Bigfire Restaurant | Inside Universal Forums
  • Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Bigfire Restaurant

Nick

Staff member
Sep 22, 2011
Orlando
NGL, I don’t like it. Doesn’t fit the theme of the restaurant at all. Looks like it’s from Cabana Bay.
It fits many elements of CityWalk, but certainly not BigFire. I don't like it either.

SeventyOne

V.I.P.
Jul 1, 2010
Orlando
The new bar sign was probably a tip-off, but word from the groundlings is BigFire is doing very poorly. Conventional wisdom seems to blame it on the menu being "too fancy" for CityWalk (not my opinion, as my earlier reviews probably indicate, and odd given that this used to be Emerils, but that's the scuttlebutt). Expecting a menu change, if not the restaurant equivalent of a "soft reboot."

Reactions: JoeCamel

Joe

aka TestTrack321
Staff member
Feb 15, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
The new bar sign was probably a tip-off, but word from the groundlings is BigFire is doing very poorly. Conventional wisdom seems to blame it on the menu being "too fancy" for CityWalk (not my opinion, as my earlier reviews probably indicate, and odd given that this used to be Emerils, but that's the scuttlebutt). Expecting a menu change, if not the restaurant equivalent of a "soft reboot."
Fascinating, every time I’ve been it’s pretty packed. Is it the bar that’s underperforming or the whole restaurant?

JungleSkip

Premium Member
Feb 15, 2010
The Mushroom Kingdom
Not saying that's not what you've heard, but I don't buy it. Place had a 45 minute wait Friday night while every other CW restaurant was basically a walk up

SeventyOne

V.I.P.
Jul 1, 2010
Orlando
Fascinating, every time I’ve been it’s pretty packed. Is it the bar that’s underperforming or the whole restaurant?
From what I was told, whole restaurant. The mention of the bar sign is me filling in the blanks, wasn't directly said to be related.

Scott W.

Premium Member
Feb 26, 2014
Glasgow
This is why we can’t have nice things.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95