Avengers E-Ticket Attraction (DCA) | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Avengers E-Ticket Attraction (DCA)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
For Christs sake Disney. Just freaking clone the Guardians coaster and theme it to the Avengers. Problem solved. Not that hard.

And that's the easy option.
It doesn’t fit.

It’s as if the realities of building an E-ticket caliber attraction on the park’s last remaining piece of decent back of house real estate are a lot harder than just saying “we’re going to build an E-ticket.”

The "easy" solution to get in a E-ticket ASAP would be to do Flight of Passage ride system with Avengers overlay.

But i'd like them to be more creative than that. I think we all overestimate how big the plot of land is and the original Avengers proposal probably needed a lot of stuff cut in order to fit into a smaller building.

The "easy" solution to get in a E-ticket ASAP would be to do Flight of Passage ride system with Avengers overlay.

But i'd like them to be more creative than that. I think we all overestimate how big the plot of land is and the original Avengers proposal probably needed a lot of stuff cut in order to fit into a smaller building.
I'd be down for a Marvel version of FoP. I just don't want that to be the E-ticket of Avengers Campus. DCA really needs a coaster.

I'd be down for a Marvel version of FoP. I just don't want that to be the E-ticket of Avengers Campus. DCA really needs a coaster.
And thus why nothing has happened on this plot of land. The first problem is they're probably asking for around $300M+ for the ride bc WDI doesn't know how to control costs. But secondly, when this is your last true expansion spot in the entire park as was pointed out above, you don't just want to hit a double or triple, you want that ball flying out of the freakin park.

Reactions: UPSguy
With Disneyland Paris naming their RnRC overlay “Avengers Assemble”, it sounds like that will be their Avengers ride. I bring this up here because, if our big E-ticket was simply going to be another simulator ride, I would seriously be more than fine just cloning that ride from Paris and bringing it here. Not only would we get RnRC which was originally planned years ago, but DCA would be the only Disney park on the planet to have two roller coasters that feature inversions in the same park. Unlike WDW, DLR could really use another coaster.

EDIT - Better idea: Clone the Avengers/RnRC overlay from Paris to where that Avengers E was supposed to go and rename it to Iron Man. I mean, it's essentially an Iron Man-focused coaster. Put a new live show venue where the Animation building is but add stories to it for additional seating, then put that FoP clone where the Hyperion Theater is. The Animation Building venue would make up for the loss of Hyperion.

Boom. That's two new E-tickets. DCA gets a FoP clone and the long-shelved RnRC clone that gives the park a little more thrill. Would love to see the Guardians coaster ride system make its way to the park somehow as well. DCA could use a few new coasters.

EDIT 2 - Actually, the better idea IMO would just forget the RnRC clone and make a variation of Cosmic Rewind but Avengers/Iron Man themed. Boom. DCA gets a new coaster and something that's not a simulator,

Last edited:
With Disneyland Paris naming their RnRC overlay “Avengers Assemble”, it sounds like that will be their Avengers ride. I bring this up here because, if our big E-ticket was simply going to be another simulator ride, I would seriously be more than fine just cloning that ride from Paris and bringing it here. Not only would we get RnRC which was originally planned years ago, but DCA would be the only Disney park on the planet to have two roller coasters that feature inversions in the same park. Unlike WDW, DLR could really use another coaster.

Disneyland Paris has held that record since 1995 when Space mountain opened - both their Space Mountain and the Indiana Jones Coaster have inversions.

EDIT - Better idea: Clone the Avengers/RnRC overlay from Paris to where that Avengers E was supposed to go and rename it to Iron Man. I mean, it's essentially an Iron Man-focused coaster. Put a new live show venue where the Animation building is but add stories to it for additional seating, then put that FoP clone where the Hyperion Theater is. The Animation Building venue would make up for the loss of Hyperion.

Boom. That's two new E-tickets. DCA gets a FoP clone and the long-shelved RnRC clone that gives the park a little more thrill. Would love to see the Guardians coaster ride system make its way to the park somehow as well. DCA could use a few new coasters.

EDIT 2 - Actually, the better idea IMO would just forget the RnRC clone and make a variation of Cosmic Rewind but Avengers/Iron Man themed. Boom. DCA gets a new coaster and something that's not a simulator,

Edit 2 is definitely my favorite option^
I think we need to see if either the Paris Avengers RNRC or the Guardians Coaster are any good first though.

