Cabana Bay Beach Resort | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

Cabana Bay Beach Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The infrastructure to build a moving sidewalk from Cabana Bay would be crazy expensive and the construction process would disrupt operations on that entire side of the resort. Building a gondola would be pretty nondisruptive to the resorts operations.

How about the tubes from Futurama? That could be fun. :rofl:

iC6aIMCNdMpXF.jpg

I sidewalk with some nice shade along would be just fine.

God forbid someone might walk more than 15 feet. The recent video of the rather large woman trying to take her ECV up an escalator... just when you are saddened by the toppled ECV and her crippled state... she gets up, walks down the stopped conveyer and propels herself from the scene on her own two feet.

A little birdie has scuttled along and gave word that indeed, no water taxi extension for CBBR. Leaving buses and walking as the options.

A little birdie has scuttled along and gave word that indeed, no water taxi extension for CBBR. Leaving buses and walking as the options.

That's a shame, because the boat work well with Portafino due to it's location. However I can understand why. It's a hastle to close off roads like Adventure Way and the road that connects the RP convention building. Plus they don't have anything in between CBBR and RP that can make it happen.

If only they went with the original 1993 plan....

In a way, it actually makes a whole lot of sense for the current situation. Why go ahead and extend the canal when their not even sure what to do with the lot between CBBR and RP? Will that land be a water park, another hotel, a CityWalk expansion, etc.?

Uni is leaving one of their most crucial infrastructure projects alone for the moment so that they can perfect the plans whenever the figure out what to do with the land that will remain vacant for the time being aside from project staging. When plans for a fifth hotel are given the green light, those blueprints would probably include extending the water taxi canal, building a bridge for Adventure Way like the others at Uni, and building the docks at both resorts.

Hmm, if this resort doesn't have boat service either, along with no free express pass, then it won't be nearly as attractive as the other 3, and they will have to price it accordingly. The trouble is, Florida residents/AAA/other discounts often put people in the current resorts at around the $150 price point, sometimes even less. So I'm thinking this resort will probably have to go for like a $99 price point at least, even then kind of a tough sell without those amenities.

Hmm, if this resort doesn't have boat service either, along with no free express pass, then it won't be nearly as attractive as the other 3, and they will have to price it accordingly. The trouble is, Florida residents/AAA/other discounts often put people in the current resorts at around the $150 price point, sometimes even less. So I'm thinking this resort will probably have to go for like a $99 price point at least, even then kind of a tough sell without those amenities.

This is marketed at the exact same crowd who books Disney Value Rooms. There is a healthy market for those and there is a market for that at Universal as well.

I'm certain there will be time frames when the rooms are that inexpensive, but with the number of rooms in this hotel, adding Express to it would certainly stuff the lines in the parks, as well as dilute the value of the other resorts. Have to have certain amenities for the pricier hotels. Cabana Bay will have its own amenities, namely, the low pricing. Families want something like this with the Universal name instead of staying at some of the Partner Hotels anyways.

^ As a high school student working at a fast food restaurant to pay my way for my once a year Universal Studios Trip, I will personally love the value pricing so close to the resort. I hate staying at the slightly farther away partner hotels for the lower price.

Has anybody seen or heard any more progress so far? It seems like any word on this has completely died. Does anyone know when construction will pick up and join the pace of the other projects UOR has going on?

I haven't driven north of Sand Lake Rd. in quite a while...might have to on my way to the park tomorrow to try and get a quick glance. Last I remember they were moving some dirt around and putting down stakes, utility markers, that kind of stuff.

Ground work is well underway, next visit I will try to get some pics BJC :thumbs: