Cabana Bay Beach Resort | Page 123 | Inside Universal Forums

Cabana Bay Beach Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Anyone have a good source on which rooms open to the exterior?
Not sure if this still applies, but in Fall 2021 the exterior entry rooms were getting some refurbishments done. Also, the pool on that side was only open Friday-Sunday (if I recall correctly). Other side of the hotel, with the lazy river, was open daily, but a bit of a hike from the North End of the Resort.

If anyone's stayed there more recently, they could probably confirm if this is still the case. Imagine it had more to do with staffing than it did Covid regulations.

Reactions: Grabnar
Not sure if this still applies, but in Fall 2021 the exterior entry rooms were getting some refurbishments done. Also, the pool on that side was only open Friday-Sunday (if I recall correctly). Other side of the hotel, with the lazy river, was open daily, but a bit of a hike from the North End of the Resort.

If anyone's stayed there more recently, they could probably confirm if this is still the case. Imagine it had more to do with staffing than it did Covid regulations.
I think that was covid, I've heard of 95% occupancy lately

Reactions: Bort and Grabnar

Any pictures of these refurbished rooms anywhere?

Any pictures of these refurbished rooms anywhere?
Think it was more touch-ups than full on refurbished (like re-doing paint jobs/carpet/etc.).

Probably hard to distinguish which rooms got love to the uninformed eye.

Edit: Link to a video from DiscoLiz that shows the room:

Reactions: UNIrd and JoeCamel
Think it was more touch-ups than full on refurbished (like re-doing paint jobs/carpet/etc.).

Yeah. I didn't really notice anything substantial when I was there in June and November. Must have been pretty subtle....Now when they redo the Deluxes, it's really different & noticeable.

Yeah. I didn't really notice anything substantial when I was there in June and November. Must have been pretty subtle....Now when they redo the Deluxes, it's really different & noticeable.
Subtle updates are perfectly fine for this resort. They nailed the theme/feel initially, just starting to show its age a bit after nearly 10 years of operations. The sun has taken a toll on a lot of the exterior "paint", so I hope they touch that up soon to keep it from fading any worse.

Subtle updates are perfectly fine for this resort. They nailed the theme/feel initially, just starting to show its age a bit after nearly 10 years of operations. The sun has taken a toll on a lot of the exterior "paint", so I hope they touch that up soon to keep it from fading any worse.
I love the resort and it's price point. I'd prefer they keep the same color scheme. It works.

Reactions: therock and n i c k

Only thing that caught my eye that's "different" is the carpet. Looks great. Hopefully the couch was reupholstered as it was looking real tired on our last trips.

Universal has been great about updating their hotels as of late

In such a competitive market it's important for rooms to be fresh and clean

Anyway to request buildings or locations? Staying in September in an interior poolside suite so hoping to be near the food court and buses

Anyway to request buildings or locations? Staying in September in an interior poolside suite so hoping to be near the food court and buses
I usually have good luck with location requests by just asking at the check-in desk.
I tend to check in really early then go to breakfast/the parks, lets them shuffle rooms to accommodate my request as they have full inventory to play with

Last edited:
I tend to check in really early then go to breakfast/the parks, lets them shuffle rooms to accommodate my request as they have full inventory to play with
Yeah. and with their newer way of doing arrivals, you can ask for a morning arrival when you book, and they'll accommodate if possible. The last three times I've been to Cabana, I've checked in around 9:00 AM. ,
instead of the listed 3:00 PM arrival start timer for check ins. Room ready to go.

Yeah. and with their newer way of doing arrivals, you can ask for a morning arrival when you book, and they'll accommodate if possible. The last three times I've been to Cabana, I've checked in around 9:00 AM. ,
instead of the listed 3:00 PM arrival start timer for check ins. Room ready to go.
I stayed at RP in May, none of my room requests were honored. It was pretty booked up, so it might depend on just how full they are.