I'm being transferred to be an opening crew member for Antarctica! I know all about the ride and everything by the way. You guys are gonna love it.

Congrats! :cheers: I'm also really looking forward to it! It was a big factor in my decision to get an AP, too, along with Manta and Kraken :lol:

Antarctica looks like it will be fantastic and another step-up for SeaWorld! I can't wait!! :thumbs:

Hey guys! Antarctica team member here! All Antarctica team members are being moved over on April 16th for training! Employee previews will follow shortly, followed by soft openings! Soft openings should be beginning of May! (Maybe late April)
Ill keep you all updated!

Last edited:
Hey guys! Antarctica team member here! All Antarctica team members are being moved over on April 16th for training! Employee previews will follow shortly, followed by soft openings! Soft openings should be beginning of march! (Maybe late April)

I guess you mean beginning of May? Must be cool to be the first ride op, keep the details coming!

Hey guys! Antarctica team member here! All Antarctica team members are being moved over on April 16th for training! Employee previews will follow shortly, followed by soft openings! Soft openings should be beginning of May! (Maybe late April)

Please do! Can't wait to ride this thing!

That matches up pretty closely with what I've been told, though I had been told to expect softs before the end of April, but I wouldn't be surprised if that got moved back. Just hoping to catch it before I head out West.

Make that two! I think it'll be just what SeaWorld needs. Often enough I have people coming up to my coaster with kids that cant ride it because of the height restriction. At least this attraction is an actual RIDE that'll fill the gap between Happy Harbor and the coasters without forcing people to get wet.

Should be interesting watching people get off Journey to Atlantis with plans of riding Empire of the Penguin. I wonder if there will be some sort of safety stipulation that requires all riders to be dry in order to board the ride.

We shall see!

Update: Bad news, everything at Antarctica is on schedule except the ride. Due to that, there will be no employee preview, and soft opening for select people (pass holders) the week of may 15th as I've been told by my manager (whom is the future manager of Antarctica)

Update: Bad news, everything at Antarctica is on schedule except the ride. Due to that, there will be no employee preview, and soft opening for select people (pass holders) the week of may 15th as I've been told by my manager (whom is the future manager of Antarctica)

That's too bad... Is the grand opening still on for the 24th?

You cant really open a ride without a soft opening. And the park has already advertised May 24th for Grand.

You cant really open a ride without a soft opening. And the park has already advertised May 24th for Grand.

You can but its almost guaranteed to be a disaster, CHEETAH HUNT!!!

You can but its almost guaranteed to be a disaster, CHEETAH HUNT!!!

Or was it the fact that its an Intamin... I don't know I wasn't following the theme park industry as much when Cheetah Hunt opened. But yeah you need to soft open.

I don't know much but it still seems early to be saying there will be a delayed opening. That's still a month away. I wonder what exactly isn't working right.