Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Cabana Bay Beach Resort

Has anyone stayed in one of the 2-bedroom suites at Cabana Bay? We're going to Universal in August (this will be a Universal-only trip, since the "other place" messed up our August booking!) and need a 2 bedroom setup.

We've got Endless Summer-Dockside booked (if not open, they said we'll be moved to Surfside), but I really want to try and get something at Cabana Bay.

Has anyone stayed in one of the 2-bedroom suites at Cabana Bay? We're going to Universal in August (this will be a Universal-only trip, since the "other place" messed up our August booking!) and need a 2 bedroom setup.

We've got Endless Summer-Dockside booked (if not open, they said we'll be moved to Surfside), but I really want to try and get something at Cabana Bay.
I stayed in a 2Bedroom at Cabana when Volcano Bay opened! While some things may have changed, the main things I remember were the view being spectacular and the location being super convenient to Volcano Bay (request the Bayside tower to be the absolute closest).

However, there were some drawbacks. Firstly, it was expensive as all get out. It’s probably cheaper to get three separate rooms. Second, they are the farthest rooms from Cabana Bay, which puts you far away from the resort’s amenities. In fact, we occasionally found it quicker to walk to the Volcano Bay bus to Citywalk (which I unfortunately think has been dropped as a route, but I’m not sure).

But, at least compared to Surfside, Cabana Bay has awesome amenities that make it one of the best value resorts in Orlando (but a 2BR at Surfside is significantly cheaper than a 2BR at Cabana)

Just got back from an 11 night stay at Cabana Bay and have three main takeaways...

- All the food in the Bayliner is fantastic. Universal blows Disney away when it comes to counter service dining. Not even in the same league.

- They need to move the smoking sections away from the main sidewalks. You have no choice but to walk right through three or four of them any time you want to go from the main building to the Beachside tower.

- Channel 110 (which was labeled CGTN and supposed to be Chinese news) shows nothing but '80s music videos on a 24/7 loop. Lots of Wham!, Billy Joel, Michael Jackson and Kenny Loggins. We were obsessed with it and would come back to the room and turn it on while drinking. We learned all the moves to Dead or Alive's "You Spin Me Round" over the course of the trip...

Just got back from an 11 night stay at Cabana Bay and have three main takeaways...

- All the food in the Bayliner is fantastic. Universal blows Disney away when it comes to counter service dining. Not even in the same league.

- They need to move the smoking sections away from the main sidewalks. You have no choice but to walk right through three or four of them any time you want to go from the main building to the Beachside tower.
I agree with both of these sentiments

I was especially annoyed because I was wearing a mask and the cigarettes' smell got trapped in there for a few minutes haha

Its been a long time since I've been able to go but I'm hoping to take another trip later this year. Can anyone let me know if you are still able to cross the street from Cabana Bay over to Sapphire Falls to ride the boat to the parks? Last time that was much more convenient especially at the end of the day, as the bus stop for Cabana Bay was up under the escalators and was a mad rush with lots of waiting in switchbacks just to get back to your room. And it took like 3-4 buses before we were able to finally board one. The only bad part about crossing the street was that it was a busy intersection at times.

Its been a long time since I've been able to go but I'm hoping to take another trip later this year. Can anyone let me know if you are still able to cross the street from Cabana Bay over to Sapphire Falls to ride the boat to the parks? Last time that was much more convenient especially at the end of the day, as the bus stop for Cabana Bay was up under the escalators and was a mad rush with lots of waiting in switchbacks just to get back to your room. And it took like 3-4 buses before we were able to finally board one. The only bad part about crossing the street was that it was a busy intersection at times.

Theoretically, yes you can still do this, however Sapphire Falls is still currently closed. I'm sure it will be re-opening sometime in the near future though.

Can't answer about the boat but just wanted to point out that there is a pedestrian bridge over that road, it is in the corner of the parking lot at CBBR and a much safer place to cross -- once across the street, there is a path to walk to the parks but you are also by SF's pool -- but yes, crossing at the intersection is less walking for most I imagine.

Can't answer about the boat but just wanted to point out that there is a pedestrian bridge over that road, it is in the corner of the parking lot at CBBR and a much safer place to cross -- once across the street, there is a path to walk to the parks but you are also by SF's pool -- but yes, crossing at the intersection is less walking for most I imagine.
Plus, unless it has changed, it used to be a very pretty bridge. Lots of plants and stuff.

I'm about to book for my trip.

Does anybody have any recommended locations for staying here?

I'm kind of tempted to book a VB view room but I'm hearing a few people saying it's loud and I can see it being great for a few days but maybe not the best location for 2 weeks.

I stayed in Americana last time which seemed to be a tick most of the boxes I'm looking for.

I'm kind of tempted to book a VB view room but I'm hearing a few people saying it's loud and I can see it being great for a few days but maybe not the best location for 2 weeks.

I stayed in Americana last time which seemed to be a tick most of the boxes I'm looking for.
I had a VB view room in the original building, not the new towers. Far enough away that there wasn't any noise from VB, but still had the terrific view. Extra cost was minimal with the VB view well worth it. Just my 2 cents opinion.

If you want to sleep in a VB room is probably not going to cut it. Since CBBR is so diverse how about a couple of nights VB view and I like the family suites on the north end, the pool side might be a little noisy but the park side was plenty quiet for me. I've stayed in both several times and am up early so the VB view room worked and seeing that view at night was worth the extra money for me. Still a bargain price for what you get imo

I prefer Castaway, rooms facing away from the pool.

1) Close to the main building
2) VERY close to the walkway to the parks
3) Close to the bus station
4) Windows are in the living room so the bedroom remains dark for sleeping
5) I like the outdoor entryways for Florida rooms. I'm weird like that.

I prefer Castaway, rooms facing away from the pool.

1) Close to the main building
2) VERY close to the walkway to the parks
3) Close to the bus station
4) Windows are in the living room so the bedroom remains dark for sleeping
5) I like the outdoor entryways for Florida rooms. I'm weird like that.
Yep, I stay as a single and enjoy the space

Does Cabana Bay still allow you to bring your own float for the lazy river and do they still blow up the float for you? Just wondering if maybe they stopped becuase of Covid? On the website all I see is that pool activities are currently not happening. But nothing about floats for the lazy river.

Has anyone rented the cabanas by the pool? The first day I’m down there we won’t be going to the parks, so thinking about renting one, but could also just allocate that money to food and drinks at citywalk instead if it doesn’t seem to be worth it