Cabana Bay Beach Resort | Page 31 | Inside Universal Forums

Cabana Bay Beach Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
after cb do they really need another hotel the times i have stayed at rp it really wasn't that full and besides that i think it would have to be another moderate priced hotel

after cb do they really need another hotel the times i have stayed at rp it really wasn't that full and besides that i think it would have to be another moderate priced hotel

This is considered hotel #4. Space has been set aside for hotel #5 across the street. And the left over space from hotel #4 is in fact for either an expansion of 4 or a small hotel #6

Room for expansion on hotel or small hotel to the left as well.

I think expansion. I'm betting the CBBR will be very succesful, being around the price point of other hotels around the area, but much nicer and at such proximity to the UOR parks.

I also really believe that a themed water park in the currently-empty plot would also bring a lot more business to this hotel as well as the other three. It's common sense that the more full-day attractions that UOR has, the longer people will stay on-site, and this being the moderately priced hotel, which also still has some deluxe amenities, will probably see a lot of business. Which bring me back to my point of agreement, that the land south of the CBBR could most likely see the expansion of this hotel in some time :thumbs:

Oh! PS: Again... :lol: Thanks for all the pics, HTF! :cheers: You rock!

Last edited:
This is considered hotel #4. Space has been set aside for hotel #5 across the street. And the left over space from hotel #4 is in fact for either an expansion of 4 or a small hotel #6

This is what I expect happens. With the price point below Disney's and the heavy advertising of family suites I think this hotel will be a hit and could easily be expanded along with its own resort waterpark. Another thing we could see across the street and Disneyhead brought this up while we were in the park the other day. One thing Universal would really benefit from especially considering it can cater to a much older demographic is Convention space. There are many companies that rent out massive blocks in other Orlando Hotels with much larger convention space. During there stays many of them rent out Islands for the night. While that's great for Universal with the extra evening income, what about Universal being able to accommodate 1000 employees rooms, food, convention space, and all there entertainment. On top of that does anyone know how many companies hold conferences in Orlando simply because of the hotel and convention space mixed with all the entertainment options? One word, A LOT!

I'm with you on the expansion, any hotel they could fit down there would be way to small to really stand on it's own. That being said it's in the plans as one or the other.

And I know everyone wants that water park, but for now the plans have that space as hotel #5

This is what I expect happens. With the price point below Disney's and the heavy advertising of family suites I think this hotel will be a hit and could easily be expanded along with its own resort waterpark. Another thing we could see across the street and Disneyhead brought this up while we were in the park the other day. One thing Universal would really benefit from especially considering it can cater to a much older demographic is Convention space. There are many companies that rent out massive blocks in other Orlando Hotels with much larger convention space. During there stays many of them rent out Islands for the night. While that's great for Universal with the extra evening income, what about Universal being able to accommodate 1000 employees rooms, food, convention space, and all there entertainment. On top of that does anyone know how many companies hold conferences in Orlando simply because of the hotel and convention space mixed with all the entertainment options? One word, A LOT!

Very true! :thumbs: I had forgotten about that! :bonk:

I'm with you on the expansion, any hotel they could fit down there would be way to small to really stand on it's own. That being said it's in the plans as one or the other.

And I know everyone wants that water park, but for now the plans have that space as hotel #5

Let's hope plans change, then... :lol: A big themed water park would be a hit. It'd be perfect for the resort. Wet n Wild is not as close to the UOR property base to be considered part of it, and Universal does not get as much on-site hotel business from it as it could, were it (or another water park) on-site. Plus, WnW will continue to lose my business to Aquatica on aesthetics alone, so with Uni's stake on that property, I'd suggest they consider this at least. WnW is the ugliest and shadiest of the big / main Orlando water parks, behind Aquatica and Disney's. They could get a lot more business with a better water park offering, especially on-site.

Last edited:
has anyone come up with a solid reason why they didn't put CBBR in that plot adjacent to royal pacific?

