Antarctica - Empire of the Penguin | Page 26 | Inside Universal Forums

Antarctica - Empire of the Penguin

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
FYI, being told by multiple sources that there will be no softs for Antarctica.

Yeah I was thinking that too. But wow, that is going to make memorial weekend a nightmare and I will be avoiding that place. Softs allow them to work out all those little kinks and this means those will be happening over a VERY busy weekend. Not the best time to have a grand opening of an anticipated ride with no dress rehearsal. Until recently I didn't think that would open with no softs.

While no official softs, I am still thinking that there will be TM previews and possibly AP previews. I can't imagine that SW would want to cold open a highly anticipated attraction without the ops crew ever loading a single RV until the Grand Opening. That is asking for a total cluster.

While no official softs, I am still thinking that there will be TM previews and possibly AP previews. I can't imagine that SW would want to cold open a highly anticipated attraction without the ops crew ever loading a single RV until the Grand Opening. That is asking for a total cluster.

I am thinking team member preview for sure. But for TT wasn't the passholder preview after opening? I seem to remember something about early access to it at like 9 AM after it opened. I never can make those early morning ones.

I'm not a marketer for seaworld. Just a regular employee. Everything I have told you is what they have given to us in our Antarctica training manual. I haven't said anything that they wouldn't want you guys to know. Everything is safe.

I'm not a marketer for seaworld. Just a regular employee. Everything I have told you is what they have given to us in our Antarctica training manual. I haven't said anything that they wouldn't want you guys to know. Everything is safe.

Thank You for the insight, I'll be there on the Media day.

No team member previews because the ride is a bit behind schedule

- - - Updated - - -

Only the people that are getting a chance to ride are the people that are working in antarctica

I've been hearing that may be the case as much as it makes no sense.

No team member previews because the ride is a bit behind schedule

- - - Updated - - -

Only the people that are getting a chance to ride are the people that are working in antarctica

I can back this up. Initially the first thing I heard was they were worried the ride wouldn't be ready for opening day. Now word is they're working to come in just in time for opening.

From what I've heard it's some programming issues as well as finishing up the show scenes. Fortunately the programming issues aren't to be and they are still allowing the team to cycle so they are at least able to train.

"Cold" opening is exactly what the want for Antarctica! Haha hehe hoho

Sorry I couldn't help myself. :look:

Cheetah Hunt :look:

Cheetah Hunt :look:

Yep, and you would have thought they learned their lesson. They didn't have to open it this particular weekend and now I understand why Uni waits so long to give a final date, because they don't want to run into these types of issues.

Rock-it never had an opening date though, did it? It just never made its original "Spring" timeframe.

Rock-it never had an opening date, and never celebrated an official grand opening. One day they just opened without the technical rehearsal sign.

But Rock-it wasn't really Universals fault (they bid out the design and construction, and Maurer said they could build it). It didn't become apparent until they were at the physical construction phase that Maurer was in way over their heads.

Rock-it never had an opening date, and never celebrated an official grand opening. One day they just opened without the technical rehearsal sign.

But Rock-it wasn't really Universals fault (they bid out the design and construction, and Maurer said they could build it). It didn't become apparent until they were at the physical construction phase that Maurer was in way over their heads.

I would really like some more "info" on what went wrong, repercussions and so on if you have a chance sometime Nitro.

The most I'm willing to really put out there is that the bid process went normal and Maurer was able to convince Universal this was something they could do. Once they started actual construction there were tons of issues, all Maurer related. A key piece of the original design of the lift was installed and then removed and the programming was a mess all around.