Captain America: Brave New World | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Captain America: Brave New World

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I do think the angle of focusing on Sam's lack of serum could be an interesting one, and connecting it to elements from Phase1 could also help make the transition a little smoother for the GP between Caps. Also happy to see more Hulk '08 references, which they've been increasingly keen on in Phase 4.

Under normal circumstances, I'd be thrilled about so many elements/characters from the Hulk comics coming back to prominence.

But I hate the way the MCU has handled Bruce/Hulk since the end of AGE OF ULTRON, so I don't have a lot of hope that they're going to rectify that in a Captain America film.

I don't think this automatically means a Hulk apperance...

Ross and Leader are the villains... Why wouldn't the scientist daughter of Ross who has first-hand experience with Gamma radiation show up to help? ;)

They should have played into the multiverse and gotten Sam Elliott.
To be fair, Hulk 2003 is seen as a massive disappointment and one of the worst comic book movies ever made (only a small circle, like me, find it to be an interesting failure) so any returning elements from that film was never going to happen.
Under normal circumstances, I'd be thrilled about so many elements/characters from the Hulk comics coming back to prominence.

But I hate the way the MCU has handled Bruce/Hulk since the end of AGE OF ULTRON, so I don't have a lot of hope that they're going to rectify that in a Captain America film.
Even in Ultron his portrayal was iffy what with the weird romance with Black Widow and him technically stealing Hank Pym’s role as the creator of Ultron. And I haven’t even read any Hulk comics. Even ones where he played a supported role. Just that there’s a noticeable difference between how he was played in 2012 and then in Ragnarok and beyond.

Is Hulk himself going to have some sort of role in this film BTW?

To be fair, Hulk 2003 is seen as a massive disappointment and one of the worst comic book movies ever made (only a small circle, like me, find it to be an interesting failure) so any returning elements from that film was never going to happen.

I mean, it’s not like The Amazing Spider-Man movies were all that well-received either. That didn’t stop people from getting excited at seeing those characters come back.

And Elliott as Ross was pretty perfect casting if we’re being honest. Like JK Simmons, he looked like he was ripped straight from the comic pages.

I mean, it’s not like The Amazing Spider-Man movies were all that well-received either. That didn’t stop people from getting excited at seeing those characters come back.

And Elliott as Ross was pretty perfect casting if we’re being honest. Like JK Simmons, he looked like he was ripped straight from the comic pages.
Lots of people still think Andrew Garfield was the best Spider-Man, and I think the first movie was well received. Not sure if Eric Bana is anyone’s pick for a definitive Bruce Banner/Hulk.

If Ross is a villain in this (didn’t read up on the story) then Elliott’s Ross wouldn’t make much sense. Putting aside multiverse shenanigans, Ross was pretty reasonable in that film, with most of the bad stuff happening as a result of Talbot (who went behind Ross’s back) and the Absorbing Man.

Set photos of new Cap suit. Looks a bit more tactical and stealthy than Sam’s suit at the end of FatWS. The new tactical/stealthy seem to go with the rumored vibe of this film and the look gives me flashbacks of Steve’s Winter Soldier suit.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
It's looking good

I'm hoping we get more air combat in this film.

I think I enjoyed the show more then most (the bad guys did suck but like the political and human parts) and the opening action scene of that show might be the best of entire show and hope we get more of that

It's looking good

I think I enjoyed the show more then most (the bad guys did suck but like the political and human parts) and the opening action scene of that show might be the best of entire show and hope we get more of that
I know I’m in the minority but aside from maybe Ms. Marvel, FatWS might be my favorite MCU show. The villains for all of the MCU shows suck so a bad villain in these shows is not something that kills a show.

Everything about it was just so fascinating from a writing perspective imo.

I know I’m in the minority but aside from maybe Ms. Marvel, FatWS might be my favorite MCU show. The villains for all of the MCU shows suck so a bad villain in these shows is not something that kills a show.

Yeah
I'll be rewatching the show (it will be my third time watching it) for sure. While the Villain sucked, Walker I think is a great Grey character and hope they do him right in the upcoming films

Reactions: Nick
Yeah
I'll be rewatching the show (it will be my third time watching it) for sure. While the Villain sucked, Walker I think is a great Grey character and hope they do him right in the upcoming films
Yeah, I’ll never forget how epic the fight was at the end of episode 4 when John Walker literally kills a guy with Cap’s shield.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
It's looking good

Part of what makes TFATWS good is that it’s probably the ONLY Phase 4 Installment (aside from maybe Wandavision) that actually deals with the ramifications of the Snap in a serious manner.