Blue Man Group Replacement Rumors | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Blue Man Group Replacement Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't understand the clamor for a new mass loader restaurant. Outside a weekend dinner rush and HHN/Christmas, most don't see enough business as is. And if EU goes forward -- I'm currently looking at construction equipment on it right now -- a large chunk of daily visitors may bypass CityWalk entirely.
My feelings also. Since the restaurant redo the past few years, there's plenty of really good restaurants already, plus the nearby ones in the hotel resorts. Better uses for this prime spot than another eating place.

The blog that shan’t be named seems to think it’ll be replaced by a Horror Makeup-like stunt show.
I mean from what others have said there's not a lot of backstage area for sets. Unless they'd completely redo the inside of the soundstage.

Multi-story Nintendo store in the plaza area - who says no?

A real E-Sports event would need a much larger arena, like something at OCCC, or Amway Center. E-Sports draws huge crowds.
It wouldn’t *need* to be. Full Sail has the largest collegiate esports arena in the country with a staggering capacity of 500. If Universal built a 1,000 person capacity arena and did monthly invitationals (rotating specific games in a quarterly cycle), it would be a huge add for them.

It wouldn’t *need* to be. Full Sail has the largest collegiate esports arena in the country with a staggering capacity of 500. If Universal built a 1,000 person capacity arena and did monthly invitationals (rotating specific games in a quarterly cycle), it would be a huge add for them.
That would be very cool IMO

I guess I was thinking more along the lines of the bigger tournaments than collegiate level, although since there wouldn’t be a steady tenant anymore, I would suggest building something like this new the third park.

The lack of stability would mean that it’d be better off used for backlot use on productions than ESports imo. And all you have to do is ask TNA how hard it is to get people to come in and take time out of their vacation to be a part of a live audience (when offered for free!).

As far as the subject of ticket booths--

Universal Studios Hollywood actually went out of their way to reduce the amount of ticket booths during the renovations of the park plaza, leading to the archway of their entrance; with electronic ticket booths. I see no reason why Orlando couldn't do something similar.

Universal Studios Hollywood actually went out of their way to reduce the amount of ticket booths during the renovations of the park plaza, leading to the archway of their entrance; with electronic ticket booths. I see no reason why Orlando couldn't do something similar.
I think it would be a great idea to lose the ticket booths at the park entrances. It would really open things up in those areas. Electronic ticket booths could be off to the side of the entrances, sprinkled throughout Citywalk, and even like previously discussed, the BMG plaza could become a sort of "box office area."

I find it funny how many people are waiting in the ticket line when the park opens and for like 2 hours after

Like, on what planet do people not know that online is more than likely going to offer some kind of discount

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
I find it funny how many people are waiting in the ticket line when the park opens and for like 2 hours after

Like, on what planet do people not know that online is more than likely going to offer some kind of discount
I've always thought the same. It's incredible how many people don't want to do stuff themselves or online. We purchased Disney tickets through the app last year and it was so easy. But I have family that said "I would rather just get them at the ticket booth"

Like... what??

I've always thought the same. It's incredible how many people don't want to do stuff themselves or online. We purchased Disney tickets through the app last year and it was so easy. But I have family that said "I would rather just get them at the ticket booth"

Like... what??

People want that human interaction, even if it's more complicated. Some people distrust computers, fearing that they'll mess up even though it's usually the other way around. :lol:

I do think a new way of selling tickets could definitely be beneficial for Uni though. Like discussed before, electronic kiosks interspersed with a few TM-run windows in a new box office area would be awesome. Could really help with opening up the entrances to the parks!

People want that human interaction, even if it's more complicated. Some people distrust computers, fearing that they'll mess up even though it's usually the other way around. :lol:

They can still do that though. Even when Universal was going out of their way in the addition of the electronic ticket kiosks, they have full sanctioned areas for ticket booths, plus the will call/VIP arrival stop. I'd honestly be one to say that there's a lot they can do from looking at what Hollywood has done on making things more easy (atleast, in my eyes).

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
They were playing some music from the Spongebob Musical in CityWalk last weekend

And I thought to myself...hmmm...that would be interesting
If that is the direction they're going, I think this would be more likely.

Then they could replace Shrek 4D with SLoP.

Last edited: