Cabana Bay Beach Resort | Page 32 | Inside Universal Forums

Cabana Bay Beach Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Not sure if anyone posted a pic of the hotel model but here it is:

I posted that pic as well as another view of the model a few pages back.....

iVLaMJeKCHCCn.jpg

ib0qKzTqNkFgh5.png

It's not a great shape though. But what I really meant was squeezed as in being between two hotels...why would they put it in between two structures thus limiting its design? Also, if they were going to put something on turkey lake, you'd think it would be the water park, not the hotel

I don't see how being between two hotels would limit its design. This would be a stand-alone project.
I actually think it would be perfect to have it there between two hotels; easy access from both hotels :thumbs:

Since this will be the fourth on site hotel, I would like to see Universal start a shuttle service from the Orlando airport to the resort, similar to what Disney does now. They could even theme them to the Harry Potter Knight Bus.

Since this will be the fourth on site hotel, I would like to see Universal start a shuttle service from the Orlando airport to the resort, similar to what Disney does now. They could even theme them to the Harry Potter Knight Bus.

I think that would be a brilliant move by Universal. They want to bring people directly on property and keep them there, this is how you do it.

I don't see how being between two hotels would limit its design. This would be a stand-alone project.
I actually think it would be perfect to have it there between two hotels; easy access from both hotels :thumbs:

True, but if you were going to put a property on a major road, why would it be a hotel with rooms and people sleeping in it, not a water park from which you can block the views?

Also, why should a water park be connected to the water taxi canal and not a hotel?

I just don't think it makes sense. There's no way they're just making this up as they go considering they had to deliberately put CBBR in that relatively isolated location for a reason. I'd like to be proven wrong, but I think another hotel (like has been brought up before) is more likely.

The reasoning of saving the plot in between CBBR and RPR for another high-end hotel that would deserve waterway access more than the value hotel makes the most since, in my opinion.

They don't advertise it, but if you book with a travel agent (mine was AAA), you can get a shuttle from the airport to your UOR resort and back.

That would be awesome!

They don't advertise it, but if you book with a travel agent (mine was AAA), you can get a shuttle from the airport to your UOR resort and back.

Wow, really? They should advertise this! I've never even heard of it. Are you sure it was actual resort transportation and not a service added to your trip package?

Cool video! Thanks for the link! :thumbs:

Wow, really? They should advertise this! I've never even heard of it. Are you sure it was actual resort transportation and not a service added to your trip package?

Well since I didn't rent a car, the travel agent booked it, and the guy was holding a Universal Orlando logo. It was either a shuttle car service that offers transportation from the airport to Universal, or it is a licensed Universal shuttle. However, it was no Disney's Magical Express, even though I've never been on it. I'll try to figure it out.

Edit: Ok so what I found was with my package, my family added on transportation from the airport to UOR and back. We used R/T Meet & Greet Transfer - Orlando Int'l Airport. The prices were $36 per person from ages 12-17 and 18-up, and $26 per child ages 4-11.

For more info, I found the information on http://www.disboards.com/archive/index.php/t-2793369.html

So there is a way, but you have to book it in a package. Now DANCE TIME! :whoo:

Last edited:
Not to mention the more hotels that have express pass, the more watered down the value of said express pass becomes. That's why Disney couldn't possibly offer it to all of their on site hotels. It would be worthless. if everyone has express pass, then nobody does. I think Universal should keep it at three hotels with express, and no more.

It's designed as the value version of the on site hotels, which is why it doesn't.

If it came with express it would be priced the same or slightly less (like $10-$15) then RPR.

I was playing with the hotel booking tool
the lowest price was 119.00 and the highest was 199.00
since I can find 199.00 for RP with AP discount
it is almost the same price sometimes

Not really. The highest price you can find is $199 at one

The lowest price you can find is $199 (with a discount) at the other.

You also gotta keep in mind the type of room you're getting and how many people will be staying in the room, as that will change the price.

They need to start offering this to everyone once CBBR is done IMO

I agree. The transportation Disney offers to and from MCO is a great amenity. It's very convenient and a big reason why people choose to stay on WDW property.

For UOR, should they begin to offer this service, would it be for deluxe hotels only or for all four?

I agree. The transportation Disney offers to and from MCO is a great amenity. It's very convenient and a big reason why people choose to stay on WDW property.

For UOR, should they begin to offer this service, would it be for deluxe hotels only or for all four?
I personally see it as the more the better (takes more away from Disney), but I have a feeling if they do it they won't include CBBR.