Avengers Campus (DCA) | Page 82 | Inside Universal Forums

Avengers Campus (DCA)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Why do you want to hurt me?

Rachel Dratch Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

lol think of it this way, anything more than that is a win.

Reactions: MikePat
There’s got to be some sort of sneaky weird reason we haven’t had a solid, ground-up Avengers ride since the MCU exploded, right? Disney has kept it to reskins and Web Slingers (which, regardless of your opinion of, we can all agree is as “safe” as new attractions come). IOA completely missed the mark on the Hulk re-theme and never ended up replacing Doom. It can’t just be that one of the most successful action IPs of all time is just “unlucky”…

There’s got to be some sort of sneaky weird reason we haven’t had a solid, ground-up Avengers ride since the MCU exploded, right? Disney has kept it to reskins and Web Slingers (which, regardless of your opinion of, we can all agree is as “safe” as new attractions come). IOA completely missed the mark on the Hulk re-theme and never ended up replacing Doom. It can’t just be that one of the most successful action IPs of all time is just “unlucky”…
Just two guesses: Universal doesn't want to open the doors for legal challenge to their theme park rights; Disney doesn't have the financials to do anything truly innovative due to the Fox deal and WDW cost overruns from poor cost control.

My conspiracy theory on the matter is that SWGE was a huge disappointment financially, and Avatar land is kind of under monetized and they couldn't get any of the international parks to bite on cloning it, which left Avengers in the lurch when it came to the budgeting. I also think it's clear Disney and Marvel thought the franchise was bullet proof, and now that it very clearly is not they're left in limbo.

True, lucky it's not a churro stand or we would still be waiting...

I wish you were right about hints in the shop but as others have said it just feels so unlikely now.

Somehow it's made even worse by this being their biggest franchise which has already peaked, they really dropped the ball on Marvel.

I'm not sure the Multiverse would work now as I think audiences have generally not really taken to it.
if it was me I'd get the original Avengers back and make it something classic and timeless, remind us all how amazing Infinity War/Endgame were.
There is NO WAY they get RDJ for a ride without paying him $20M. Especially with him trying to be taken seriously as an actor again.

My conspiracy theory on the matter is that SWGE was a huge disappointment financially, and Avatar land is kind of under monetized and they couldn't get any of the international parks to bite on cloning it, which left Avengers in the lurch when it came to the budgeting. I also think it's clear Disney and Marvel thought the franchise was bullet proof, and now that it very clearly is not they're left in limbo.
I actually think a version of Pandora is destined for WDSP. Possibly just FoP. Avatar is huge in France.

There is NO WAY they get RDJ for a ride without paying him $20M. Especially with him trying to be taken seriously as an actor again.

I actually think a version of Pandora is destined for WDSP. Possibly just FoP. Avatar is huge in France.
Sorry, I should have been more clear. Back before Avatar opened they were pushing HARD for OLC to get in on the development costs, with a big presentation at a D23 event in Japan. But they never bit. I think they were hoping they could get some recouped costs with bringing that outside partner in. When that never happened, they were on the hook for a billion+ land that (IMO) is probably under monetized.

Sorry, I should have been more clear. Back before Avatar opened they were pushing HARD for OLC to get in on the development costs, with a big presentation at a D23 event in Japan. But they never bit. I think they were hoping they could get some recouped costs with bringing that outside partner in. When that never happened, they were on the hook for a billion+ land that (IMO) is probably under monetized.
Turns out OLC was smart for that as the main market that TWOW underperformed by a lot in compared to Avatar was Japan.

I don’t have inside info on how the vibes are now regarding SWGE within the company, but I know for sure it was expected to be the biggest thing at Disney Parks ever and it just… didn’t deliver. Rise is outstanding, but it seems too expensive for the amount of $$$ the land doesn’t seem to be making.

I’ve read so much on it, but haven’t been to Batuu. That being said, minus Rise which is expensive as hell, SWGE seems like a massive overall fail and is now affecting other projects movements. Whether it’s here, more Avatar, Lion King, Encanto, Frozen…

I don’t have inside info on how the vibes are now regarding SWGE within the company, but I know for sure it was expected to be the biggest thing at Disney Parks ever and it just… didn’t deliver. Rise is outstanding, but it seems too expensive for the amount of $$$ the land doesn’t seem to be making.

I’ve read so much on it, but haven’t been to Batuu. That being said, minus Rise which is expensive as hell, SWGE seems like a massive overall fail.
Not surprising

The Internet isn't always right but making that land not based on the classic's was the reason the land failed

I know many online will be like "I saw a kid dressed Rey...therefor the sequels are loved" But the sequels have no where near the fans of the OT films and I think even less then Prequel fans who got the Clone wars TV show as they were growing up

While the sequels made money.....the merch was way down, not as many games based on those stories and the hotel failed.

I hope this makes Disney push the sequels away and....try to start fresh with the Rey film if that ever happens.

Yep, my thoughts also. I agree with with you on all those points.

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
Not surprising

The Internet isn't always right but making that land not based on the classic's was the reason the land failed

I know many online will be like "I saw a kid dressed Rey...therefor the sequels are loved" But the sequels have no where near the fans of the OT films and I think even less then Prequel fans who got the Clone wars TV show as they were growing up

While the sequels made money.....the merch was way down, not as many games based on those stories and the hotel failed.

I hope this makes Disney push the sequels away and....try to start fresh with the Rey film if that ever happens.
They completely just over thought the land. Same with Avengers Campus imo. The lands themselves should be simple and easy to market, creativity needs to be in the ride storytelling.

The only thing I would say is that Marvel and Star Wars should have been bulletproof except that Disney took the jackets off. By ignoring fans (who make the subject popular), they ignored the strengths of both franchises.
As some others have said, this generation of Imagineers seem to have a bad habit of overthinking their creations. Perhaps it's professional arrogance, too techie oriented, and a lack of common sense. They just don't seem to have a good feel for what's important/interesting to the common guest. They may need to start spending more time in the parks, and less time in offices isolated from the parks.

Reactions: GAcoaster
While Webslingers isn’t an E ticket it looks… fine. Like whatever. The attractions themselves aren’t really the problem. Rise is the best ride ever, Flight Of Passage is many peoples favorites, Mickey and Minnie seems to get raves from everyone I know even if they miss GMR, Tron and Guardians are popular… it’s just literally everything else that surrounds these rides.