Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Bigfire Restaurant

The new bar sign was probably a tip-off, but word from the groundlings is BigFire is doing very poorly. Conventional wisdom seems to blame it on the menu being "too fancy" for CityWalk (not my opinion, as my earlier reviews probably indicate, and odd given that this used to be Emerils, but that's the scuttlebutt). Expecting a menu change, if not the restaurant equivalent of a "soft reboot."

The new bar sign was probably a tip-off, but word from the groundlings is BigFire is doing very poorly. Conventional wisdom seems to blame it on the menu being "too fancy" for CityWalk (not my opinion, as my earlier reviews probably indicate, and odd given that this used to be Emerils, but that's the scuttlebutt). Expecting a menu change, if not the restaurant equivalent of a "soft reboot."

Fascinating, every time I’ve been it’s pretty packed. Is it the bar that’s underperforming or the whole restaurant?

Not saying that's not what you've heard, but I don't buy it. Place had a 45 minute wait Friday night while every other CW restaurant was basically a walk up

Fascinating, every time I’ve been it’s pretty packed. Is it the bar that’s underperforming or the whole restaurant?

From what I was told, whole restaurant. The mention of the bar sign is me filling in the blanks, wasn't directly said to be related.

This is why we can’t have nice things.