Antarctica - Empire of the Penguin | Page 22 | Inside Universal Forums

Antarctica - Empire of the Penguin

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The SeaWorld parks and entertainment Career website has a rather interesting job posting I thought I would share.

Performer: (Culinary Operations- Antarctica)
Requirements and Competencies

This position requires a friendly, outgoing and guest-focused person with some basic performance and public speaking experience. Strong verbal skills are required. The job will require rehearsal under the guidance of an Entertainment director, as well as dialogue memorization. Some comedic improvisational ability or experience is preferred, as the team member will be interacting with guests in a loosely scripted, freewheeling, and entertaining way.

Must have some basic performance and public speaking experience
Must be able to memorize and deliver dialogue as directed
Must have excellent verbal communication skills
Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
Must be at least 18 years old
Must be able to complete and pass all training for Culinary Department, including RCS Responsible Vendor Training
Must be able to train on and properly use protective gear
Must be able to stand for entire shift, up to 8 hours and move freely around work areas
Must be able to lift and carry up to 40 pounds
Must be able to push/pull up to 25 pounds
Must be able to bend, reach, twist, and turn with complete flexibility
Must be able to work in all weather conditions and temperature extremes
Must be available to work varying shifts/hours based on business need, to include opening, mid-, and closing shifts; nights, weekends, and holidays

Desired Qualifications

Some comedic improvisational experience preferred
Theatrical acting experience preferred
1-2 years guest service experience preferred

Primary Responsibilities

To enhance guest experience and thematic atmosphere of Antarctica venue by energetically portraying a costumed character who will help create an entertaining atmosphere through interaction with guests.
Follow scripted themes appropriate for the character and venue.
Participate in rehearsals, feedback sessions and discussions with Entertainment Creative Director.
Adapt approach as needed to match guest needs
Interact with guests by greeting and providing excellent service
Operate cash register for cash or credit card transactions
Take and fill food and drink orders, ensuring correct portions, temperatures, and proper plate presentations
Restock cold line (e.g. desserts, salads, sandwiches) and dry storage items (e.g. cups, plates)
Prepare and carry vending trays in stadiums, selling food and beverages using cash transactions, if assigned to stadium area
Keep all assigned areas clean and sanitary, including emptying trash, sweeping, mopping, washing dishes, and detail cleaning
Perform other duties as assigned

Seems like a very interesting Mix of responsibilities...

The SeaWorld parks and entertainment Career website has a rather interesting job posting I thought I would share.

Seems like a very interesting Mix of responsibilities...

My guess is this is for the people that will be among the penguins after people leave the vehicles and get to see the penguins up close.

My guess is this is for the people that will be among the penguins after people leave the vehicles and get to see the penguins up close.

Do the people who talk about the Dolphins over in key west or the other animal exhibits around the park fall under culinary operations as well?

Just re-tweeted by @Orlando_United, thanks for the heads up! :thumbs:

@themeparkwriter: Nice Sky Tower view of the Antarctica construction area at @SeaWorld taken during [HASHTAG]#vivalamusica[/HASHTAG]

BHwxYxHCAAAy_1c.jpg:large

EDIT: And from earlier...

@themeparkwriter: Checking out @seaworld Antarctica construction while waiting for noon [HASHTAG]#vivalamusica[/HASHTAG] opening.

BHvMVKmCcAAgDev.jpg:large

Last edited:
Ummm, no. I acually saw the inside with the ride car in motion. Cant say how though. Let me just say that it will be breathtaking. I really want to tell you how but idk wanna get someone in trouble.

Last edited:
I dont mind telling a staff member. Its not much info but I know only few have seen the inside and i cant believe i did.

Private Message me if you ever want to divulge information and would like to remain anonymous. There are several here that "would" back me up in saying your identity is safe with me. :thumbs:

Just re-tweeted by @Orlando_United, thanks for the heads up! :thumbs:

@themeparkwriter: Nice Sky Tower view of the Antarctica construction area at @SeaWorld taken during #vivalamusica

BHwxYxHCAAAy_1c.jpg:large

EDIT: And from earlier...

@themeparkwriter: Checking out @seaworld Antarctica construction while waiting for noon #vivalamusica opening.

BHvMVKmCcAAgDev.jpg:large

Im interested in these pics....which one is the show building? and what are the rest of the buildings for?

Havent followed this too closely so forgive my ignorance

Notes,

-Glaciers utilizing LED technology for color and effects
-RV's hover on "ice"
-More Mystical than Animal Planet
-Media tech will be used

Im interested in these pics....which one is the show building? and what are the rest of the buildings for?

Havent followed this too closely so forgive my ignorance

The ride should be the one on the right. As reference look at the rock that looks like a big momma penguin holding the baby penguin. Then on the left there is a restaurant and I think the other one is like an educational center or something, but I'm not sure. Look back through this thread and there's a video walk-through from a hard-hat tour/preview they held :thumbs: