Blue Man Group Replacement Rumors | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Blue Man Group Replacement Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Rip Ride RockIt is never going away. It's too popular to just rip it all away... but a re-tracking would be nice.

I don't think anything permanent will come here other than maybe something temporary if KidZone ever goes away for Nintendo or something else. The area in front of BMG is ideal for a hotel as part of a redo of the entrance ala Beijing.
In my dreams Intamin comes in and does a hyper coaster that goes even further into CityWalk than RipRide

It would also be themed to F&F after the other F&F ride is closed and replaced

Or theme it to some other Universal movie I don't care

So thinking, this is the first time Universal's really been "allowed" to hide SS18 from CityWalk, previously it was to show off Nick Studios and then access to BMG. So I wonder if they're looking to build a new shop/restaurant. Right now most of the area in front is take up my truck storage for the Hard Rock Live venue (tractor-trailers for show equipment, talent busses, etc). That can be moved parallel to the sound stages in previously guest accessible areas. Then that opens up a good-sized rectangle where something new can go.

For the discussion, I think there are two "replacements" for BMG

1) Something placed on the CityWalk plot between Hard Rock and HRRR
2) Something replacing the SS18 theater

#2 seems set, nothing yet and will likely be snatched up by production. #1 is the most interesting to me.

So thinking, this is the first time Universal's really been "allowed" to hide SS19 from CityWalk, previously it was to show off Nick Studios and then access to BMG. So I wonder if they're looking to build a new shop/restaurant. Right now most of the area in front is take up my truck storage for the Hard Rock Live venue (tractor-trailers for show equipment, talent busses, etc). That can be moved parallel to the sound stages in previously guest accessible areas. Then that opens up a good-sized rectangle where something new can go.

2) Something replacing the SS19 theater

#2 seems set, nothing yet and will likely be snatched up by production. #1 is the most interesting to me.
I feel like they've had construction equipment and fences out there for like 3 years lol

I wouldn't mind something in between HR and Rockit...which would essentially block off BMG building

I'm not sure how feasible it is to use SS33 and the parking lot outside of the soundstages for park expansion/a pretty heafty dark ride

I feel like they've had construction equipment and fences out there for like 3 years lol

I wouldn't mind something in between HR and Rockit...which would essentially block off BMG building

I'm not sure how feasible it is to use SS33 and the parking lot outside of the soundstages for park expansion/a pretty heafty dark ride

It's not construction equipment, it's the HR support location, can see it from google maps.

Reactions: Gpdvt and shiekra38
So thinking, this is the first time Universal's really been "allowed" to hide SS18 from CityWalk, previously it was to show off Nick Studios and then access to BMG. So I wonder if they're looking to build a new shop/restaurant. Right now most of the area in front is take up my truck storage for the Hard Rock Live venue (tractor-trailers for show equipment, talent busses, etc). That can be moved parallel to the sound stages in previously guest accessible areas. Then that opens up a good-sized rectangle where something new can go.

2) Something replacing the SS18 theater

In a previous comment I wrote about roughly how much space is in that plaza area in comparison to how much space other Citywalk locations take up. There is no doubt plenty of room on that plot between HR/HRRR to put something (or more than one thing) for Citywalk.

I love the idea of "hiding" the soundstages from Citywalk as well. Make it feel more enclosed.

Reactions: shiekra38
In a previous comment I wrote about roughly how much space is in that plaza area in comparison to how much space other Citywalk locations take up. There is no doubt plenty of room on that plot between HR/HRRR to put something (or more than one thing) for Citywalk.

I love the idea of "hiding" the soundstages from Citywalk as well. Make it feel more enclosed.

Yeah I saw that post, it's what gave me the inspiration for this post. The issues come down to re-allocating space in the area once guest areas are closed off.

• Love
Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Not to burst any bubbles, but there's literally no room at all for service trucks to get anywhere near that courtyard, so a restaurant or shop is probably off the table unless it's going in the actual soundstage.
Welp, there goes that.

Back to #2, @Joe!

Am I crazy to believe that something like this wouldn't be feasable...By removing Rip Ride Rockit

I have little knowlege of backstage stuff, but I've essentially changed very little in terms of space that's not already used

You could also remove Fallon and expand the SS outward?

Untitled-1.jpg

Am I crazy to believe that something like this wouldn't be feasable...By removing Rip Ride Rockit

I have little knowlege of backstage stuff, but I've essentially changed very little in terms of space that's not already used

You could also remove Fallon and expand the SS outward?

View attachment 14003
A lot of very positive things are made possible by removing HRRR, starting with the fact that HRRR would be removed.

A lot of very positive things are made possible by removing HRRR, starting with the fact that HRRR would be removed.
Lol, I knew that part wouldn't ruffle any feathers

They have plenty of room for a coaster in the back of the par-

Oh wait...the apartments

For that picture to happen, they'd have to kick out Minion Mayhem (which I'm totally fine with, but I don't see happening).

Lot of good things would come from losing HRRR, huh?

Maybe we can lose it and get that wooden coaster for KidZone, huh guys?

For that picture to happen, they'd have to kick out Minion Mayhem (which I'm totally fine with, but I don't see happening).

Lot of good things would come from losing HRRR, huh?

Maybe we can lose it and get that wooden coaster for KidZone, huh guys?
I made that soundstage yellow for a reason ;)

Where else would they put a practical Minion Mayhem darkride?

• Love
Reactions: TheCodeMan95
I made that soundstage yellow for a reason ;)

Where else would they put a practical Minion Mayhem darkride?
I'm personally anti-Minion but they're going to have a presence in the parks for a long time - so I'd rather see them in a highly themed dark ride than what we have now.

Also, @Nick - if there is no room for service trucks to get to the courtyard area, what would the possibility be of sharing loading areas with Hard Rock?

I keep seeing people talk about the space between HRRR and HRC for another restaurant. Is this area below what you are talking about? That's only ~100 ft between the two and you couldn't butt them up directly. You'd need, I'd guess, at least a 20 ft cushion on each side. That leaves 60 ft. For comparison, Toothsome is 150 ft wide. To use that area, it would have to go behind HRC to have enough room for anything other than maybe a fast food joint.

Screen Shot 2021-02-05 at 2.33.29 PM.png

Reactions: Jwhee and shiekra38