Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Blue Man Group Replacement Rumors

Rip Ride RockIt is never going away. It's too popular to just rip it all away... but a re-tracking would be nice.

I don't think anything permanent will come here other than maybe something temporary if KidZone ever goes away for Nintendo or something else. The area in front of BMG is ideal for a hotel as part of a redo of the entrance ala Beijing.

Rip Ride RockIt is never going away. It's too popular to just rip it all away... but a re-tracking would be nice.

I don't think anything permanent will come here other than maybe something temporary if KidZone ever goes away for Nintendo or something else. The area in front of BMG is ideal for a hotel as part of a redo of the entrance ala Beijing.
Isn’t it too close to HRRR? I’d imagine the sound there would necessitate some soundproofing that would be cost prohibitive

Isn’t it too close to HRRR? I’d imagine the sound there would necessitate some soundproofing that would be cost prohibitive
I think it’s way too close for a hotel and I think that that isn’t what we need in Orlando in terms of a entrance redesign. A hotel would only make things tighter not more spacious.

Roller coaster? Restaurant? Hmmm...

That could work.

When I went to the one in the UK it was a great experience but the food wasn’t amazing. The franchise is licensed out by Mack Rides and they have worked with Universal so it could happen.

They are developing another food concept which is launching this year called Eatrenalin launching at Europa Park this year. It looks really cool, you go to different cooking bays and setting to eat on a trackless ride vehicle. I think Unsiversal could do a lot with this. Eatrenalin – new dimensions for all your senses

The area in front of BMG is ideal for a hotel as part of a redo of the entrance ala Beijing.
The infrastructure will not allow, in my opinion. That area is land locked on all sides and it is not like there is a lot of real estate available. Do you see how massive the entry hotel is in Beijing? Hotels take up lots of space. They would have to do a lot more tearing down than BMG.

Would love to see Universal use the plaza area for BMG for a City Walk Expansion. And I would LOVE to see Universal re-track HRRR with Gerstlauer track and add a killer lighting package (something like Knott's HangTime) that would look amazing at night for Universal's skyline.

I wish they’d replace RRR with a coaster that didn’t suck

This, but make it a 'Film Vault' a nice fancy callback to the Bone Yard

and previous Universal attractions

and of course rename the current Film Vault lol
This is the one right here. Being right outside of the gates as well, perfect spot! Could even keep the backdoor entrance for customers only.

The infrastructure will not allow, in my opinion. That area is land locked on all sides and it is not like there is a lot of real estate available. Do you see how massive the entry hotel is in Beijing? Hotels take up lots of space. They would have to do a lot more tearing down than BMG.

Just meant as part of an entirely new entrance reconstruction ala California Adventure. And it doesn't have to be a huge as Beijing.