Antarctica - Empire of the Penguin | Page 24 | Inside Universal Forums

Antarctica - Empire of the Penguin

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So, I saw a commercial last night on TV for the new ride and they actually showed real ride footage with people (actors) on the ride. Really looked impressive and showed quite a bit of the ride vehicles in motion. Im trying to find it online now but cant seem to find it. Skip, Reel, you guys able to find it? You guys are the masters of finding things :thumbs:

Your saying I have to start watching commercials again? :down:

:lol: Only reason I saw it was cause the kids had cartoons on TV and it just so happened to play then or I would have totally missed it.

Anthony Armenia @FLThrillseeker on Twitter happened to grab a screen shot to sort of give you an idea what they showed

I actually think I've seen this, but I don't remember where. The bottom piece confused me because the three RVs were just moving in a circle (Mystic Manor finale style)

Sooooo will it be extremely busy on the 24th? I may just have to hit this up but rather not if it's going to be 3 hour waits all day. And will the odds be in my favor for soft openings a few days before?

I would assume they want to do softs, but from what I've been hearing the ride isn't ready yet and it's getting really close to that point. This might be a FJ down to the wire kind of ride

Got it! Just came on and recorded it on my phone lol
Kinda hard to hear but you at least can get a glimpse of the rides interior

[video=youtube_share;ViOLhuZ78dk]http://youtu.be/ViOLhuZ78dk[/video]

I am really hoping for softs to start next weekend, because it will be the last weekend I can go before grand opening weekend. The 18th we will be in West Palm. I really would hate to compete with crowds and can't wait i the heat with my son. Sometimes they allow us in quick queue and other times not, it is hit or miss. Turtle Trek we waited a couple weeks and the wait was only 20 minutes, but I am thinking that is not gonna be the case for this one.

The more that I see of this ride, the more I can't wait to get on it. It looks incredible and I can't wait to experience it.

I does appear that this attraction along with Sea World's last 2 additions (Turtle Trek and Manta) are really bringing this park up to a top tier world class theme park.

Hey guys... I have a hard hat tour of Antarctica which includes the ride on Saturday. (I work there) I walked through Antarctica yesterday and saw more than the Media has. I was absolutely stunned... It is going to be incredible. Even the restaurant is heavily themed. I am honestly more impressed than I was when I saw WWoHP 1.0 for the first time.. No word on soft openings yet, zero softs are planned as of now. Like I said, I'll keep you guys updated. Most likely, softs WILL be planned.