Cabana Bay Beach Resort | Page 29 | Inside Universal Forums

Cabana Bay Beach Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Does that price include entrance to the parks? I know there are a lot of perks that aren't available with this hotel, because of the price point i thought maybe it didn't include park tickets either.

Looking at the construction site from Google maps, it seems like CBBR would be a LONG haul to CityWalk by foot. I'm guessing that Universal's plan here would be to transport guests to the parks by shuttle to CityWalk. A walkway would be reasonable if it was connected to RPR, but then you would run into the problem with guests from CBBR hopping onto the Water Taxi's that RPR offers. Universal would then have to ask guests to show their resort cards to hop onto the Water Taxi's and refuse CBBR guests and have them walk.

Does that price include entrance to the parks? I know there are a lot of perks that aren't available with this hotel, because of the price point i thought maybe it didn't include park tickets either.

Huh? None of the hotels' prices include admission to the parks.

Looking at the construction site from Google maps, it seems like CBBR would be a LONG haul to CityWalk by foot. I'm guessing that Universal's plan here would be to transport guests to the parks by shuttle to CityWalk. A walkway would be reasonable if it was connected to RPR, but then you would run into the problem with guests from CBBR hopping onto the Water Taxi's that RPR offers. Universal would then have to ask guests to show their resort cards to hop onto the Water Taxi's and refuse CBBR guests and have them walk.

There will be shuttles and a walking path.

Other than the missing Express, this seems on par with the other resorts. The hotel itself looks to be beautiful and offering a lot of the great experiences that the other on-site resorts offer, such as the poolside movies. And I'm pretty excited about the lazy river and the bowling alley, which the other ones don't even offer :p The prices for bowling are not bad, and with my AP discount, it should be even better :thumbs:

Again, the walking distance from the CBBR to CityWalk is pretty much the same as the current walking distance from the RPR to CityWalk. There's only a few feet of difference. It might not seem so, but trust me, it is. You can look back a few pages where I posted the walking distances from Google Maps :thumbs:

Felipe's measurements are on page 30 of this thread.

He compares the actual RPR to CityWalk walkway (.4 miles) to the walk from the corner of Hollywood and Adventure to Citywalk (.5 miles).

But remember, the plot of land that CBBR is being built on is about half a mile "tall" (running North to South) so depending on where the buildings are, it could be a 1/4 mile or more just to get from the CBBR buildings (or pool area) and over the new bridge to Felipe's CBBR start point. But the RPR Pool/Buildings are very close to Felipe's RPR startpoint.

So, I respectfully submit that the walk from CBBR to CityWalk will be (significantly?) longer than the walk from RPR to CityWalk.

And besides the extra distance, I wouldn't want to make that trek along Hollywood way with little kids....

I'll take the bus!

Felipe's measurements are on page 30 of this thread.

He compares the actual RPR to CityWalk walkway (.4 miles) to the walk from the corner of Hollywood and Adventure to Citywalk (.5 miles).

But remember, the plot of land that CBBR is being built on is about half a mile "tall" (running North to South) so depending on where the buildings are, it could be a 1/4 mile or more just to get from the CBBR buildings (or pool area) and over the new bridge to Felipe's CBBR start point. But the RPR Pool/Buildings are very close to Felipe's RPR startpoint.

So, I respectfully submit that the walk from CBBR to CityWalk will be (significantly?) longer than the walk from RPR to CityWalk.

And besides the extra distance, I wouldn't want to make that trek along Hollywood way with little kids....

I'll take the bus!

The recent aerial view of CBBR posted on ParkRumors shows the resort buildings will be on the northernmost part of the plot. I think the walkway to CityWalk will also be set up starting on the northernmost part of the resort. I looked up the distance, now from the middle of the CBBR plot instead of from the corner, and it's 0.6 mi and 12 minutes (Compared to 0.4 mi and 8 minutes from RPR).

The walk to CityWalk from CBBR will definitely be longer than from RPR, that's a fact, but my point is that the difference is not that big. For someone who would have already walked from RPR to CW, it would be fine doing the comparable walk from CBBR to CW. I do see your point about where the walkway is in relationship to the buildings, but it would be a similar situation if your room over in the RPR happens to be in one of the towers further away from the pool area, where the walkway begins. Depending on where you are in the resorts, you will have a bit more or less to walk.

BTW, I also wouldn't make the current trek along Hollywood Way with kids. Uni will definitely have to enclose that sidewalk for everyone's safety. :thumbs:

One of the big things that I just realized looking at that picture above that really cements this hotels status as a "value" is many of the rooms will have a TERRIBLE view from the room. And that's fine. Turkey Lake doesn't get too loud at night anyway, it just won't be the prettiest view. Nevertheless, the hotel should be very nice itself.

Awesome article. Love hearing all the new details. 10 bowling lanes for up to 4000 people on the property doesn't sound like much but I'm glad it's there.

One of the big things that I just realized looking at that picture above that really cements this hotels status as a "value" is many of the rooms will have a TERRIBLE view from the room. And that's fine. Turkey Lake doesn't get too loud at night anyway, it just won't be the prettiest view. Nevertheless, the hotel should be very nice itself.

I'm sure they will put up some trees to help block the view of Turkey Lake. Well, I *hope* they will.

From @OrlandoInformer

New venue and first checkin! (@ Cabana Bay Beach Resort)

irDvwvQEtg9tz.png
VIDEO: Cabana Bay Beach Resort construction site - March 9, 2013 @UniversalORL

[video=youtube;4mzIukyKZkM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mzIukyKZkM[/video]

Tell me someone else sees the initial placement of the pedestrian bridge

Reactions: Felipe