Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Bigfire Restaurant

With the resort continuing to expand, a happy hour in really any location throughout the resort would be a phenomenal addition. I imagine a place that only does dinner might not be the best option for a happy hour though. Selfishly, I’d love to see a happy hour at Bigfire. It’d be nice to have an option at the 3 or 4pm time slot for a place to hang and get a beer.

Well this is certainly depressing. Hopefully not too much is changed - I can't lose my wood-fired bread and chicken sandwich.

They did a lot of retooling on Vivo's menu a year or two after their opening (surveys too), and greatly scaled down the number of offerings on a menu that was probably a bit too expansive. I'd expect changes at Bigfire, maybe add more items cooked over the fire and subtract some of the other stuff. It seems to me if your calling card is a BBQ restaurant, then be primarily a BBQ restaurant... Just my thoughts though.

They did a lot of retooling on Vivo's menu a year or two after their opening (surveys too), and greatly scaled down the number of offerings on a menu that was probably a bit too expansive. I'd expect changes at Bigfire, maybe add more items cooked over the fire and subtract some of the other stuff. It seems to me if your calling card is a BBQ restaurant, then be primarily a BBQ restaurant... Just my thoughts though.
Oddly enough, there is no BBQ on the menu except for BBQ Shrimp, which aren't really BBQ. They need at least Brisket and Ribs.

For what it's worth, I just made all of my dining reservations for the trip this weekend. BigFire was the only location to have very limited options for lunch and dinner.
We were able to get right in when we went in October, but the place was definitely packed.