Busch Gardens, is it worth going ? | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Busch Gardens, is it worth going ?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yea I should have said I am staying at Disney , looking at the page, I would still need to get to Universal for a pick up hmmm that's making it less attractive as an option now

Now, I live pretty close to Busch Gardens, so I might be biased, but I'd say it's definitely worth going. Even with two major attractions now gone (Rhino Rally and Gwazi), you can still be there the whole day and not run out of things to do. For starters, they have the most roller coasters (and, in terms of thrill level, they're also the best) of any park in Florida. Then they also have just about every other type of ride that a typical theme park would have. Then there are the numerous live shows, including the Iceploration show, which is one of the best live-action shows I've seen at a theme park. And then if you don't like that they have a plethora of animal exhibits/encounters/walking paths. Also, the food offerings are all pretty great. In other words, it's essentially Animal Kingdom, but more extreme in every aspect except for the theming (outside of the shows) and the prices.

Will have another look see., Ahh i see Seaworld as an option and it says Magnuson Hotel as an option too. As I don't really know their locations related to everything else (coming from the UK) I don't really know the best location for a pickup.

The two "Maingate" locations for pickup listed (off 192) are just off Disney property, and the Publix location is also just off Disney property (right next to the outlet mall near Downtown Disney). It looks like Mears will arrange transport from any of the on property Disney hotels too the pickup locations (since they run the shuttle for Busch as well as all the off property transportation for Disney). It should be an inexpensive taxi ride to the pickup point (they're close). Which Disney hotel are you staying at?

Either of the Maingate locations on 192 are just a couple of miles from there, so if you had to pay for a cab to the pickup location it should be really cheap!

Well as I am on a UK holiday package I will have a chat with my rep, they will know how I am going to get there etc. Thanks for all the help everyone who has replied :D

Worth a day trip for sure! Especially if you happen to be coming during Howl-o-Scream season. The mix of rollercoasters, animals, and other classic theme park attractions makes it a great day trip away from Orlando!

I just went for the first time in many years and as others have already stated, it's a great park. I spent the whole day there. Although it wasn't as busy as Disney and Universal, some of the lines still take forever because they seem to have issues loading and unloading people from the rides. In other words, some of the employees there were less than magical.

some of the lines still take forever because they seem to have issues loading and unloading people from the rides.
Indeed, BGT and SWO are really bad at loading their rides, Gwzi use to be the worst, sometimes it took them 5 minutes to load. Employees at BGT and SWO generally seem less friendly as well, and no one claps when you get back in the station lol, though with the financial stress of the Seaworld chain you can't fully fault the employees.

It is absolutely worth going to BGT for a day if you haven't been there in 1.5 decades. Their prices are quite reasonable compared to a day at Disney or Universal, they have great ride and attraction offerings (they're a little weak in the flat/round ride and dark ride offerings though) and their Halloween event (if you're down there at that time) is a blast to attend too...without the extreme crowds of Universal as an added bonus!

It's about a 1.5 hour drive to get to BGT from the Orlando area, but it's a very enjoyable day and I highly recommend you go give them a whirl. They have some excellent coasters in their lineup!

Reactions: LieutLaww