Antarctica - Empire of the Penguin | Page 23 | Inside Universal Forums

Antarctica - Empire of the Penguin

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
i am really looking forward to antarctica, more so than transformers because there is so much that is unknown. i cant wait to see the trackless system at work and interacting with show elements.

anyone have the potential OHRC for the ride?

i am really looking forward to antarctica, more so than transformers because there is so much that is unknown. i cant wait to see the trackless system at work and interacting with show elements.

anyone have the potential OHRC for the ride?

Well I'm more excited for Antarctica too but that's only because I've already been on Transformers :lol:

A reliable source tells me there will be roughly 12 RV's on at a time, and it has a theoretical capacity of 1600. So with the SeaWorld employees... expect about 1200 an hour. AKA long wait times.

A reliable source tells me there will be roughly 12 RV's on at a time, and it has a theoretical capacity of 1600. So with the SeaWorld employees... expect about 1200 an hour. AKA long wait times.

Ouch 75% capacity is a low blow to park employees...

Its the truth though. Sorry SeaWorld Employees... Its not their fault though, Management doesn't know anything about high throughput.

I'll agree there as the other day the park was slammed and Manta was running sooooooooooooooooo slow, like 7-8 minute circuits slow.

And you would think with two working loading platforms they could dispatch a train more often than every 7 minutes. I shake my head every time I'm there. Meanwhile Hulk is dispatching trains from their one platform every 90 seconds.

It is definitely an issue with management creating the kind of environment for that to be accepted and grow. I know a few great people that work/worked at other parks where they were all about hitting intervals, and now they're sitting back taking their time checking and dispatching at SeaWorld.

To be fair, there's very few times during the year where SeaWorld is busy enough to actually need to worry about hitting dispatch intervals for more than a few times in a row, but letting that take hold how it has isn't good. Not to mention its just bad guest service all around, no matter how busy it is.

Honestly, slow ride dispatches are one of the things that make me realize I'm not at a Universal/Disney park.

It is definitely an issue with management creating the kind of environment for that to be accepted and grow. I know a few great people that work/worked at other parks where they were all about hitting intervals, and now they're sitting back taking their time checking and dispatching at SeaWorld.

To be fair, there's very few times during the year where SeaWorld is busy enough to actually need to worry about hitting dispatch intervals for more than a few times in a row, but letting that take hold how it has isn't good. Not to mention its just bad guest service all around, no matter how busy it is.

You're absolutely right about the environment of SeaWorld. It isn't one of the things they stress.

I think what you were saying at the end of your post is that dispatching trains quickly is bad guest services? I have to disagree. You can dispatch trains quickly and still be courteous. It starts with your grouper ensuring the trains are full. Then the loading employees have to move quickly. You can move quickly and be courteous.

Efficiency is a function of service. Getting trains dispatched at acceptable intervals means I as a guest don't have to wait in long lines which makes me happy. Capacity is good guest service.

No, you misunderstood me, I was saying that being lazy and not dispatching trains quickly is poor guest service.

Believe me, your screen name (related and interchangeable with efficiency) is right up there with safety when it comes to things I like to see stressed in operations at any park. Sometimes it drives me nuts, but because of my background and where I've worked, even when I'm in parks as a guest I can't help but constantly analyze operations and such things.

I can't wait to ride this. It looks EPIC. Looks like this can definitely tide me over until I ride Mystic Manor.

Interesting that they are timing these out and portraying them like they are updates in progress, but no way set pieces that large are still under production (the ones still in the studio). They are way to close to opening to still be dealing with big stuff. (Especially when you consider in the shot of the store the shelves are siting on the floor wrapped in plastic waiting to go in)

Interesting that they are timing these out and portraying them like they are updates in progress, but no way set pieces that large are still under production (the ones still in the studio). They are way to close to opening to still be dealing with big stuff. (Especially when you consider in the shot of the store the shelves are siting on the floor wrapped in plastic waiting to go in)

Yeah...since we're under a month until the grand opening, I bet they're already in full testing stages. The ride ops gotta know this thing inside and out soon.

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts