Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Cabana Bay Beach Resort

Either way, justifies keeping a park or 2 open later and adding more nighttime offerings to keep folks spending...er...making memories

Justifies keeping parks open later, adding to said parks, and adding to the resort's entertainment options.

Renaissance doesn't begin to describe it.

- - - Updated - - -

Poor Doubletree must be a bit: :look:

I'm sure all the hotels in the area are doing that today. Once the price points for the place are released, I expect many a hotel on I-Drive to begin cutting prices.

Also with 1800 rooms being added lets see what kinds of new tenants Citywalk attracts.

Also with 1800 rooms being added lets see what kinds of new tenants Citywalk attracts.

I'm interested as well. Considering this seems to be a "family" hotel, I wonder what new tenants we could see there. I know we just got a bowling alley at DTD, but I wouldn't be surprised to see one pop up at City Walk.

Also...maybe another show to go along with Blue Man group? A Broadway-type arena showing Wicked would be pretty sweet.

Also...maybe another show to go along with Blue Man group? A Broadway-type arena showing Wicked would be pretty sweet.

Yes! Wicked in the Universal Orlando area would be immensely popular. I love the show and beautifully orchestrated music. Having a new hotel in the area really opens up the possibilities in terms of what can happen to the City Walk area.

With the money that BMG brings in, another major broadway style show would almost be a no brainier. I also wouldn't be surprised to see a large arcade type attraction.

I feel like I was one of the only ones not surprised by this announcement. I knew there was some sort of work going on next to the RP, but I wasn't sure if it was staging for our 2 construction projects at USF or a new project, which I had always assumed was a hotel. I'm thinking that this is the plot being used.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the design-I'm a huge fan of the 50s look in decor and architecture, so it's right up my alley.

And where do you all propose Universal puts in these new CW venues? Our current venues are all very popular, and I doubt they would want to change them, and I don't think there is room for expansion.

900 suites and 900 rooms. Quite a lot of capacity.

Also, eventually have an EMH equivalent and add a nighttime show to IoA.

Ooh, and a dining package with a dessert party in the Navigator's Club, then view the show from the bridge walkway...I'd pay big for that.

Anyways, the only way to give CBBR dedicated boat service is to build east of Adventure Way. That gives them a sizable plot of land to still play with.

There are a couple of empty spots in CW, so there is room for another club and/or restaurant or two, but that's about it.

Last edited:
WOW! I get home from work, log on, come to Orlando United and see Universal announces new resort...:bonk: :jaw:

I plan to go to college to study Hospitality Management and this is right up my alley! I also planned to do an internship at one of Universals resorts while in college and this really excites me!!

I do like the style, I am a lifeguard so the big pools make me happy! :p Looks like the one will have a slide. I hope they add a beach style pool with maybe a sand bottom or walk-in type area. I think the family suites are a smart move as well as the value pricing.

I have to admit, this was totally out of the blue! I come here everyday to check on SS44 and HP 2.0 updates and then I see this, what a great surprise!