Cabana Bay Beach Resort | Page 33 | Inside Universal Forums

Cabana Bay Beach Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
IMO it would have to include CBBR as well. Universal wants people to stay on their property as much as possible. It wouldn't make sense to force 50% of their room occupancy to rent a car or pay for a shuttle.

If they run a shuttle it would only make sense to offer it to everyone. Would you rather have a half empty bus of people you forced to stay in RPR or a full bus of a mix (and no one stayed across the street)

If they really wanted to go for the jugular, they should not only offer Airport Transfers, but also offer free shuttles to ALL the local parks including all 4 Disney Parks.

Last edited:
If they really wanted to go for the jugular, they should not only offer Airport Transfers, but also offer free shuttles to ALL the local parks including all 4 Disney Parks.

Or even if Universal offered a shuttle to their parks in general from Disney. I know a bunch of people who have flown in and used DME and would have loved to go to Universal for a day but getting over there is a process, whether renting a car, taxi or service.

then there would be no need to stay at any Universal hotels; I think Universal is mainly counting on people who are on Disney vacations to cut their time at Disney by a fraction to spend time at their parks, in their hotels. If there was a shuttle, people at the Grand Floridian could get picked up from Magic Kingdom to go to Universal as many times as they want while continuing to spend their money on Disney hotels.

then there would be no need to stay at any Universal hotels; I think Universal is mainly counting on people who are on Disney vacations to cut their time at Disney by a fraction to spend time at their parks, in their hotels. If there was a shuttle, people at the Grand Floridian could get picked up from Magic Kingdom to go to Universal as many times as they want while continuing to spend their money on Disney hotels.
$600+/night at the Grand Floridian vs $89/night at CBBR.

But the shuttles would be for Universal Resort Guests only. Not for Disney guests.

But the shuttles would be for Universal Resort Guests only. Not for Disney guests.
While I appreciate the attempt here to bash GF's ridiculous prices (which they are), comparing GF and CBBR is ludicrous. A more fair comparison would be the Hard Rock at $369/night. Or if you wanted to truly compare to CBBR, then compare it to AoA at $118/night. Still a much better deal in both cases, but you can't compare the flagship hotel of WDW and Universal's first value resort and expect that to be a fair comparison.

Last edited:

ohhhh I see. Didn't quite understand the shuttles' purpose :thumbs:

that would actually have the opposite effect then--it would keep guests out of Disney hotels

- - - Updated - - -

While I appreciate the attempt here to bash GF's ridiculous prices (which they are), comparing GF and CBBR is ludicrous. A more fair comparison would be the Hard Rock at $369/night. Or if you wanted to truly compare to CBBR, then compare it to AoA at $118/night. Still a much better deal in both cases, but you can't compare the flagship hotel of WDW and Universal's first value resort and expect that to be a fair comparison.

It was my comparison originally so that's probably why it was made, but I wasn't looking to compare prices, it was just the first Disney hotel to pop in my head when drawing up my example.

Couple drive by shots 3/21
IMG_2664_zps0a706e9f.jpg

IMG_2663_zpsc67b3949.jpg

IMG_2660_zps280164d2.jpg

Not much new here but I thought I would post it anyway.

From My FOX Orlando.com

City to build pedestrian bridge for Universal Orlando

ORLANDO, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35 ORLANDO) -

The Orlando City Council is set to approve a deal Monday that would deliver $9 million worth of improvements to an area at Universal Orlando Resort, including a $4.5 million pedestrian bridge connecting Universal's new hotel to it's theme parks and City Walk. Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer says there is more to the deal than just a bridge.

"There's also some transportation storm water improvements that are included in it."

The money will come from a Community Redevelopment Agency set up in the area around the theme park's property. In the paperwork, the city plans to borrow the $9 million, and after debt service the price tag would swell to $12.5 million. A city spokeswoman says they have been able to find a lower interest rate than what is in the city's documents, so the total will only be $10.3 million. Mayor Buddy Dyer says this CRA is only doing exactly what it was designed for.

"The CRA was set up for transportation improvements in that area. It captures tax increments and we'll continue to use it for transportation improvements and things like pedestrian bridges."

We asked the mayor why Universal would not pay for the bridge since it will connect their hotel with their theme park?

"The CRA is generated on property taxes generated by Universal and some of the surrounding properties, and the CRA was set up to use the excess property taxes generated for transportation improvements to benefit the entire area, and that pedestrian bridge actually connects city property with city property."

Universal points out that they pay $20 million dollars in taxes each year, and that the road this bridge will cross has two-thirds of its traffic coming from locals. They and the city paint it as a safety issue for pedestrians. The city assures FOX 35 that once the bridge is built, it will be open to the public at all times.