Cabana Bay Beach Resort | Page 39 | Inside Universal Forums

Cabana Bay Beach Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
They've started painting the hotel a light blue now. I'd say its about half painted from what I saw.

null-6.jpg

Hey guys there is a media event going on at Uni right now centered around this resort. A bunch of updates are all over twitter and facebook right now with all the usual suspect posting updates.

That IOA entrance was blue sky long ago, and was dropped before this resort even had it's theme.

The rumblings on here were wishful thinking. HTF, myself and a few others said that months ago.

Such a shame, because it's right across the street from the park. The way it is now, that sounds like a quite a walk to the parks from that resort. Maybe they will let people enter at that group bus entrance that is across the street from Royal Pacific? That goes right into the entrance plaza for IOA. Then it might not be too bad. Would be great for Royal Pacific guests too.

Such a shame, because it's right across the street from the park. The way it is now, that sounds like a quite a walk to the parks from that resort. Maybe they will let people enter at that group bus entrance that is across the street from Royal Pacific? That goes right into the entrance plaza for IOA. Then it might not be too bad. Would be great for Royal Pacific guests too.

I haven't really asked where it's going to hook into the existing paths. I would assume there, or somewhere along the walking path for Royal Pacific guests that ends at Margaritaville.

The idea of this having it's own entrance died when it was decided it was going to be the low end of the hotels. You don't give them exclusive access and tell the people paying more that they can wait out at the turnstiles.

True, they could also extend that path that starts at the boat dock at Royal Pacific over to Cabana Bay somehow. That whole walk would probably end up being a long meandering pathway though, possibly longer than the path from Portofino to Universal Studios. Looking at the satellite photo, it does look like there is a path that leads off the sidewalk on Hollywood Way and joins up with the Royal Pacific path just behind Margaritaville. That looks like it would be a long hot walk though along a busy street from Cabana Bay.

Per today's media event:

Phase 1 (opening January...oops, 1st quarter 2014) is 900 rooms, all suites with motel-style exterior entry.
Phase 2 (opening mid/late 2014) is 300 suites & 900 standard rooms, all with hotel-style interior corridors.
Standard rooms start at $119, suites $174
The bathrooms have a cool divided layout (sink & tub, sink, and toilet) that allows 3 people to use them at once.
The food court will serve American classics plus an international station. There will be bars but no sit-down dining.
The sleeper sofas are designed without a rail under the mattress (more comfy) and there are multiple accessible charging stations in each room.
10 lane bowling alley, lazy river, & lush landscaping, but no diving from the diving tower.

Now the bad news:
Transportation to the parks is by bus or pedestrian walkway to CityWalk only. A bridge will cross Hollywood way but there will be no IoA back entrance near JP/Toon Lagoon, and no boat.
Cabana Bay guests get all the same perks as other hotels (including early park entry) EXCEPT free express. No word of they will be offered a discount on express passes.

It's very, very similar to a lot of motels I'm used to in Wildwood, New Jersey, the shore town I've been going to since...well...always. Wildwood is heavily steeped in 50s culture, and is said to be the "birthplace of Rock and Roll" due to "Rock Around the Clock" first being performed there on New Years Eve 1954. The town has the 50s/60s vibe and really celebrates the culture of the time. This looks really similar in architecture and theme. I'm excited and nostalgic.:lol:

I'm a Royal Pacific devotee, but I have some nostalgia about my youth in both Wildwood, NJ and Miami Beach, both of which this reminds me. I'm willing to give it a try.

Last edited:
10 lane bowling alley, lazy river, & lush landscaping, but no diving from the diving tower.

So was there ever a point of having the diving tower in the first place if it can't even be used? I understand the reasoning for safety precautions, but is its only purpose now purely for decoration?