Reactions: frank_1991_
Disneyland Paris has held that record since 1995 when Space mountain opened - both their Space Mountain and the Indiana Jones Coaster have inversions.
Oh duh! :thud:Can’t believe I didn’t think about that considering I actually went there a few years ago. Temple of Peril was such a janky coaster I tried to forget about it.:lol:

But yeah I really hope they replace that Avengers ride that was shelved(?) for a Cosmic Rewind-style coaster with the Avengers.

I'd feel you could make something work for a Omnicoaster at DCA, if they go for something that'd take not just the Avengers E-Ticket spot, but also Hyperion.

Would require a lot of back of house changing, but I think it can work.

From my understanding, the original E-Ticket that was getting designed was a new, never before seen ride system and the Imagineers were running into a lot go logistical problems, capacity being a HUGE one. FoP's system was the next option but another option was a coaster. They were refocused on the "omni-coaster" idea that the Epcot team was working are, and are awaiting the public reception from it. If its mostly positive, then this Avengers project should get the green light... it'll be Disney's second omni-coaster, but will lack the height of Cosmic Rewind

From my understanding, the original E-Ticket that was getting designed was a new, never before seen ride system and the Imagineers were running into a lot go logistical problems, capacity being a HUGE one. FoP's system was the next option but another option was a coaster. They were refocused on the "omni-coaster" idea that the Epcot team was working are, and are awaiting the public reception from it. If its mostly positive, then this Avengers project should get the green light... it'll be Disney's second omni-coaster, but will lack the height of Cosmic Rewind
I’m glad to hear that this is likely the case (Hopefully that’s their plan!) you say it will lack the height, do you mean it won’t be as tall and they’re going to go more for width than height?

I’m glad to hear that this is likely the case (Hopefully that’s their plan!) you say it will lack the height, do you mean it won’t be as tall and they’re going to go more for width than height?
Apparently there are a couple different track proposals, with various different budgets. I haven't seen any of them, but the one I was told about would have multiple launches and consist of a lot of helixes with separate "rooms". Remember the original plan for Cosmic Rewind was to have a few show scenes, including some with AAs. Apparently the Iron Man AA in Paris will be pretty impressive, will this omni-coaster feature more scenes at the expense of a smaller track... very possible.
Either way, the E-Ticket for Avenger's Campus is either some variation of the omni-coaster, or a cloned FoP. The days of researching and developing a new system is sadly over for this attraction, that I know for sure.

Apparently there are a couple different track proposals, with various different budgets. I haven't seen any of them, but the one I was told about would have multiple launches and consist of a lot of helixes with separate "rooms". Remember the original plan for Cosmic Rewind was to have a few show scenes, including some with AAs. Apparently the Iron Man AA in Paris will be pretty impressive, will this omni-coaster feature more scenes at the expense of a smaller track... very possible.
Either way, the E-Ticket for Avenger's Campus is either some variation of the omni-coaster, or a cloned FoP. The days of researching and developing a new system is sadly over for this attraction, that I know for sure.
I’m to totally okay with this if they’re going for the coaster. Even with a lower height hit still sounds like it would be a lot of fun and more “showier”. If a simpler ride system such as a coaster means a better ride then so be it. The new ride system sounded like it would be nothing more than a glorified simulator anyway.

I’m to totally okay with this if they’re going for the coaster. Even with a lower height hit still sounds like it would be a lot of fun and more “showier”. If a simpler ride system such as a coaster means a better ride then so be it. The new ride system sounded like it would be nothing more than a glorified simulator anyway.
As long as there are AAs and show scenes, I'm down. Hopefully it doesn't cost 500 mil so they can leave some money for the rest of DCA.

I call BS on the public reception argument though. I'm sure Disney knows the omni-coaster system will be popular, they just need postivie public reception as additional cover for the expense involved in building the attraction.

Reactions: Freak
Hopefully the original never before seen ride system gets revived someday if they can ever get past those logistical issues.

A little update.
Sooo Disney is looking to go with a cheaper option (surprise, surprise) for DCA's "E-Ticket" and apparently they are really pleased with the retheme of RnRC at WDS... and this option just became the frontrunner for DCA :shrug: