Cabana Bay Beach Resort | Page 43 | Inside Universal Forums

Cabana Bay Beach Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Construction hasn't started yet, but permits for the project were filed in the middle of last month. Here's the description from the permit:

Proposed 10' Wide Garden Sidewalk; Provide a pedestrian walkway from Turkey Lake Road to Universal City Walk. Walkway includes, but not limited to: Pedestrian bridge, site lighting, benches, shelters, trash receptacles, and landscaping.

Plan review is ongoing, with the most recent comments made yesterday.

Here's a link to the master permit for the project:
http://edviwr.cityoforlando.net/OrlandoWebPermits/Permitting/login.aspx?CaseNumber=BLD2013-07093

Reactions: natespf
I know it would never ever happen, but I would so love to see the lazy river have a fork in it and end in the back of Popeye or some other raft ride. That would be such an amazing way to enter the parks!

A few aerial shots . . .

CabanaBayBeachResort-067.jpg

CabanaBayBeachResort-066.jpg

CabanaBayBeachResort-068.jpg

Love the pictures!!! Very excited to see the progress and as a family of 6, I find the suites very appealing as well as the recreational options.

Does anyone know if they will charge for parking at this hotel as well? We always drive to Orlando and I like being able to park close to our room (with 4 kids, it makes getting to and from the car so much easier), but also hate having the charge for parking at the end of our stay. I could even handle a smaller charge, but the $15 (or whatever it is up to now) at the other hotels, really starts to add up and I would much rather spend that money in the parks!

It already is open.

Thanks Skip :thumbs:

- - - Updated - - -

Love the pictures!!! Very excited to see the progress and as a family of 6, I find the suites very appealing as well as the recreational options.

Does anyone know if they will charge for parking at this hotel as well? We always drive to Orlando and I like being able to park close to our room (with 4 kids, it makes getting to and from the car so much easier), but also hate having the charge for parking at the end of our stay. I could even handle a smaller charge, but the $15 (or whatever it is up to now) at the other hotels, really starts to add up and I would much rather spend that money in the parks!

You can almost bet on that they will charge that same fee :lol: It does sucks but a lot of other hotels around town are starting to hit people with a "resort" fee so starting to become more common