That's a really good question. Logic would say that they shoulda built CBBR on the land adjacent to Royal Pacific, so they could easily extend the water taxi service to the CBBR. Hmmm...

That's a really good question. Logic would say that they shoulda built CBBR on the land adjacent to Royal Pacific, so they could easily extend the water taxi service to the CBBR. Hmmm...

As I mentioned above that area is currently marked for hotel #5 which will be a loews branded (high end) hotel that will have water taxi service. They opted to put the value hotel where it is for the same reason disney puts pop century and the all star resorts out in the middle of no where. The nicer the hotel the closer to the action.

Reactions: Andy
they would benefit from bigger convention space. 2 years ago I was at the rp for a ppg platinum conference and they did a very good job with the space they had for the trade show and meeting rooms

I also went to the LeakyCon held at the RPR in 2011 and it was a great experience for all the Potter fans, to be so close to the WWoHP, we got to see Deathly Hallows Pt. 2 in the theatre in CityWalk, and it's just great to be by the theme park in general, so Convention space is great to have. Who is to say.... They may have a convention center open here for when WWoHP Phase II opens, and LeakyCon may come back to UOR in 2015 or 2016! :thumbs:

i like resorts at universal so much that me and my wife are thinking about doing our 15 year wedding renewal at the rp or the portifino

Yeah a deluxe hotel #5 makes more sense. Why would they squeeze a water park in between two hotels? At least putting a fifth hotel closer to the RPR would actually make sense if they're going to make it one of the upper-end ones

- - - Updated - - -

Thats what I thought at first but if they want a deluxe resort to be reserved for that space next to the canal it makes sense.

Putting a water park in that empty plot would really up the value of RPR also, they could get away with charging as much as Hard Rock and Portofino, because it would be the only resort that had direct access to the water park, plus the water taxi plus walking path to the parks.

Yeah a deluxe hotel #5 makes more sense. Why would they squeeze a water park in between two hotels? At least putting a fifth hotel closer to the RPR would actually make sense if they're going to make it one of the upper-end ones

It wouldn't be a squeeze; that's a huge plot of land.

To me it makes more sense to add new attractions and offerings, rather than more hotels. There's not gonna be enough to do for all the people that would be staying in 5 on-site hotels :lol:

If people do have to walk from Cabana Bay to Citywalk, just imagine all the people that will be staring at the water park as they go. So many people will say "Oh that looks fun" and find a way to squeeze it into their attraction.

I think if Universal's goal is to get folks to spend more days on property (and less days at WDW), then I agree with Felipe - they probably need more attractions, not more hotel rooms.

Currently, a typical family spends what, 2 - 4 nights at Universal? Maybe they plan on a day and a half at each park, plus let's say they plan one day of just chilling at the hotel pool and/or CityWalk. Maybe they play mini-golf one night and see Blue Man Group on another. Then they probably go home or to Disney.

I guess what I'm asking is what can Universal build on these plots, besides more hotel rooms, that would get that typical family to extend that typical stay to say, 5 - 7 nights?

I think a high-end Waterpark is an obvious choice to get families to add at least another night to their Uni hotel reservation. But what else can Universal add to their limited space to entice vacationers to spend more time on property?

Maybe there is enough room on one of those plots for a high-end Par 3 or Chip & Putt golf course?

Or how about a Hoop Dee Doo style themed dinner show?

Maybe something along the lines of Disney Quest?

It wouldn't be a squeeze; that's a huge plot of land.

To me it makes more sense to add new attractions and offerings, rather than more hotels. There's not gonna be enough to do for all the people that would be staying in 5 on-site hotels :lol:

It's not a great shape though. But what I really meant was squeezed as in being between two hotels...why would they put it in between two structures thus limiting its design? Also, if they were going to put something on turkey lake, you'd think it would be the water park, not the hotel

Not sure if anyone posted a pic of the hotel model but here it is:

cbay1-550.jpg

Have not seen that before. Very nice. It looks much larger than what I expected from other concept pictures. Good for you Universal. A lot more guests will be staying on property longer and spending more money.