Beetlejuice Beetlejuice (2024) | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Beetlejuice Beetlejuice (2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's slightly too crammed full of characters but when they're crafted with such odd reverence and collide and spin off each other in such a nonsensical, chaotic setting it somehow manages to work out pretty damn well. Beetlejuice Beetlejuice is surprisingly funny, has a tremendous cast and really nails the feeling and tone of some of Burton's best work, including the original film. It's bonkers and off the wall at times, actually frightening at others and I really do buy into the idea that he actually felt a passion to return to these characters and this world.

It's absolutely wonderful how practical and real this film feels, like to an astounding level in 2024. Outside of one or two moments and some added 'touch up' esque splatter moments, I can watch this and believe it was made 4-5 years after the first, not nearly 20! It's not ever really as perfect as the original but as a next step into exploring this fascinatingly macabre version of the afterlife, it's a damn blast.

Baby Beetlejuice is just a thing of absolute gold. Reminds me so much of Baby Selwyn from Braindead. Beetlejuice Beetlejuice is full of so many weird off shoots from the Mario Bava homage to the stop motion scenes, it's chock full of manic BJ energy.

My BF and I expected to be disappointed, and we were pleasantly surprised at how much we absolutely loved it. Since it’s having multiple showings we were in a smaller theatre, albeit full and that was a PERFECT setting for this film. Crowd was engaged which always helps but kinda works better for this film than anything I’ve seen lately.

For anyone unsure heading it it’s absolutely a great time!

Her plot line is something they could have cut from the movie completely and honestly it would have made the movie better. She really didn’t add anything and was often on her own away from the main cast anyway.
On paper, yes, you could easily remove her without affecting much (then you're probably losing Willem Dafoe, too).

On the other hand, no movie is improved by less Monica Bellucci. I wish the movie gave her a little more to do in terms of interacting with the primary cast.

On paper, yes, you could easily remove her without affecting much (then you're probably losing Willem Dafoe, too).

On the other hand, no movie is improved by less Monica Bellucci. I wish the movie gave her a little more to do in terms of interacting with the primary cast.
technically you could have removed her from the matrix movies too but why would you lol

• Haha
Reactions: Jake S and belloq87