Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Back to the Future: The Ride

Old pics from Hollywood:

delorean+universal+studios+hollywood+picture.png

back+to+the+future+ride+universal+studios+hollywood.png

Taken from: http://www.editingluke.net/2011/10/back-to-future-delorean.html

That's kind of a silly "fix", if I saw that as the present time, I would've simply thought that the time circuits were malfunctioning. And actually, that might be the case here too, I remember when there was issues with the time circuit display when our ride was open.

A better fix, IMO, would've been to digitally alter the footage to say 2050 or 3015, as well as any audio references to 2015. They've altered the footage before to add in any new sponsorships, like Toyota.

I mean, technically, if after 2015 the ride is still open, it still makes sense calling it Back To The Future. It's just that every scene will be the "past", and then we go back to the future at the end, which is our present.

A better fix, IMO, would've been to digitally alter the footage to say 2050 or 3015, as well as any audio references to 2015. They've altered the footage before to add in any new sponsorships, like Toyota.
Dubbing audio like that is far more difficult than adding a small promotional bit. Plus, 2050/3015 makes absolutely no sense in the context of the film.

Thanks buzzkillington ;)

I was referring to the Japanese version of the ride, where it's dubbed over already, so if they dubbed it to say another year in Japanese, it wouldn't be an issue.

And you know as well as I do that I'm well aware that 2050 and 3015 makes no sense in the context of the franchise, I'm just brainstorming ideas how to "save" the ride or have it makes sense since we're already in 2015 and still have them go to a distant future.

As I said before, keeping it as-is would work as well, it's just that all the dates would be in the past, and the only "traveling to the future" would be at the end of the ride.

they could always just say "alternate 2015" and just change one of the queue videos to where biff has altered the space time continuum and its our job to set it back and return him back to the institute.

Hey BTTF fans!

About a year and half or so ago, I put the word out here on this forum that I was looking for photos from BTTF The Ride at both parks, the gift stores, Doc Brown's Chicken, etc., for a secret project I was working on.  Well now I can officially tell you what that project is:

9780062419132.jpg

This is a 224 page book about the making of the BTTF Trilogy, the animated series and BTTF: The Ride.

I wrote the chapter which descriptively details the making of the ride, in which I conducted new interviews with "The Ride" Director Douglas Trumbull, Project Director Steven Marble, writer Peyton Reed, Pre-Show Ride material Director Les Mayfield, and Producer George Zaloom.  There's some great behind-the-scenes photos, storyboards, concept art and much more!

The book will be released on October 20th, 2015, and can be pre-ordered at BacktotheFuture.com today!

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha that's what I did everyday I opened Transformers when we took over managing the NBC Universal Experience. I was such a freaking dork, everytime I went around checking displays I always looked at the DeLorean and said, "Flux capacitor... fluxing." And yes, the flux capacitor's lighting was part of the dispos checklist awesomely enough.

My best friend is a HUGE BTTF fan alongside me and was so jealous that I worked everyday with one of the original DeLorean time machines.