Blue Man Group Replacement Rumors | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Blue Man Group Replacement Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
HRRR really should get removed
but I don't want to lose the only large outdoor coaster in USF
but there's no good way to build a better replacement on the same site
but HRRR really needs to go.

Anyway, how fully do the ticket booths get utilized these days (pre-covid)?
As far as I could tell on my Fall trip, literally not at all. They used the ticket booth lines as queues to actually enter the park. Ticket Booths were closed

EDIT: wow you said Pre Covid, don't mind me

I keep seeing people talk about the space between HRRR and HRC for another restaurant. Is this area below what you are talking about? That's only ~100 ft between the two and you couldn't butt them up directly. You'd need, I'd guess, at least a 20 ft cushion on each side. That leaves 60 ft. For comparison, Toothsome is 150 ft wide. To use that area, it would have to go behind HRC to have enough room for anything other than maybe a fast food joint.

View attachment 14009

might get people to go visit the piece of the wall that is back there? But yeah, that is a tiny area, I also think HR has some outdoor seats there.

Thanks for the close up of the fender's neck I noticed in an earlier pick! Never noticed that from the ground...I do recall when the HR was at the back of the park and shaped like a GTR.....

might get people to go visit the piece of the wall that is back there? But yeah, that is a tiny area, I also think HR has some outdoor seats there.

Thanks for the close up of the fender's neck I noticed in an earlier pick! Never noticed that from the ground...I do recall when the HR was at the back of the park and shaped like a GTR.....
It would have to be a fairly small place, but like previous posts have said, there's definitely enough room for a full service restaurant there if you take out the path. Especially if it's multi-story.

It would have to be a fairly small place, but like previous posts have said, there's definitely enough room for a full service restaurant there if you take out the path. Especially if it's multi-story.

yep, I get it, but then the HR loses (if you take out the walkway) that side of the building which includes the area where they moved the piece of the Berlin Wall to (it use to sit at the park entrance to the old restaurant) -- history would move again, but where to if its home is eliminated??

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
yep, I get it, but then the HR loses (if you take out the walkway) that side of the building which includes the area where they moved the piece of the Berlin Wall to (it use to sit at the park entrance to the old restaurant) -- history would move again, but where to if its home is eliminated??
Maybe outside the entrance of the restaurant? Move the path to the other side of the building next to Hard Rock Live?

Reactions: Frank Drackman
Not to burst any bubbles, but there's literally no room at all for service trucks to get anywhere near that courtyard, so a restaurant or shop is probably off the table unless it's going in the actual soundstage.

I'm talking about making the old Nick/BMG outdoor areas to the side entrance all backstage areas now. Move the Hard Rock storage area from parallel to the hard rock to perpendicular where the old guest area was. Have a new building on the walking path and old storage area.

I'm talking about making the old Nick/BMG outdoor areas to the side entrance all backstage areas now. Move the Hard Rock storage area from parallel to the hard rock to perpendicular where the old guest area was. Have a new building on the walking path and old storage area.
I think we're on the same page here, but I'm having a lot of trouble picturing where all of this is lol

Reactions: Frank Drackman
You should make a map of your ideas!

I think we're on the same page here, but I'm having a lot of trouble picturing where all of this is lol

somewhere around

bmg1.jpgbmg2.jpg

Until they figure out what to do with the place, they should set up outdoor dining seating and park their food trucks in that courtyard.

actually made it out for a change -- was at the parks for a little while today, they had this open as a crossover to IoA from the Studios -- scanned our ticket at the US exit by RRR, I assume folks coming the other way had their tickets scanned at IoA's exit.

I always thought when we talked about a new
Entrance we were talking about the grandness and place making. Similar to how they made a cohesive theme for USH.

Yeah, when I mentioned a new entrance it was simply redoing it from studio entrance to Hollywood art deco. You can get rid of the tickets right in front of the turnstiles and move them off to the side. HHN will benefit drastically from removing those ticket booths. IOA can benefit too. Like someone said, placing a new ticketing area where the Coke icon is would be an efficient location/use of space.

Reactions: Nico
Not to burst any bubbles, but there's literally no room at all for service trucks to get anywhere near that courtyard, so a restaurant or shop is probably off the table unless it's going in the actual soundstage.
But. . . don't they currently service Hardrock cafe with no issue?

But. . . don't they currently service Hardrock cafe with no issue?
Screen Shot 2021-02-07 at 1.30.54 PM.png
You can see the HRC loading dock off of Production Plaza highlighted there. To the left of that is a gate which marks the beginning of the park and end of the road

Screen Shot 2021-02-07 at 1.33.01 PM.png

A better view from the courtyard.

I think you could make it work, but the loading dock would have to be at the location of that gate which might block traffic on Production. I like the idea of turning this into a food truck court/beer garden. It wouldn't interfere with the tours that get started in BMG, and would be easily moveable/removable when they decide to do something more with the space. Low cost, moderate profit.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95

Got it - I was mainly referring to the Hard Rock storage area, wasn't totally sure where that was. So we are on the same page here!

Until they figure out what to do with the place, they should set up outdoor dining seating and park their food trucks in that courtyard.

This would actually be pretty awesome for a temporary fix.

I think honestly, if there's potential to make a bunch of money (which there is), Universal will figure it out. I'm sure they've been wanting to expand Citywalk for a while!

I don't understand the clamor for a new mass loader restaurant. Outside a weekend dinner rush and HHN/Christmas, most don't see enough business as is. And if EU goes forward -- I'm currently looking at construction equipment on it right now -- a large chunk of daily visitors may bypass CityWalk entirely.

I don't understand the clamor for a new mass loader restaurant. Outside a weekend dinner rush and HHN/Christmas, most don't see enough business as is. And if EU goes forward -- I'm currently looking at construction equipment on it right now -- a large chunk of daily visitors may bypass CityWalk entirely.
I mean it wouldn't necessarily have to be a restaurant in this spot either.

Reactions: RevFreako