Avengers: Doomsday (2026) | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

Avengers: Doomsday (2026)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

How we feeling about RDJ as Doom?

• Love it!

• Intrigued

• Wait and see mode/Meh

• Hate it

Results are only viewable after voting.
That still doesn't rule out being a Tony Stark variant calling himself Victor Von Doom.

If there's any Stark connection, that's a deal-breaker for me.
I in no way believe what they are trying to sell me here. This is full on multiverse so it could be anything and I do try to think they are just trying to throw us off right now, but we’ll see.

I sort of don’t have an opinion on this yet. It could be a huge fail, but I feel like the Russo’s wouldn’t have agreed to come back if it was going to be something lazy and I also don’t think RDJ would even do this if there wasn’t a solid story reason.

RDJ right now:

Yeah - it definitely feels like an awful attempt at fan pandering due to Phase 4 being met with so-so enthusiasm.
That’s the biggest thing keeping me from solidly liking the choice right out the gate. I’m just straight up rolling with the multiverse at this point though bc at this point it seems like over the next few years they’re going all in on it finally for good or bad ad by the end of secret wars they’ll probably close the door shut on the multiverse for good, if not reboot the universe entirely.

I personally think this is ridiculous. But ifs he’s not the real Doom and they’re saving him with some kind of twist. I’m all for it.
I do think that RDJ will probably be Doom for the Avengers films, but he’s still just a multiverse Doom and we’ll get a 616 Doom in whatever the next saga is.

Just my thoughts based on what we know and based on how they seem to really be digging deep into the multiverse to bring back popular MCU actors for the end of the saga.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Thinking about it for a bit, the thing that does raise my interest level here is the inevitable Spider-Man/Doom encounter 1 on 1. The same face that he once saw as a mentor he’s now going to have to find it within himself to overlook that and defeat him.

The same goes for much of the rest of the Avenger team who knew him like Thor, Bruce, Clint, etc.

On a character level it has a chance to tell a quite fascinating story.

Thinking about it for a bit, the thing that does raise my interest level here is the inevitable Spider-Man/Doom encounter 1 on 1. The same face that he once saw as a mentor he’s now going to have to find it within himself to overlook that and defeat him.

The same goes for much of the rest of the Avenger team who knew him like Thor, Bruce, Clint, etc.

I think it creates a unique conflict of interest--one that feels kind of unique for the MCU that comes due to that for the most part; none of the main Avengers have really dabbled into the Multiverse.

It's only truly been Wanda, Strange, Chavez, Wong, and Peter. And perhaps that might be a very interesting problem that comes specifically to Peter--who has to figure out a means of potentially stopping this Doom before Victor does something irreversible. It'd a good avenue to look into; one I hope is written well with the writer tasked.

That's not at all a story you should be using Doctor Doom for, though.

Superior Iron Man is right there if you want "Tony Stark, but gone bad."

That's not at all a story you should be using Doctor Doom for, though.

Superior Iron Man is right there if you want "Tony Stark, but gone bad."
Perhaps I’m on a high from DP&W, but idk, with the pieces that are in place here - getting the Russo brothers back, getting one of the writers from Infinity War/Endgame back, and for RDJ to come back - for all of that to come together, I’m just optimistic this will work out. We’ll just have to wait and see though.